Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I remember that story, it might've been back towards the Hey Florida era?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Dimebags Brain posted:

Jonathan is very cool but he is also very dumb about many things.

he's also disarmingly good at playing dumb, but only SOME of the time

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Fantasizing about Jah not being exactly as he is, is some foolishness. UYD exists as it is solely due to the interaction between the hosts - if either were any different, the show would be unrecognizable.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Claes Oldenburger posted:

I laughed really hard the other day at Jah's insta when he was saying the twitch stream was going to be the 7th, then it was delayed to the 8th, then it was delayed to the 9th, and maybe delayed once more? It didn't seem like there was a reason other than he decided to do other things and it just so perfectly is a Jah moment.

Paraphrasing from 837: "if any thing I've learnt from doing this show, because it's not in my nature, is that people do appreciate the frequency and reliability of that stuff ... more so than I probably do, myself ..."

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

A lot of podcasts take a little clip from each episode and release that on youtube. They're way more share-able than a one hour podcast. UYD could always be doing things in a more efficient way, but that's just not really how this podcast operates.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Jippa posted:

It was weird. With say entourage. That is exactly the type of show I would expect seth ripping to pieces if it was brought up normally.

Ads just don't feel right for some reason. Anyway it doesn't really matter now. They are making loads of money from patreon right?

12k a month, pretty high but not not in the top tier of podcasts - #94 according to graphtreon. Probably totally livable if you're smart - some of the other high earning shows have larger casts or crew. We Hate Movies is 4 people, Chapo Trap House is 5 + Producer.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Claes Oldenburger posted:

For some reason I have it in my head that Jah doesn't take as large of a cut as Seth because in his own words "I've been lucky to never have to really worry about money", but there's also Jeff (I think that's his name?) that films, and I'm not sure how many others?

I guess Laroquette Sr. money is very good. It kinda sounded like Jah was thanking the patrons explicitly for Seth’s lifestyle in the recent ep. Seth does do a lot more research and likely needs the money more.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I have one. It took quite some time to arrive but it’s a neat thing to have.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Jah breaking a 100k mail sorting machine and never knowing is extremely on brand.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

isn't that like a 2h drive? that's not so bad once or twice a week

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

duomo posted:

I subbed at that tier and of course Jonathan never sent the flash drive

legend has it he just put USB thumbdrives into regular envelopes and destroyed at least one mail sorting machine

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

if they get 12 mil from Spotify Seth should get the a bulldog with the MR STEAL YOUR GIRL Jordans.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

GraPar posted:

Jonathan going to jail for a year would have produced some of the greatest podcasting in history

jonathan describing the rich guy prison's faux pas he keeps making, recorded off a scratchy prison phone

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

a beautiful mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Cached Money posted:

well it could've worked out if they used the same model as everyone else does with one free and one premium ep every week

being normal was never an option