Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Seth talking to Bill Simmons at a Starbucks? <3 <3 <3 Seth is so cool. Get Seth on a BS Report, Bill...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
JDOG: What does IPA stand for?

SOTH: Uh, nope-nope-nope.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Phrases like "wicked," "steez," or "a grip of ___" are a lot more ubiquitous than "bone down," I say.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Craig's House, and this is a personal favorite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kByRODAlgU0

I'm pretty sure it introduced me to UYD, so there's that.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Haha, Seth's rant about how they should just give him a Chevy Silverado because what does it matter is awesome.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Jonathan is sort of privileged and hypocritical. I identify with him in this, and then I identify with Seth's neuroses about living and society and stuff. It's sort of distressing.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
None of you can glean anything about Seth's personality and feelings from what he says? I don't think one could record hundreds of hours of youreslf talking and not have a considerable amount of your true self come through. I hope he's more well-adjusted and content than he seems in his crazy stories, but I think the abstract stuff he talks about does trouble him. I don't think I'm projecting anything onto him.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Okay, well I agree with the other posts. Also, at no point was anyone freaking out; it was merely a conversation between people with different viewpoints. :)

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
You can talk about whatever you want while other people engage in a conversation, though. It's very interesting how these forum boards work. I would say that a lot of people are interested in acknowledging this topic, and as evidence there have been a shitload of posts in this thread recently whereas there are usually only a couple here and there.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
That was a good fuckin episode. The Boston show is gonna be dope.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I love when Seth goes, "It's so late right now! What are you doing??"

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Episode 330 is up! on time :O

I'm gonna listen to it now.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
hey um I meant to post that here?? uyd for life

UP AND ADAM fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Sep 21, 2012

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
That's great. About how many people were in the crowd? I hope they can monetize UYD more easily in the future, do more shows or something maybe.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Does anyone remember a story, I don't remember who told it, about a guy in a Starbucks or something with a laptop and was trying to holler at girls by saying "I'm working on this thing," but was crazy unsuccessful? And they kept going on about how wack dudes are.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Obamaaaa.

Obama!!

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
"Sometimes, you may put crack in a blunt"

Seth: No, you never do that!!

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Awww. Why hasn't Seth been on cameras more? He's really funny.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
It's totally a bit, fools. Do you see the way the shots are cutting? And how funny it is? I know Seth has some demons in him, but I can totally tell he's doing it to be funny.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I love their super savvy and self-conscious attitude about aging. Also their attitude on a whole mess of things.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I remember seeing that commercial back in the day when it aired! Coincidentally, I think, Raisin Bran (and Crunch as well) is like my favorite, most-preferred cereal. I would imagine it's vegan too so Seth might approve.

vv Ah, I don't use soy milk or anything like that though. I'm sorry Seth.. :(

UP AND ADAM fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Feb 12, 2013

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
But a new one just dropped! January and February are gone.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Seth is facetious when he says he's going to check out a new disgusting indulgent food item, but not (I think) when he talks about a new TV show. I think one's eye for Seth facts becomes honed after listening to many episodes, and well, mine is quite formidable. :smug:

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
"Don't bring your loving guns over here"

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I think you should definitely go to a show if they're in your city, dude. It's Uhh Yeah Dude!

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Seth is really like he is on the podcast. It's not a character; he's just

Anonymous Robot posted:

a weird, neurotic , anxiety-ridden person with enough awareness to recognize that and play up his quirks for laughs.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I loove when they hate on awful, creepy dudes. They should dip back into more M4F ads for the next live show.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I was just listening to another rare episode in which, like that adoption argument, Seth had an outlook with which I disagreed; Jonathan was telling a story about his friend who went into an Apple store to get her hard drive replaced, and instead of sending away for it through the official channels, with a cost of like 500 bucks, the tech dude made an excuse and surreptitiously hooked her up with one they had in the back in like 10 minutes, and Seth seemed to genuinely think this merited only a 20 dollar tip or less. No way, Jonathan and I thought. Getting a sweet hookup like that called for something more like a hundred bucks.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I know they are still going strong, but why did they not address their no-revenue situation like 200 episodes (4 years) ago? I know the answer is Seth and Jonathan's personalities, but they could make people pay a token amount for their huge rear end archives like some podcasts do, they could have a voluntary subscription, like The Bugle has, that at least some generous people would pay for, they could do more youtube stuff and if they got more popular they could make money from that, and it wouldn't require any uncomfortable change in their steez and attitude.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I don't feel like listening to it again, but I remember not agreeing with Seth's logic either, at least as the beginning of the argument.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

Beeez posted:

I agree 100% on that. Further in I still don't think Seth's really on point about a lot of stuff, but his "idiots obliviously enjoying things" laugh is funny every time he does it.

I wonder if something's wrong with me because I find a lot of what I think Seth espouses on UYD-living life in a fearful, self-centered way, suspicious and critical of unknown things and dangerous situations-to be right up my alley in terms of overall guiding life principles. Is that bad? I think I'm the wrong age and have the wrong amount of crazy life experience to have that kind of attitude about everything.

But what is unquestionably valid is their opinions on things like dudes hitting on girls, old celebrities (and olds in general), the internet, et cetera. I think they really are on point with their attitude towards modern culture.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I think it's pretty easy to tell when he's joking, venting/exaggerating, or trying to be sincere too. From what I gather about his preparation and feelings for the show, I think Seth is only attempting to be as funny as possible. That said, I personally think he's cool as hell; I hope I'm as well-adjusted (this may not be an apt description of him though?) as him when I'm 40. Like, the interview with Marc Maron put Seth and him in sharp relief. Maron has a wretched empty insincere old life, from what I can tell.

UP AND ADAM fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jun 26, 2013

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
UYD: Twin Jets

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I love when they talk about dudes' wack behavior (even better when Seth does some imitations of them) and how they should get free trucks. Great stuff.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I love Jonathan's story about how he pissed himself at a Michael Jackson concert, and how he had to have a bodyguard for an MC Hammer(?) concert.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
They have a super successful podcast, I think, by the metrics of podcasting that are out there, but Jonathan just sucks at succeeding in traditional ways.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

Professor Latency posted:

Idk guys, I admire Jonathan's total slacker-ness. It's perfect.

It is perfect. I want them to stop having money troubles though, and gouging a bunch of internet nerds would be a fine way to help if Jonathan would get his poo poo together (Seth is a million years away from being away to do stuff like this it seems).

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
That 99 year old 99 second shopping spree bit was great. Seth you are loving funny man.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
This poo poo was really funny this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Breaking Bad doesn't have universal appeal though, and "knowing" Seth it's probably a little too fantastical and goofy for him to take seriously. The Wire, on the other hand, he should have kept with. The boys often pick up on the contradictions and abuses of our society, but they are lacking in the exact scholarship behind them, so it seems to me that the Wire should have been of interest to them, but I guess I can't take issue with their verdict after seeing the full first season.