Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

well why not posted:

How is this not on youtube?

http://uhhyeahdude.com/media/seths_corner/

Then click "Corsairs Pilot, Flashback" under TV & Movies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!

Binowru posted:

Also please watch Seth get his pants violently ripped off in the Levi's commercial.

How the gently caress do you turn on Ginger Lollipops?

dvorak fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Apr 26, 2013

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Binowru posted:

Oh man, the Hyperion Bay clip. I've been listening to Summer 2011 episodes this past week, and just yesterday heard him recount his experience of trying to catch that while working catering on the Paramount lot and the crushing disappointment. I had never actually seen that clip - oof. At least he's still getting those sweet residuals.

Millard Fillmore
Jan 31, 2009

Foreign policy...in drag?
Things just got much more interesting in this administration.
Discovered these guys in November 2012, quickly listened to the entire archive over the next 3 months (because I did nothing else my freshman year) I'm actually currently re-listening 368 on my iPhone and finally stumbled across this thread at the same time. I'm saving 369 for my drive to and from work tonight, by far the best podcast to listen to behind the wheel.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Half of Dracula posted:

I bust out laughing during the most recent episode's Horse Weed Mind's Eye when Seth responded to Jah's guess with, "And that's how I do it." That rare glimpse into his process, since we know where he gets all the strain names from now.

This was the best one since the Preakness supplement where Jah played a perfect game.

nub
Jul 20, 2009

Keep talking.

CortezFantastic posted:

This was the best one since the Preakness supplement where Jah played a perfect game.

Just to remind you all, a perfect game is defined by J-dog getting only one name correct in the entire game, and that name being a strain of medical marijuana.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Crazy, that was the first thing I listened to today as that's where I am on my reruns.

Anyway, the intro to Episode 145 is amazing. M83, Jah says it's 11:11 and asks Seth to make a wish. Seth whispers, "It came true."

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Oh man, the story Jonathan tells in episode 47, about the giant man urinating on him in a restroom. I laughed quite heartily.

I let my wife listen to it as well, and she does not often enjoy the boy's banter, she found Jonathan's urine story quite funny.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

If Seth and Jonathan ever actually start an LLC or something, they really should call it Twin Jets Productions.

Ashley Tisdale - You Can Only Skype So Long With Your Baby (Until You Lose Your loving Mind) as sung by Jonathan Larroquette

We need a Truth Machine, STAT. Then we need to figure out how to trick it and hack it.

dvorak fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Apr 28, 2013

Otaku Alpha Male
Nov 11, 2012

bitches get ~tsundere~ when I pull out my katana

crimedog posted:

Crazy, that was the first thing I listened to today as that's where I am on my reruns.

Anyway, the intro to Episode 145 is amazing. M83, Jah says it's 11:11 and asks Seth to make a wish. Seth whispers, "It came true."

I remember that moment. It was magical.

I like to think that his wish was to do a uyd episode.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

I called and left a message on the voicemail about something I saw on CBS News with Scott Pelley, since that seems like something that Seth would keep tabs on with the DVR.

There's this creepy, definitely chimo bible studies teacher at a christian middle school, who for the last 30 years has written a birthday letter to each of his 100+ students. Not only does he write a letter to them on their birthday, but he has written one to each of them FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES! He spends like 3 hours a night, hand writing 'birthday letters' and keeps tabs on all his students by popping in at all their social events without their knowledge.

A real fun dude, who you know is totally cloaking it. That dude had the most stereotypical creepy bachelor chimo boner-rage look on his face through the entire interview. "I love them, I love all my students."

I know a story like that would just drive Seth into a full pani, like it almost did to me. I know he is the last guy on earth who still writes real letters through the USPS to his loved ones, so I bet that would really drive him crazy.

Here's the clip: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57581717/teachers-bond-with-students-lasts-long-after-graduation/

dvorak fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Apr 29, 2013

widunder
May 2, 2002

dvorak posted:

I called and left a message on the voicemail about something I saw on CBS News with Scott Pelley, since that seems like something that Seth would keep tabs on with the DVR.

There's this creepy, definitely chimo bible studies teacher at a christian middle school, who for the last 30 years has written a birthday letter to each of his 100+ students. Not only does he write a letter to them on their birthday, but he has written one to each of them FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES! He spends like 3 hours a night, hand writing 'birthday letters' and keeps tabs on all his students by popping in at all their social events without their knowledge.

A real fun dude, who you know is totally cloaking it. That dude had the most stereotypical creepy bachelor chimo boner-rage look on his face through the entire interview. "I love them, I love all my students."

I know a story like that would just drive Seth into a full pani, like it almost did to me. I know he is the last guy on earth who still writes real letters through the USPS to his loved ones, so I bet that would really drive him crazy.

