Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

Horse/Weed/Mind's Eye owns and gently caress you if you don't like it

I love how pissed of Jonathan sounds whenever Seth springs it on him.

e: I have just recently got into Uhh Yeah Dude and as I am currently unemployed I am basically devoting my life to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

I still can't believe that Will Wheaton is 39.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Jeff Wiiver posted:

As far as Seth goes, I really hope its true that he works at a dispensary. For someone who is stone cold sober that is a pretty weird job.

That's basically the only reason I choose to believe that it's true.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

SullivanPRIME posted:

Better yet I suggest you give all these videos a watch first. They're how I got into it and how I got all my friends in to it as well.

this video was the first one I saw and it is still the funniest I think.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

nemoulette posted:

"Wildcats delusion. You think you're Wesley Snipes or Woody Harrelson from Wildcats, but you're not. You're Forrest Whitaker, also in Wildcats".

Oh god I'd forgotten this. Honestly one of the funniest lines ever, Seth is seriously one of the most hilarious people alive.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

What episode is this story? It sounds amazing.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

CortezFantastic posted:

I'm having a problem with my Boogiemomma

I can't believe they didn't link their support for a female hispanice president to the earlier chat about boogiemomma.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

With his tween daughter pushing him out of the way and shouting "get out of my way old man!"

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Asnorban posted:

Is that the one where Jah gets pulled over with craploads of weed / cash / paraphernalia a few days after he thought Jah (the real Jah) was protecting him because he was going to be the first white Rastafarian prophet?

Jah's Rasta/drug stories are the most painful but amazing things.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

I think my second favourite story of Jah's youth is him stealing the holy weed. Especially as he ends it by admitting that he shoplifts from pharmacies.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

big business sloth posted:

Well they were crazy jacked on gas, so

I still haven't listened to it because I don't want to hear them fighting, but they both were being slowly killed by a carbon monoxide leak right?

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Professor Latency posted:

That's Jah being a lazy.

They used to put episodes out the day after. That's pretty crazy.

To be fair it does sound like his life is kind of falling apart. Again.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

JethroMcB posted:

Episode 234.

"I'm going to go die, 12 years earlier than the people having fun, by having no fun and being a square. Hey, loser. In the corner. Dying. Slowly."
"Quickly."
"Quickly, prematurely."

"What about your dreams? You still have your dreams?"
"My dreams? My dreams, now...they're not nightmares in a traditional sense..."

I just listened to this episode and it is so loving good.

"I can't finger the kids right now, I'm tweeting!"

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Yannick_B posted:

A listener working as an english teacher in korea had his class send postcards to UYD. The results are as amazing as you imagine.

This and Jah reading the Taco Bell reviews are definitely my favourites for this week.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

danifestmestny posted:

What's up with the UYD guys never being on or even mentioned by anyone else's podcast ever? I guess there was an episode of Jordan Jessie Go but it never sounded appealing. It's not just an Earwolf thing, since they'll give shoutouts when due to non-Earwolf people. It's just super weird to me that UYD is on its own little island.

In Jah's own words "we do not draw from the same well".

e: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWsnaLIln1c

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Dan Didio posted:

Mickey Rooney has massive balls.

Oh god I listened to that one on the train the other day and I was laughing so hard, good way to make sure no one sits next to you.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Professor Latency posted:

I think if anyone doesn't fully understand what Seth is about, listen to his insane rant on his cherry vaseline on the latest ep. So good.

To be fair, vaseline works way better than chapstick.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

JethroMcB posted:

Probably due to fretting over the amount of pre-pro he's gotta do to look on point for the cameras.

I mean hair like that doesn't just happen, you gotta have a regimen.

I love that one episode they didn't film during the period they filmed it and they are just talking about how terrible they look now that the cameras aren't rolling

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

I have noticed recently I am saying a lot of UYD stuff, fresh, dope, fuckman, check it. Like I say Check It all the loving time.

e: also keep in mind that I am a pretty posh sounding british guy to make this more hilarious.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

big business sloth posted:

I called the hotline on Christmas eve. Seth called back later, but since I was at my mom's house and I left for a while on Christmas day he talked to her instead.

That is loving awesome.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

This is amazing. It started with a talking heads track as well just to make it even more amazing.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

SammyWhereAreYou posted:

That's a young-looking girlfriend Seth's got there.

