Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Thanks to The Bugle, I am unable to think of Silvio Berlusconi without hearing Episode 99. "SILVIO BERLUSCONI GETTING HIT IN THE FACE NEWS NOW! Is this a beautiful dream, Andy? Have I died and gone to heaven?"

We are long overdue for another appearance by The American, though he's probably too busy scooting around on his jet ski to come into the studio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

The e-mails section this week was great: mocking the acceptance of The Smurfs in the Czech Republic, and "please stop sending us pictures of wangs." Plus a dig at News Corp!

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Andy used to be on a radio show called "7 Day Sunday" with Chris Addison and Sarah Millican. It was pretty good, though it died a weird death. All of a sudden one week, they were gone and three new people showed up for five more episodes.

Addison, Zaltzman, and Oliver also did a radio show called The Department, which is also funny.

Here is the Badonkadonk mentioned in this week's Bugle and the recommended products that followed. The only one it's missing is the Playmobil Security Checkpoint.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Listened to 199 again and the new lyrics to the Star-Spangled Banner about hitting home runs into the sea off of an aircraft carrier should be adopted nationwide.

The only thing that would have been better is if The American had made an appearance, as he is a noted aficionado of the jet-ski.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Eagerly awaiting the LMFAO remix as mentioned by Producer Chris.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I still think #99 is the greatest so far. Silvio's Face vs. the Milan Cathedral is gold.

John's delivery on that episode is fantastic.

"SILVIO BURLESCONI BEING HIT IN THE FACE NEWS NOW... Is this a beautiful dream, Andy?"

I'm cracking up just typing that.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

TACD posted:

Holy poo poo, seriously. On occasion I've queued up a few to listen to on a long train journey and started to doze off... then the SSHHHWOMP comes in at the start of an episode and I jump out of my goddamn seat.

Agreed. It's so much louder than the rest of the show, it's ridiculous. I was hoping that it would go away once they weren't part of Newscorp anymore, but no...

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

onoflalks posted:

I doubt much preparation is mutual due to John working at the Daily Show and Andy still suffering from depression since London 2012 ended.

We simply must airdrop some sport into London at the earliest opportunity, the nation's (and Andy's) sanity demands it.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

Come on Silvio do something crazy! Make it a trifecta.

Have they already covered this bit from Silvio?

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

I am curious why he hates Glenn Beck now, other than Glenn Beck is loathesome.

The Iron Shiek posted:

who deserve to eat dog poo poo more than the @glennbeck #RejectedOscars

%10000 The @glennbeck have raisin balls and rice crispy dick

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

I have been humming "There's a Pope, Pope, Pope" all day.

John does love to sing.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

This picture really is fantastic. John's expression is what makes it.

http://thebuglepodcast.com/?p=521

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

I wondered why there was no new Bugle last night. https://twitter.com/hellobuglers/status/323221311709134848

hellobuglers posted:

Attention Buglers. This week's Bugle will be recorded on Sunday afternoon, UK time, so should be available late on Sunday evening.

Love how the first two responses are about what did Chris do and where is the merch.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

thefncrow posted:

The Bugle twitter feed just announced that this weeks episode will feature the long awaited return of The American.

gently caress yeah.

Perhaps John will revisit his rendition of the National Anthem--the version about hitting baseballs off of the flight deck of an aircraft carrier into a swarm of jet-skis.

It is the most fitting tribute to The American.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

John saying "You're a professional rear end in a top hat" is one of my favorite things they've done all year.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

I was listening to this on the train and when the started talking about this I must have looked like a loon.

I was walking the dog when Andy mentioned how it took so long to drive across Switzerland because you had to stop and count all the stolen gold. I'm sure my neighbors think I'm nuts as that was a rough chuckle.

The emails just better and better. The one about the pig writing in to say how dare they take pig semen contracts lightly may be my favorite.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Apoplexy posted:

I've been listening through the older episodes, and I finally got to Engineer Chris taking over and the inexplicably vitriolic email about how he sucks on his first episode. gently caress YOU, CHRIS!

One of my favorite Bugle-related things is when he ran the London Marathon a few years ago, and some Buglers had a "gently caress YOU, CHRIS" sign up near the end for the entire duration of the event. That and his reporting on how delighted Andy was when he was doing a pun run while ringing a bell.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

This may be the best Bugle contest ever.

"Describe what you think should be on the back of the new pound coin in 100 words or less. Andy will get his kids to draw it."

