Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I always go for "I want to gently caress my dad" because I figure you should just jump in at the deep end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

david carmichael posted:

Jonathan is a big baby who throws hissy fits when he doesn't get his way. My favourite poem was the one about how his dad was mean to him and how he was never going to talk to him ever again, and that one day big John would be dead.

To be fair he was a teenager. Teenagers do stupid poo poo.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

RobTG posted:

Jeezo this is so amazing.

I highly recommend starting from part 1 and watching the whole movie, it's like an incredible time capsule from 20 years ago.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

TheFallenEvincar posted:

I love Seth's Mix Master Mickey.

ROCK THE STREET, KICK IT, BANGIN' SLAMMIN'

I'm mix-master Mickey and I'm here to say/ I like kids in a special way

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Pompous Rhombus posted:

Boner rage/rage boner (which kind of comes from The League's "fear boner") has become standard parlance among my group of non-UYD listening friends. We named our Ultimate Frisbee team the Rage Boners and the tone of the guys' voice when he announced us over the PA was priceless.

I use boner rage all the time, I hadn't even realised I'd just stolen it off UYD because it's just such an excellent phrase.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Marvin_Gardens posted:

Why can't Jonathan talk? e.g. listen to him try to say "obstetrician" and rather than him just skipping it, he tries to sound it out for 30 seconds.

Because he spent his entire youth getting expelled from schools?

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

The 'dance is a car of sincerity.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Gonna put on an ep of Downright Talkin with Schneer and Latterne.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

It is really hard to work out how Seth can stand to have that terrible car.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

i poo poo trains posted:

Really glad I decided to go back and listen from the beginning. I heard one of the funniest Jonathan stories on episode 12 of all places, so I decided to make a video out of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzBhzq1mEvU

Oh god Jonathan is so gently caress up it is unbelievable sometimes.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

caligulamprey posted:

I would not be surprised if he uses double-sided tape around his bed to keep insects from reaching him though.

I live with a dude who does this so I never even questioned it for a moment.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

JethroMcB posted:

We like to build things up, not tear things down.

I keep using this in my day to day life and then sometimes I say it on my podcast and feel like a poo poo for stealing Seth's thing.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Pompous Rhombus posted:

I use a grip of UYD lingo all the time. I work in a small, rural prefecture in Japan, and some of the other foreign teachers have begun to absorb stuff from me. "Boner rage" and to a lesser extent "boned down" have definitely entered our shared vocabulary, and I've caught at least one of my friends using "I'm not mad at ______". There's one other guy from New Zealand here I got into it, but other than that, the only exposure they've had is the two of us, or me putting an ep on in the car on a roadtrip.

Really need to drop that 3 hour Craigshouse compilation on my mp3 player to up the ante.

I used boning before I listened to UYD because I'd got it from Achewood. I guess it's a California thing?

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Binowru posted:

It has to be that truck he's always going on about (can't think of it offhand :ohdear:)

You mean the Chevy Silverado?

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

nub posted:

Negative, he had a Cheyenne.

Oh his old truck that stolen by the crooked armenian parking lot, not the truck he aspires to own.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

I really feel that someone should get Seth and Adam Curtis to do a video project together.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

dvorak posted:

This story in 283 about the ATM and the crazy disinfectant motorcyclist, is totally crazy.

Full loving motorcycling regalia.

I love it because it becomes quickly apparent that this is just a dude whose job it is to clean ATMs and Jonathan is actually the crazy one.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

nub posted:

Yeah as long as you steel yourself for it, it's okay, because you know they made it through.

Doritos collisions episode, on the other hand...

That episode is probably one of the grossest things I have ever listened to.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

110-120 is also pretty good, I think that stretch has the "looking for a roor-mate, preferably gay female or lesbiamus"

Johnathan what the gently caress is a lesbiamus?

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Oh god I was just listening to 126 on the bus when they hit the craigshouse section. Pretty sure that I wasn't clean shaven and in a suit they would have thrown me off for being a crazy man I was laughing so much.

