Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-67810645 - the twins made it.

Love UYD end-of-year: AVN nominations, the Black List, Captain Tom Bristol...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Heh, yeah that guy. Yeah he doesn't talk.

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

Listening to old'ish episodes and around 856 Jonathan mentioned trying out for voiceover for another podcast. Did he ever mention that on Twitter or Instagram on how that played out? I don't remember it being referenced again on the pod.

emptyrave fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jan 4, 2024

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

duomo posted:

I subbed at that tier and of course Jonathan never sent the flash drive

I got an envelope but it was torn open, no flash drive.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

Rick posted:

I got an envelope but it was torn open, no flash drive.

Jonathan is gd treasure.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

1007, anybody know the album Jonathan "got duped" by (like it was billed as something old, previously lost, rediscovered, but was actually not)?

778: The Sundance dies on Sunset

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

1007, anybody know the album Jonathan "got duped" by (like it was billed as something old, previously lost, rediscovered, but was actually not)?

Hasn't he talked about this before? I have a vague memory about it.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

I have no clue what Jah has babbling about in the last few episodes. hes not even finishing his sentences

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Listening to 1007 and loving that Jonathan was a self-proclaimed rasta for years if not decades, and still doesn't understand why rich people don't just spend all of their money solving society's problems. In conclusion,

mweber posted:

Jonathan is gd treasure.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I pondered this question some more, could it be some deadhead Jerry Garcia bullshit?

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Cheques are back

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

C-Euro posted:

Listening to 1007 and loving that Jonathan was a self-proclaimed rasta for years if not decades, and still doesn't understand why rich people don't just spend all of their money solving society's problems. In conclusion,

I laugh thinking about when teenage Jonathan went into his counselor's teepee and stole his weed which turns out to have been blessed in a religious ceremony and super important to the guy. The counselor immediately accused Jonathan, who started talking about he was Rastafarian and would never do such a thing, it went against the very core of his beliefs, etc.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i can't shave my beard...

i'm muslim

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST

Bear Enthusiast posted:

Heh, yeah that guy. Yeah he doesn't talk.

He can hear!

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
We started the show February 11, 2006. You were 28. I was 45.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Did you guys catch Jonathon mention he was wearing $3,000 in clothes during the shop lifting fiasco? Classic of course he’s into fashion.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
shoot, i can't find that old video of Jonathan showing up in a "Hipster or Homeless" video.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I can’t find the post that says ‘ugh I love Jonathan’ but I love Jonathan

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I can’t find the post that says ‘ugh I love Jonathan’ but I love Jonathan

he's the smartest dumb guy

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Jah is a great storyteller, and he seems to have an endless supply. Remember when he told the top gun flight suit story and that was something like 500 episodes in. If I had a top gun flight suit everyone I meet would know within the first five minutes.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

n8r posted:

Jah is a great storyteller, and he seems to have an endless supply. Remember when he told the top gun flight suit story and that was something like 500 episodes in. If I had a top gun flight suit everyone I meet would know within the first five minutes.

Yeah absolutely. He's probably got more in store for years to come.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Has Jonathan mentioned being the son of Dan Fielding again,
since "Night Court" is back

I'm pretty far behind at this point and really want to know if it's come up.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Has Jonathan mentioned being the son of Dan Fielding again,
since "Night Court" is back

I'm pretty far behind at this point and really want to know if it's come up.

I can’t quote chapter and verse, but I’m pretty sure they’ve discussed whenever Pops has a new show coming out.

I remember Seth bitching when Bobby Moynihan got a role as the younger version of John Laroquette’s character in the short-lived Me, Myself & I.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
I like his story about being a child and crying as he watches his dad get shot to death on TV

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Dunno if Jah is the smartest dumb guy but he's definitely the most self-aware, though fortunately that's not enough to stop him from being dumb

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
RIP Koby Teeth

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

The bit about him on stage with Will Smith doing gestures for the races mentioned in "Rapper's Delight" and the best part is that this is happening at a Nobel Prize event.

Scut
Aug 26, 2008

Please remind me to draw more often.
Soiled Meat

Pooky posted:

RIP Koby Teeth

Does anyone know which eps covered Toby Keith songs? I've had no luck doing regular searches.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i only remember Koby Teeth's I Love This Bar & Grill

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Per the archive of Weck's Wiki:

Episode 007
16:22 – Toby Keith – “Get Drunk and Be Somebody” (first one to be dictated). Jah: “loving Toby Keith. He’s the worst right? He’s got to be the worst.” (17:36)

Episode 020
23:40 – Toby Keith – “Honkytonk U”

Episode 026
33:42 – Toby Keith – “I Love This Bar”

Episode 028
35:57 – (Jah chooses Koby Teeth over Tim McGraw, but Seth does both) Toby Keith – “You Ain’t Much Fun” and Tim McGraw – “I Like It, I Love It”

Episode 059
37:28 – Toby Keith – “High Maintenance Woman”

Episode 085
46:55 – Toby Keith – “Love Me If You Can”

Episode 124
16:15 – Toby Keith – “She’s A Hottie”

Episode 197
8:15 – Toby Keith – “Courtesy of the Red, White & Blue – The Angry American”

Scut
Aug 26, 2008

Please remind me to draw more often.
Soiled Meat
Thank you, I think it's important to reflect on Toby's death with these respectful clips.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

JethroMcB posted:

Episode 197
8:15 – Toby Keith – “Courtesy of the Red, White & Blue – The Angry American”

Turns out we put the boot in our own rear end, but hindsight is 20/20.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
rest in piss Koby Teith, died when his rear end exploded whilst attempting to rip an overlarge and most patriotic poo poo.

lmao that UYD is the first thing i think of when i saw he croaked.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

uber_stoat posted:

rest in piss Koby Teith, died when his rear end exploded whilst attempting to rip an overlarge and most patriotic poo poo.

lmao that UYD is the first thing i think of when i saw he croaked.

Bluesky has been very enjoyable today, roasting him. What a piece of poo poo.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Cached Money posted:

Hasn't he talked about this before? I have a vague memory about it.
Stumbled on something that I thought might be it until I noticed this was from 2022, though he could have been just misremembering or saw it late himself when he said "this year":

quote:

In the second week of April, the legendary proto-punk band Max Creeps announced their breakup after over 40 years together. And for a couple days Twitter and Instagram were full of rock stars lamenting the band’s demise and sharing memories of gigs, including Billie Joe Armstrong, Henry Rollins, and Laura Jane Grace. Despite never releasing an album, the duo of Max Blastic and PC Bullshit had managed to influence generations of rockers.
There’s just one problem: There’s no evidence that Max Creeps ever existed. As the breakup announcement was quickly followed by an announcement that a Max Creeps album, Nein, would finally be released by Velocity Records on May 13, internet sleuths smelled a PR stunt, or at least a late April Fool’s joke, and started to piece together clues.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Happy birthday Ms. Aniston.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
18 years. UYD is now a legal adult

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Seth’s adopted Black grandson has completed his bachelor’s

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

977:
S: Did you just say that it's been theorized that Jesus smoked weed?
J: hashish

I fell off regular listening in the mid 970s, coming back to "'IT HAS BEEN THEORIZED THAT JESUS SMOKED WEED,' THAT'S WHAT HE JUST SAID" was absolutely perfect

And then that's followed immediately by DJ Clear the Floor at the top of the next episode. Great one-two punch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Jahnathan strikes again