Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
New listener, and Loving the gently caress out of the most recent podcasts. How does the back log quality hold up? Is it worth starting at #1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Eltoasto posted:

I worried about that but recently started listening to the mid 70's just to hear them first discover craigslist, and they are better if anything.

Sounds perfect, thanks. Any specific episode in the 70's with Craigslist stuff? I can only imagine how great it is (until I'm out of class and can grab that poo poo).

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Got a thick smile for a thick cock.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

floor is lava posted:

I'm sensing this to. Though it might be because I listened to the fight episode recently where Jah said "It's poo poo like this that makes me want to shut this (the laptop recording the podcast) poo poo off." and it's still in my mind.

Fight episode?

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Riptor posted:

:siren: UYD show in Boston Saturday July 7!!! :siren:

So loving bummed I will most likely be working then.

Sweet episode this week, Jonathan seemed super on point.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
What's up with the podcasts not downloading on iTunes and the website being down?

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Calling it now: Gay Marriage>Hugh Hef dead>Legal Weed>Instant Replay in Baseball.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

SammyWhereAreYou posted:

A bunch of drama about the tumblr fansite, UYD4L, is going down on the Facebook page (I'd post a link but my phone's not letting me; it's easy enough to find though) and one of the people who created that site wrote an essay about why she's no longer a fan of the show (here). I don't know how much truth there is to this since it's only one side of the story, and it certainly wouldn't keep me from listening to the show even if it was true, but I do agree that the official UYD forums can be kinda mean-spirited and cult-like (and annoying - everyone tries to talk like Seth and Jonathan). That's not Seth or Jonathan's fault, of course, but I'm glad that we have this thread to talk about the show rather than having to deal with those lovely forums.

I don't blame Seth/Jonathon for being annoyed by anyone who would write a tumblr post like that. I browsed the wall of text, and all I could get out
of it was some moaning about Seth making her cry because she was blowing up his personal phone?

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

TACD posted:

Oh my god I just realised the new podcasts app lets me download any episode right back to number 1 straight to my iThing, I thought I'd have to futz about on the website to get them.

See you guys in about a year

Wasn't going to get this but now I am - is there a way to track episodes I've listened to without having them on my phone?

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
What ep # is the seattle show?

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Al! posted:

As someone who listens to Jordan Jesse Go I want to say that everyone hating on Jesse is correct, he is a pompous, racist rear end in a top hat who has a funny friend and gets really good guests.

Sorta like this one dude who does this other podcast....

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

mcvey posted:

Can't tell if you're serious or not...

Jah is the man but let's not get all high and mighty about some other podcasts uninformed casually racist dude like we don't have our own.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
That big dick live forever science.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Man pussys to the front of the line.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
They had some more out of synch episodes in the early three hundreds but they have been on point as poo poo these last few episodes.

Bunker-fuckers.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Was Jah trying to talk about DotA2 in 358 with "settlers of catan/fast RPGs"?

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

a starwar betamax posted:

Sometimes I wonder how much of Jonathan's failures are exaggerated for laughs on the show.

Probably less than Seth's OCD

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

I realized a while ago that I don't think I even care what Seth is "really" like.

Yeah UYD fandom is kinda weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

C-Euro posted:

Humor is incredibly subjective, and the boys have never really promoted themselves beyond word of mouth, for better or worse (and intentionally or not, JONATHAN). I've tried and failed for years to get other people to listen to this show, including one person who I've known for 5+ years calling it "your one recommendation that I just can't get behind". Feels bad man because I agree, it's a riot.

I'll give the boys this: the show has aged a lot better than most humor I've encountered in the last 15-20 years.

The Craigslist bits are still some of the funniest poo poo to ever come out of podcasting and feel like they were incredibly ahead of their time for that sort of stuff