That ep is seriously intense though; it goes polygraph parties, cross nursing, no games or drama, i want to gently caress my dad, x games? With no breaks.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

C-Euro posted:

:stare: Jah rescuing that dog and getting a thumbs up from Lou Ferrigno (ep. 151) :lol: That man has the most hosed-up stories ever.

Hell yes, the best story

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

That list of footballer's names was truly incredible.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

What's your experience with MILFs?

407 was so on point.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Episode 264 tells Seth he sang Sweet Child of Mine at Drew Barrymore and Tom Green's wedding. He went on stage after Jared Leto and Courtney Love. Seth almost explodes.

This podcast is so good.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

This week's Ask Amy/Jonathan was truly astounding.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Is there a clip on youtube of the bit where Jonathan tells Seth that he came onto his own face?

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

GhostDog posted:

Pheuk Kue want to gently caress you.

Did you just say "you're so crean you're so rittle"?

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

What is the episode where they talk about those egg shaped sex toys with nibs and blaps etc?

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

I'm Batman. I'll get you, and I'll find you, and I'll get you.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

I can't get over how amazing this is.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

shadow puppet of a posted:

UYD: Lesbiamus or a gay female

What episode was that from?

And it was a poster jah saw wasn't it? Rather than a craigshouse

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

In that "Postcards from Korea" bit they talk about some sort of commercial with Seth that clearly impressed our oriental brothers to the core (at least in part because of his eating performance, apparently). Has anybody seen it, and is there a link?

http://uhhyeahdude.com/media/seths_corner/

Either the raisin bran crunch or subway commercial (both featuring seth eating stuff in non-speaking parts)

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Good points: That ask Amy was amazing.

Bad points: I came out of birdman desperate to hear Seth's opinion on birdman, Jonathan should have totally pushed him on that.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Anachronist posted:

You could call him and ask.

I live in the UK so I don't want to deal with international rates.

Also Jonathan's sidebar that most insects are probably alien drones was pretty classic.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

WoG posted:

http://uhhyeahdude.com/index.php/wiki/Episode_324/
21:53 [e: actually 26:45] – A woman writes into The Playboy Adviser: .... “Last year a beautiful young lady moved in across the street from me and my wife. It did not take long to get this woman into our bed and for the past 10 months we have invited her over nearly every weekend. A few months ago our son happened to take a job in the same building where our friend works and they started dating. As their relationship got more serious we stopped playing. Our son doesn’t know his mom is bi, nor that we are swingers and that we have been screwing his girlfriend and possible future wife. How do we handle this?”

It's amazing that my reaction is "well it could have been worse."

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

They're right though, Breaking Bad isn't good.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

goldblums eyes posted:

Jah went on a "How you know if you're a podcasting human being" rant in one episode. I looked it up on the Wiki and it says it happened in the 70's. Am I crazy, or did this happen in a ~monumental~ episode like 150/200/250? I swore it was during a big episode and that the Wiki is wrong.

Is this it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWsnaLIln1c

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Damo posted:

Whoever it was in this thread that once upon a time pointed out how Jonathan always, always says "now..." before he brings up/changes to a new topic of discussion, I hate you. I hate you so loving much.

I just cannot stop noticing it after it this thread pointed it out. He does it so very much. It's not the necessarily the worst verbal crutch someone could have, it's just that he reliably and predictably says it at the beginning of his sentences every single time he brings up a new topic from Seth's cards, and I can't help but notice it without fail -- and since he does it so reliably often it has become a constant source of distraction. Thanks for that, dawg.

Once you hear it, you cannot un-hear it. So now I'm paying it forward, may the rest of you join me in my endless cycle of silly "now" induced distraction.

It could be a cue to get Seth to shut up. I used to do a radio show and I'd have to say "anyway" really clearly when my co-host needed to end whatever rant he was on at the time.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Yeah I can easily start up a conversation with a stranger when we're face to face but I don't even like talking to my own mother over the phone. Phones are weird and unnatural.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

GraPar posted:

Seth getting shot on Melrose for trying to get to get a good look at Beyoncé would pretty much be the perfect end for UYD.

That was honestly all I could think of