Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

The Chad Jihad posted:

Anyone have any thanksgiving/holiday themed cocktails they like? I've been press-ganged to be the drink guy at this year's. I've got some options picked out (gonna go 1 boozy and 1 sweet) but figured it'd be good to ask. We all have SUPREMELY unrefined palates, like, I made Alabama slammers once and was treated like a king

I like Lost Souls punch for Thanksgiving. It's got a deep autumnal element.

Kenning posted:

I made a punch for my girlfriend's workplace party thing on Wednesday and it was exceedingly well-received. It's an original that was designed to evoke the harvest and the sometimes gloomy chill of autumn (even though I live in the Bay Area and it's been 70 degrees all week). I call it

Lost Souls Punch

2 750 ml bottles Calvados
1 750 ml bottle Belgian-style quad (use something brewed with plums or the like – I used Judgment Day Ale by the Lost Abbey, which uses raisins)
1 lb. turbinado sugar
16 oz lemon juice
Optional: the peels of 2 or 3 citrons
1 oz. absinthe (I used Mansinthe by Marilyn Manson, which is 66.6% abv.)
2 qt. water

Muddle the citron peels (or just use lemon peels it will be fine) with the sugar and let sit as long as possible. Bring 2 cups of the water to boil and then use to dissolve the sugar. Strain out the peels and allow to cool, then add the lemon juice, Calvados, and Belgian quad. Pour into a 7 quart bowl over a large block of ice and add the remaining water to taste. Allow to chill before service if possible.

If you want to do it up, a bit of dry ice chucked into the bowl makes it fog over and sizzle mysteriously.

A few years ago there was also a mania for the Legend cocktail in this thread, which also fits the bill, although it's much stronger.

vlad3217 posted:

I got some Nonino a little while back and this is the best one I found in my death & Co book using it so far

Legend
1 ounce Pierre Ferrand 1840 Cognac
.5 ounce Appleton Estate V/X Rum
.75 ounce Lustau Amontillado Sherry
.5 ounce Amaro Nonino
.25 ounce Rich Demerara Syrup
1 dash Bitter Truth Aromatic Bitters
1 dash Angostura Bitters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Corb3t posted:

I actually just bought two pounds of cacao nibs to make my own creme de cacao, but I'm sure Tempus Fugit's is amazing. Now I understand why anything with cacao is so expensive - the nibs weren't cheap.

I'll be in Chicago in a couple weeks and Tempus Fugit isn't available in Michigan - I'm grabbing a bottle of Creme De Banane to bring home, is there anything from Tempus or anybody else that I should be on the lookout for?

Giffard Banane du Bresil is incredible.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Honestly, would. You only live once.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Probably just NGS diluted down and infused.

e: tiny possibility they fermented and then distilled actual Doritos, but the world is not so beautiful.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Sorry, neutral grain spirits.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I'm a bit fan of Pussers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

TengenNewsEditor posted:

what's with the attitude, did you forget to sweeten?

I think they read "steep" as "sleep".