Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

fuf posted:

Can we have some more "if you like uyd then you might like..." podcast recommendations?

I listened to quite a few episodes of You Look Nice Today, and they seem like great guys and everything but they're just nowhere near as funny as Seth.

You might like "Who Charted?" on Earwolf. Howard Kremer has sort of a Seth kind of vibe, and he has a great repertoire with his co-host Kulap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Cast No Engine posted:

This is one of the craziest comparisons I've ever heard

Well, they're both vegetarians and they have a tendency to make up words. That's about it, I guess.

Also I meant to say "repartee" instead of "repertoire."

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Bobby Malone posted:

I don't really eat foods unless it comes in a pouch and somewhere on it, it says "holla".

I never paid any mind to the part of the front page that says "Don't Sleep on These Links" but today I realized they're all relevant to the current episode. That's where I found that pic. (I love how she's not looking anywhere near the soup.)

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

*PUNCH* posted:

I really, really, really miss these. Can't quite put my finger on why - I don't care much about celebrities and I didn't know most of the names Seth dropped. I think part of it was the saturation, maybe; I kept imagining this one Starbucks on Larchmont just packed with B-listers making out. Hey, that's a crazy coffee shop you've got going. Are you okay? Do you need... help?

I love these, too, because they establish Seth as a crazy gossip type. Maybe my favorite one was, "I saw Marilu Henner at LAX again. She remembered me." (The joke being that Marilu Henner has hyperthymesia)

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

here comes cask posted:

Check out the UYD wikipedia entry for a cool Wednesday adventure, and be sure to click those external links. Will you get there before someone ruins the fun? Only time will tell. Ganbare.

In case it gets edited, the link to Jogger's Myspace page goes to Smash Mouth, and the link to Seth's IMDb page goes to Wesley Snipes.

I think the wiki vandalisms are usually pretty terrible, though I did enjoy this recent change:

quote:

Jonathan Larroquette is the son of actor John Larroquette.[4] He is part of a musical duo called "Jogger" with his adorable friend Amir Yaghmai.[5]
Seth Romatelli is an actor from Haverhill, MA.[6] Seth was featured in the movie Crossroads with then-girlfriend Britney Spears.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

To tide us over until next week, I propose we all post our favorite UYD clips from YouTube.

Jonathan's paper on Mexico from ep. 70 will always be one of the best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgU0_lQwZyc

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Just finished listening to it. They don't address the extended absence, but at least it's a pretty solid episode overall. I loved the bit about depressed dads.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

CortezFantastic posted:

Let's all just have some baseless speculation for the next page or so

Jonathan leaves permanently to focus more on Jogger, Seth moves back to Haverhill to start a new podcast, "The Seth and Marcia Hour."

oh god please don't let any of those things happen :ohdear:

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Jeff Wiiver posted:

Agreed, I love the album but it took them so long to make it, I don't know when (if ever) to expect another. What does Jonathan do for money these days? I know he used to work in a pet store.

I get the impression that Jonathan is literally a 30-something Jeff Lebowski

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Rusty Kettle posted:

They should have a radio channel in the next Grand Theft Auto. The next one is set in fake LA, and I cannot think of anyone better to comment on the craziness of fake LA than two American Americans.

How can we make this happen?

Oh my god. This is genius.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Pompous Rhombus posted:

I tracked down that three hour Craigshouse compilation MP3 and am listening to it now... holy poo poo Seth is so on point in these early segments (not that he gets any less funny in later ones, I just wasn't expecting him to hit the ground running like he did).

Link that poo poo, yo

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Insanity Prawn posted:

I'm fairly certain this is the right link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/jfntg1

Thank you so much for this. I listened to the first bit of it, and I forgot about so many great things. Like a fan uploading a fake Craigslist personal of Jonathan and then Jonathan getting stalked at Whole Foods. God, so great.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

Does anyone have a version of this that works with macs?

I'm on Mac and it worked fine. What problem are you having?

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

inferis posted:

Did you guys notice the passing mention to Jonathan's iPhone? He obviously just didn't want his number out there anymore.

Also, didn't he used to have a BlackBerry?

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I loved the part about the "olfactometer" or whatever it was.

"This place smells like poo poo. Well how do you know?"

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

CortezFantastic posted:

Been going through the back catalog, and if you so choose, I highly suggest 179. It's a real loving gem. The rants in this one are overlooked.

Indeed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk80efQvl-I

Though unfortunately this clip pissed off my brother, who is a DJ. Oh well.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Riptor posted:

My girlfriend's coming with me to the Boston show :smug:

She's a keeper. You better get down on one knee at that show and get Jonathan to sing "Every kiss begins with Kaaaayyy...." to you guys.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Have you ever imagined what it would be like if Johnathan and Seth were 60 year old dudes doing a lasercast to your brain pod?

Yes. I imagine Seth still having the 'Dance and a subscription to Playboy as well.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Jeff Wiiver posted:

Does Seth know this movie exists? Sounds like the kind of cinematic panic attack he would be into.

NOOOOPE NOPE NOPE

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

I've got 103 episodes of UYD as listened to going by itunes, and I'm blanking out on the meaning of "cloaking"

Pretty self-explanatory. It basically means hiding your true intentions.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

DepoProvera posted:

Listening to old episodes; is that while stuff about them meeting Gertrude Banes true? Initially thought it was one of their jokes but they seem serious. I remember wondering this when the episode was released.