Thinking that there will be a lot of submissions about Florence Nightingale.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

No update on the coin contest this week, but I believe they set a record for the number of times the phrase "Napoleon's penis" was ever uttered in a podcast.

Truly a historic episode.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Fellatio del Toro posted:

John got a taste of those sweet, uncensored fucks on HBO and now there's no going back.

Plus the most recent episode of "Last Week Tonight" featured Mitch McConnell as a penis. Now if he would just feature a jet ski or talk about Q-Unit, it would be that just more a visual newspaper for a visual world.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

And here I'd just recently signed up for my voluntarosubscription and everything.

It's on hiatus for the World Cup, but you can sometimes catch Zaltor the Magnificent on 7 Day Sunday (where he crams 5 minutes of material into "Andy Zaltzman's 90 Seconds of Sport") and he has been shooting little bits for the Guardian about football now and then.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

More protests need signs that say, "Hey! I'm walkin' here!"

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Oh god. I'm sat on the train dying of laughter at the German conversation. Beautiful language.

So majestic and sonorous!

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

John singing is still one of the best things in the Bugle. "Shine bright like a diamond. Shine bright like a diamond."

So catchy, though his take on the Star-Spangled Banner will always be my #1 highlight. (The version involving hitting baseballs off of an aircraft carrier, to have them picked up by jet-skis.)

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Glad to hear that in the most recent episode, John was able to play football with both Andy and Chris.

"I'm basically Pele."

Though 2015 is not getting off to the best start. It felt like they both wanted to give a fuckeulogy to the year already.

(And Andy, can you really give 2014 a rating of 1.5 when the World Cup was so spectacular? Or was the year a 0 except for the World Cup?)

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Billy the Mountain posted:

I lost it on Pukalele.

I loved the story about being trapped in the desert, with the only thing to listen to is Bugle 190 on repeat. Thank goodness for the Polish tourists!

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

It is not a happy one.

Producer Chris has one of the best lines in the show. "You've averaged a 'gently caress' about every 15 seconds so far."

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Mordiceius posted:

I wonder if they'll have anything to say about the FIFA arrests.

I expect almost as much swearing as they did post-election.

Andy did some stuff for The Guardian during World Cup, wonder if he's got anything lined up there, too.

Plus Last Week Tonight, could be a busy week for both of them.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Apoplexy posted:

on Rick Santorum: "He's a conservative with a capital K and a Christian with nearly three capital Ks."

"Take back America, like some sort of disappointing shirt."

Those were some dire campaign songs.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

njsykora posted:

It's kind of telling that they could fill 45 minutes with just FIFA stuff from the past few years.

I'd forgotten the majesty that was the vocal range of the vuvuzela.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

thehustler posted:

Zaltzman fans may want to know that 7 Day Saturday is back on BBC Radio 5 Live

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b02lwy59

Podcast is available

My favorite incarnation of the show had three hosts: Chris Addison, Sarah Millican, and Andy Zaltzman, with one rotating guest per week.

But we still get ANDY ZALTZMAN'S 90 SECONDS OF SPORT!*

* - may be more than 90 seconds

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

ClydeUmney posted:

This thread seems like it's dead a lot these days (like the podcast :smith:), but I thought I'd mention that last night's Nightly Show featured a segment with a bully that I'm almost positive was played by Rory Albanese, basically playing The American.

Hooray, a not-quite-The-American! I do hope jet skis were involved.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Great read, thanks for that!

Nish was a guest on the London episode of Lovett or Leave It and did a great job. Evidently he'd been at a previous show and somehow volunteered to be on the panel. Which had to be an interesting conversation!

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

The Chinese leadership pun run caught me by surprise. My thought process while listening: "Wait... What is happening no he surely cannot, no... OMG he just did a pun about Deng Xiaoping"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

I went to the Portland show of the Bugle last week, with guest hosts Helen Zaltman, Martin the Soundman as guest Chris, and Alice Fraser via videolink from Tokyo.

Great show, though the highlight for me might have been when Andy's free trial of Zoom.us died in the middle of the show. So Alice was talking and a giant warning came up that the meeting was about to end. He had to call her back, but not before she'd run off to go get a beverage.

There was also a bit of Q&A at the end, which was nice. Some exceedingly deep cut references from Bugle listeners, too. (One referenced the town the Bugle had declared war on back in like episode 22 or so.)

• Locked thread