Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Riptor posted:

What the gently caress point was Jonathan making regarding confederate shirts

I think he was saying if you wear it for shock value its fine but if you wear it because you are a ctually a racist its not? I think??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

I've been playing LA Noire recently and I've realised I can get to pretty much every location just from the LA road knowledge I've absorbed from UYD.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

shadow puppet of a posted:

Finally a game that revolves around digital Ken Cosgrove scopin' out the best spots for a cold pressed juice.

Ken Cosgrove sits in the vegan cafe. Press A to silently write his order onto a piece of paper.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

goferchan posted:

By the way I almost don't wanna say it because what if Seth reads it and it completely crushes his spirit but.... he looks a lot older than I expected IRL

Being a former alcoholic will do that to a guy.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

CortezFantastic posted:

Why do you mean?

They're a niche show who keep selling out increasingly big theatres. Most podcasts have a management because of a network affiliation who can organise stuff like that, so UYD doing the same sort of thing without any affiliation or sponsorship is pretty impressive.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Beeez posted:

I wonder if Seth's heard about this. I guess the m4m casual encounters aren't the only exciting ones after all.

You don't have to pay medical bills in the UK and we don't have different degrees of murder. I'm not sure this story about internet dick murder is legit!

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Beeez posted:

I'll be honest, it may not be, I just saw the article was about Craigslist, murder, and huge dicks and I immediately just started thinking about what Seth and Jonathan would think about it, I'll research it more.

Please tell us the results of your research into big dicks on Craigslist

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Combaticus posted:

Just saw Seth in a Maron trailer!

the only maron episode i ever listened to was the uyd one, is his tv show any good?

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Computer repair guy, the natural role for Seth

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Latest ep was a classic, all the stuff about young Seth terrorising a vietnam vet was amazing.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Yeah the date on the file is when they recorded but then it takes johnathan at least a week to edit and upload it.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

It's important that you wear a seatbelt, that is literally all there is to it.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

I always assumed that they did get married and she is now Seth's bitch ex-wife who lives in Arizona.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Rusty Rickshaw posted:

"I forgot to tell you: I'm on the fish now"
"What the gently caress are you talking about?"

What episode was that? Honestly one of the best bits ever.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

He got so hosed up he let an obvious pedo kidnap a little black kid. There's no way he could look dr hanson in the eye after that, so now he's stone cold sober.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

CaptainRat posted:

He did, I remember this strongly because once Jonathan realizes it on the podcast he says, "you loving rear end in a top hat." I can't remember which ep that is but since they're talking about 4/20 coming up it shouldn't be hard to pin down.

I think he's told Jonathan this about three times, and every time jah has forgotten and is incredulous.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Who cares about us, have you sent it to seth?

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Steak posted:

Does Seth have an inbox we can skype things to now or do I have to print it out and look him up in the book?

No true UYD fan would spend a second asking whether they should post a letter to seth.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Dark Weasel posted:

One day Johnathan Larroquette is going to inherit millions and millions and millions of dollars. He will be richer than every single one of us, combined

I kind of feel like it's all going to go to his non gently caress up younger brother

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Scut posted:

Holy poo poo Seth rattling off all the ways America is #1 in parties

Seth talking about america's partying and the playboy mansion. We're starting 2016 off right.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

I've started listening again after dipping out for a couple of years, but is Seth still driving the dance? Because I kind of got that impression but it seems insane.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

I was listening to these old clips and I'd forgotten that Jonathan has got divorced during the run of the show.

a pipe smoking dog fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Nov 12, 2019

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

pooch516 posted:

Oh dang, from the Patreon emails:
Episode 778 03/04/2020
The Death of The Dance 🚙

2020 is truly the worst year.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Pooky posted:

I got something in the mail today.

That's is truly amazing.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Crescendo posted:

I have to shake my head when I hear there were actually people out there who got upset because they never received their UYD shirt, or that it was super late. Did those people even LISTEN to the show?

The second they found out Jonathan had anything to do with it they must have realised the chances of them actually getting the merch were 50-50 AT BEST. Consider it a donation; a "possibility" or a "feeling" that one day you MIGHT own a sweet shirt. Isn't that enough? :lol:

I mean I do get it - people and their hard-earned money is a sensitive issue, and I agree that charging people for goods and services and not delivering IS hosed up, even if you're not actively malevolent about it. But come on...are you a fan or not? Saying that you got ripped off by Jah's innate ability to screw everything up and having a laugh about it is way better than owning a dumb shirt.

This post has reminded me that I once ordered a UYD shirt about 10 years ago.

I wonder if anyone ever got it.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

mweber posted:

Wait, you got sober on 4/20?
Yeah.
You loving rear end in a top hat.

Such a great moment, I just love how it took Jonathan several years to put two and two together and come to that realisation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

God this video is so amazing because you assume Seth it's just kind of recalling what happened but actually it's Seth so of course he is recalling it so perfectly that his words sync exactly with the footage.