I assume it is, but I don't think we ever got that picture they supposedly got with her, so who knows?

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

PorcupineTree posted:

I'll be there! Driving up from NY.

Question for anyone who's been to a live show before: do they do any extra poo poo other than the ~1 hour podcast on stage? Seems kind of short for a live show... maybe they'll do a meet and greet after?

At the Los Angeles show in February of this year, they showed the 5-minute UYD cartoon beforehand, and they were hanging around before and after the show.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Al! posted:

I always assume that when Seth says that he had 2 think thin bars and a DMD for dinner he is being serious. I remember him telling a story about going to Taco Bell and getting rice and peas and a carmel apple pie or some poo poo because they were the only Vegan options on the menu and feeling like maybe he is missing the point. Also those apple pies are totally fried in lard.

I remember that gag. It's from ep. 135: Two sides of beans, no sauce or cheese, and a caramel apple empanada from Taco Bell, complemented with a Think Thin bar, strawberry Muscle Milk and a Diet Sunkist from 7-Eleven. Gross, but something I could totally imagine Seth trying once.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

As far as the "best stuff" goes you should look up Uhh Yeah Dude's youtube channel where they put up some filmed clips from the ep. 125-130 range. Most of those are golden. Also you can just search "Uhh Yeah Dude" or "UYD" on youtube and find clips uploaded by fans to get an idea of what people consider the best.

But really though, start from episode 1. The show's quality has literally been consistent for its entire run. It's incredible.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Jeff Wiiver posted:

Anyone know if we're even getting a new episode this week? I always feel bad complaining about a free podcast being late, but I literally can't remember the last time one was up on a Monday.

They definitely recorded an episode next week. Maybe J-dog forgot to upload it before they left for Boston :doh:

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

soru posted:

How the gently caress does Seth let Jonathan get away with wearing jorts and a tank top on stage? Was it mentioned at all in the show?

Not exactly the first time it's happened, plus Seth lets Jonathan smoke during the in-studio eps all the time, despite the fact it makes Jonathan's voice sound like poo poo. Just one of those things
v:shobon:v

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

The whole stretch of eps from 125-130 is maybe the best the show's ever been. I suspect it's because those were the filmed episodes so the guys really brought their A-game, but they're just so, so good.

128 also has my favorite Whole Foods/celebrity encounter story, with Seth finding not just Brad Pitt but the cast of The Hills, followed by Seth and Jah comparing which celebrities they've seen at Whole Foods.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Haven't listened to it yet, but for the people who were there: Were there any visual gags that wouldn't translate well to the podcast? (other than Seth and Jah's awesome facial expressions, of course)

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

Does anyone remember which episode they go through the list of baby names and Seth goes crazy about a few of them? I remember something along the lines of "Hey. This is Walt, my baby. This is my baby, not my grandfather, named Walt." being part of it, although I'm not sure if Walt was the name.

I know they've done baby names multiple times. Episode 270 sounds like it could possibly be the one your looking for. (Walter is one of the names)

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

C-Euro posted:

Woah, they namedrop bath salts a year before all this face-eating nonsense of today.

Is there a feed or something that will download a random episode for you to listen to? Listening to them all from #1 sounds so daunting but I want to just pick one out every now and then to listen to, and it's not like there's any sort of continuity to worry about. I guess I could just come up with some random number generator :v:

Let me suggest all the episodes from the year 2008. They're basically the best, and this includes the stretch of episodes that first went up on YouTube, the same clips that got so many (including myself) listening to UYD in the first place.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Chemtrail Clem posted:

This podcast's worship of women and Mondays is ruining this country

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Wikipedia posted:

Seth Romatelli is an actor from Haverhill, MA.[6] Seth was featured in the movie Crossroads with Britney Spears. Their son, Rainbow Rocketpants Spears Romatelli, died shortly after his birth due to aggravated steez.

RIP Rainbow :(

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

a starwar betamax posted:

What is the story behind the Seth's Clips? When did he start doing them? Does he personally edit them together?

I've watched them all and thoroughly enjoyed them.

Seth started doing them in, I think, 2010, basically as an extension of his obsession with TV. He doesn't personally edit them, that would be the guys at 55-Inch, the same guys who made the UYD animation.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Fun fact: Until I started listening to UYD, this was the only thing I knew Papa Jah from:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yddr5thpDTE

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

CortezFantastic posted:

Listening to old episodes, laughing my rear end off at Seth describing a recurring nightmare he has where he is lying in bed, sneezes, and a voice in the room says "Bless you."

So awesome.

Yo dog, you dead, dog.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Any other HollywUYDers going to the LA Podcast Festival? Just bought my ticket :)

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Comedy Podcast Megathread's thataway, bub.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

It's from McBride, the same clip is on the UYD site's media section.

There are some amazing clips here. My personal favorite is, "Just Another Saturday Night," an anti-drunk driving PSA.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

More postcards from Korean students in the latest ep. So dope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I actually just recently finished listening to the last episode of the backlog from when I first started listening to the show. (Basically listening from ep. 1 to 247). Now I'm gonna listen from 247 up to the current ep, and when that happens, I guess I'll swing by Whole Foods to pick up a Muscle Milk and a Think Thin bar, go home and die of a total panny attack.