What? What are you talking about?

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

SammyWhereAreYou posted:

The Flickr link at the end of this post: http://uyd4l.tumblr.com/post/14411366028/jah-reads-about-the-germiest-of-all-the-tourist (which I apparently can't directly link to on this phone for some reason) has some photos of him posed with this girl as if they're a couple. They could just be good friends for all we know. It was simple conjecture on my part based on the photos and photo titles like "couples and bff's."

I don't really care either way, though. I was just sayin'.

Oh right I missed that. Also Seth is totally looking like someone's dad in that photo.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

The pics of him in that album sitting on a park bench while trying desperately not to touch it are pretty fantastic.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Sensual Ozma Lover posted:

Its sad in episode 82 when they read a fan mail making fun of Seth for doing the Horse/Weed/Mind's eye game and then they stop doing it after that. I cant be the only one who actually thinks its funny

the other day I was listening to a radio show and they did a horse/beer/made-up bit and I almost felt like righting in to complain of that blatant steez ripping.

I will however object to Seth's constant live show plugging. We get it Seth you have some live shows coming up, chill out.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

CortezFantastic posted:

You chill out bro, these are completely free and have been released weekly for 6 years. Let him sell some loving tickets.

I'm just bitter because I'm British and know that will never see them live.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Seth and Jah are proof that its fine for straight guys to like things which are incredibly gay. It's an inspiration really.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

If you ever want to hear downright talkin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJsUnxM6xvo

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

DrVenkman posted:

They must've had something with HBO since they also advertised Summer Heights High for about 4 episodes.

The filmed episodes were done by HBO, I think after the success of the Ricky Gervais Show cartoon HBO were looking for podcasts to turn into television shows so were working with UYD for a bit as kind of a test run. To be honest as Gervais is a fan of the show I wouldn't be suprised if he turned them on to UYD.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

vineyille posted:

Just saw this posted on the UYD forums - a very famous podcaster videotaped whilst window shopping (2:40).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfSKLKiZqUw&t=2m40s

That thread is awesome because it turns out that the dude walking in the background with his family is also a UYD listener and a member of their forum.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Production posted:

Counterpoint: watching your daughter bathe her salmon in creamy ranch, and getting ideas. For your bleach-type flavor company.

I was waiting at the tram stop when I was listening to that bit and I think I definitely looked like a mental person.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

The thing about ruffles this weeks was amazing.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Bobby Malone posted:

Wait, how does that work? Doesn't Apple everything on itunes and the app store themselves? That would be a huge security hole if they didn't.

Nope, I think iTunes just sort of aggregates and distributes. I upload my lovely podcast on an unconnected website and people just download it via iTunes. If the site I uploaded it goes down then I guess iTunes can't fetch it and it essentially just disappears until the site comes back up again.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

WoG posted:

Cake. Cake cake cake cake. Cake.

I'm not kidding I keep having to listen to the episode just for Seth going Cake cake cake cake Cake.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Isn't the Cocaine episode the first Craigslist episode as well? Or am I just imagining that? I know it's a bloody awesome episode though.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

I really liked this weeks show actually when Jonathan suddenly realised that people thought he might actually be a misogynist and not just talking poo poo because it was funny.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

HipGnosis posted:

poo poo I would have called Jah on his birthday if the podcast had come out before today.

Speaking of which, does he edit the podcast at all? The quality and conversation just flows and it's the same in the live show, but I wonder if he does anything besides putting the music in.

He does edit sometimes, he's very good at it but occasionally you notice the breaks. The best editing is the one where the recording stopped working half an hour in and it took them like an hour to fix. I honestly wouldn't have noticed apart from Seth bringing it up and kind of pissing off Jonathan.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Seth is so mysterious I do sometimes wonder if he actually does have a daughter.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Vincent posted:

I never knew Seth and Papa Jah worked together, but they did. It was magical.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5VnzASByFE

It's blocked in the UK, what it is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

nub posted:

Jah can't leave Hollywuyd or the show; what on earth would Seth do without the show? I hate the thought of him quietly going insane, collecting stories on notecards and archiving them until his apartment is filled, occasionally trying to sing "Every kiss begins with K" to himself, crying.

Lie Bot, what is the saddest thing?