Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Chemical Shift posted:

That's Episode 17! "Which one am I here for?!"

I loved Jah's early shownotes, they were always so offensive and hilarious.

This is Episode 17's notes

Ya know what, after typing all that out. You all should just read it yourselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

DrVenkman posted:

So, how truthful do you think Seth is? He claims ignorance to a lot of things which I assumed was him playing a character of sorts, but at the same time he's such a weird dude that some things wouldn't surprise me.

I think he knows a lot more about technology than he depicts. I mean with stuff like 'What Seth learned on the monster-web' he certainly isn't the most savvy person, but come on.

Also, I love his vision of the future of living in "Albu-q" New Mexico right next door to Jonathan with families and their respective children growing up together. Uhh Yeah Dude is a wholesome show.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

habanero walrus posted:

I don't think I can recall him ever saying this, but there are a lot of episodes so I guess it's possible.

In older episodes (around like ~100?) he used to always go "you can contact me, I'm in the book"

I think it's pretty awesome how open they are, I mean as long as crazy people stay away; they have for this long. :ohdear:

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Yeah, Jah is in Jogger with Amir. And if you've been following the show for a while, Amir is the guy whose writings were featured in the "Who Am I" section of the show. But those are old eps anyway.

This is the best Jogger song.

There's also a rumor that Seth teaches acting classes... Or I may have made that up myself.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

JethroMcB posted:

Acting enough to keep getting those sweet residuals. PAPER CHAAAAAAAAAASE!

I love it every time he gets a check in the mail, like $20 at the maximum. Paper chase indeed.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Sethro is the funniest loving dude on the planet.

Like, for realsies.

vvvvv I'm sure Jah gets something from him, unless he has a wicked dope day job there is no way he can afford to live on making a couple movie scores and playing the small amount of shows him and Amir do.

Plus he regularly talks about his super expensive clothes, like a $200 pair of jeans.

Professor Latency fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Oct 25, 2011

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Alfajor posted:

I'm pretty sure this is the one they mentioned, since it's on People of Walmart: http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/48946

Dude. Seth doesn't lie, that is loving fresh.

Also, this weeks episode was really good. Like really good.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Was that also the episode where he told the story of him rolling balls and was going to go to a Phish concert with some girl, and basically broke into her house and was confronted by her and another dude?

That's the funniest loving story.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Fun Times! posted:

Is it pedophile or peedophile?

Is it Oregon or Oregone?

Every single time.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

What the hell does yankin even mean? Oh Christ, that's exactly what I had in mind when they started talking about Lady.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

That's Jah being a lazy.

They used to put episodes out the day after. That's pretty crazy.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

"If they're Mexican we're fuckin' having a great party, if they're Russian they're just wearing tracksuits and screaming at you."

ROMA

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Hey Florida..

Oh man, at the end of ep 14. Jah and Seth sing the Mario theme in unison. Totally forgot.

Professor Latency fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Nov 22, 2011

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

No joke, the early stuff is really good. Seth was way more on point back then. He's still one of the funniest dudes alive, but he used to get a lot more incensed about a lot more things and just went off. And that's where Seth really shines.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

$25 Hallmark Channel royalties. PAPER CHASEE!

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

I think if anyone doesn't fully understand what Seth is about, listen to his insane rant on his cherry vaseline on the latest ep. So good.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Song For The Deaf posted:

My favorite Seth-ism is, whenever Jonathan is on a roll and making an rear end of himself, Seth will say "Keep talking."

Every time.

It's really hilarious when Seth goads Jonathan into making an rear end out of himself.

Episode 44. "Do you believe in aliens?" "Yes." "Tell me more about that."

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Soon UYD will be nothing but uncut Phish shows.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

The McDonalds pedophile story in ep 127 should have been uploaded to youtube. That is seriously one of the best stories in UYD history.

aaaaa My bad. It's totes up there. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UoR1dUm9dE :blush:

Professor Latency fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Dec 10, 2011

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Well, I think that's just a funny little anecdote about marijuana law. I think Jah takes the show seriously and doesn't smoke before or during the recording of the show.

Except for Seth's Sexy Sativa.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

UYD has changed all of our lives for the better.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Half of Dracula posted:

I wish they could film some special where it's just Jonathon and Seth listening to an episode around 25 and talking about how much has changed.

Like a video commentary for audio commentary. That'd be great!

I just bought my L.A. live show tickets.

So effin psyched!

Professor Latency fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Dec 21, 2011

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

This tumblr is certainly a find. Seth doesn't seem like such an insane person now that there are more than 4 pictures of him on the internet.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

It does stop being that, especially when you start to learn about Jah and Seth as people.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Now you just start the whole journey over.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

What's the ep number of the live show where Jah talks about his apprenticeship at a tattoo parlor and his gay encounters with an artist who works there?

This is important.

vvvv You are a saint

Professor Latency fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jan 30, 2012

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

I will not confirm nor deny these accusations.

But it is dope regardless and I really wish this show was filmed so you all could see the multimedia aspect of the whole show.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Ep 206 is the first episode she's on. Then 233. Then 303.

I think that's all of them, at least that's what the wiki turns up when I search Marcia.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

I don't think any of us are going to be able to handle how on point Seth is going to be during the Boston show.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Tripletssss. Quadrupletssss

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Get on that panax, dog.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

It's best to assume Seth lives exactly as he tells it on the show.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

-ipad

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

There's some weird prophetic poo poo in the show. I can't think of any examples off hand but I remember at least on 2 occasions going "wait, didn't UYD talk about this years ago?"

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Full panny when they mentioned the high school I graduated from is trying to get bass fishing as a sport.

I love living in southwest Missouri.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

You could just, like, donate on their website now if y'all feel like it.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Al! posted:

UYD - Jesus Christ what a hosed up culture we live in.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Jonathan should VJ Seth's Clips at the next show he plays.

I'm actually going to email them that.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

I had a can of cocaine when they were new. It tasted like cough syrup and peppers.

There was a drip, and it did burn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

No. That was at the peak of my energy drink drinking, and cocaine is probably the worst I've ever had.