Here's the clip: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57581717/teachers-bond-with-students-lasts-long-after-graduation/
UYD fanfic, it finally happened.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

That doesn't strike you as incredibly creepy at all? Seth must have read a dozen stories that started out with something like that over the years.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
I just got around to watching Seth's corner. Jesus Christ what a hosed up culture we live in.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Al! posted:

UYD - Jesus Christ what a hosed up culture we live in.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Al! posted:

I just got around to watching Seth's corner. Jesus Christ what a hosed up culture we live in.

Those videos makes me feel like im going nuts, they are just super surreal.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

"He is so unbelievably cute." - teenage girl talking about her super gay cheerleading coach.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

Depths posted:

Those videos makes me feel like im going nuts, they are just super surreal.

At the same time that I found them all incredibly hard to watch, I couldn't stop watching. Quite an experience.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
I finally dipped into and finished Seth's Corner a few weeks ago. First of all, it's amazing. Second, the self shot and narrated pyro video is insane. Third, I've seen the first part of the first video so many times because it auto plays after a video is done. It's the one where the guy points his finger in George W's face. It really sets the stage.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Goddammit, now you're all making me want to rewatch Seth's Clips again. I must have watched them all like 5 times at this point.

nub
Jul 20, 2009

Keep talking.
I can't handle the dissociative fugue they leave me in.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

nub posted:

I can't handle the dissociative fugue they leave me in.

I smoke a bowl and ride that fugue to ego death

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I'd love to be able to see them on a larger screen somewhere. Just have them on my TV every now and then. They seem like something someone would play on the screen in a dystopian nightclub.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
When those get put in a permanent installation, should they remain divided up into volumes or should it be combined into one massive random cascade of insanity?

Actually, I'm thinking one volume per television, all playing simultaneously and on loop.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

big business sloth posted:

When those get put in a permanent installation, should they remain divided up into volumes or should it be combined into one massive random cascade of insanity?

Actually, I'm thinking one volume per television, all playing simultaneously and on loop.

This is how they do installations of video art like that in a lot of modern art museums. Sometimes they will have all of them projected one after another on a screen in a darkened room, which might be too terrifying.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

DrVenkman posted:

I'd love to be able to see them on a larger screen somewhere. Just have them on my TV every now and then. They seem like something someone would play on the screen in a dystopian nightclub.

using jdownloader you can grab them off the website then most modern tvs can play the files

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Jonathan should VJ Seth's Clips at the next show he plays.

I'm actually going to email them that.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Pain and Gain is straight-up UYD Florida madness, did the original story ever show up on the podcast?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
The stuff that Pain and Gain is based on started in 1994, so it's probably a bit outside their purview.

EDIT: I would pay billions of dollars to see Seth's facial expression as he watches the footage that Seth's Corner comes from.

The start of Volume 15 in particular.

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Apr 30, 2013

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

I had that Earth Day discussion the guys were having a few weeks ago on my mind, and needed to hear the story about that guy who founded it.

Check this out: http://www.nbcnews.com/id/42711922/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/earth-day-co-founder-killed-composted-girlfriend#.UX-nbrV4B8F

quote:

When Philadelphia police questioned Einhorn about her mysterious disappearance several weeks later, he claimed that she had gone out to the neighborhood co-op to buy some tofu and sprouts and never returned.

It wasn't until 18 months later that investigators searched Einhorn's apartment after one of his neighbors complained that a reddish-brown, foul-smelling liquid was leaking from the ceiling directly below Einhorn's bedroom closet. Inside the closet, police found Maddux's beaten and partially mummified body stuffed into a trunk that had also been packed with Styrofoam, air fresheners and newspapers.

You want to talk about people loving cloaking it, here's subject #1.

dvorak fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Apr 30, 2013

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Anyone having trouble downloading Episode 370? Its entry on my Feedly feed has no download link and I can't access their RSS feed directly since Feedly overrides it.

E:

dvorak posted:

I had that Earth Day discussion the guys were having a few weeks ago on my mind, and needed to hear the story about that guy who founded it.

Check this out: http://www.nbcnews.com/id/42711922/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/earth-day-co-founder-killed-composted-girlfriend#.UX-nbrV4B8F

Gotta hang onto this for next Earth Day.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Apr 30, 2013

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I grabbed the direct link from the html or whatever it is on the rss page:

http://traffic.libsyn.com/uhhyeahdude/828a1163b760b834f0f06dce85b3d1ff5699a370.mp3

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Yeah, the download link wasn't set correctly on the feed itself.

SullivanPRIME
Mar 17, 2009

dvorak posted:

Being from Philly you'll see the occasional mention of him on the news every few years. I remember being like 8 when I heard that story about the closet and just being loving traumatized by the thought of it.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

"You should just ball up three dollars and throw it at each of your friends."

This last episode ruled. I'd definitely use it to turn on friends to UYD.

Bolek
May 1, 2003

Have they ever mentioned what happened to the raw video from the episodes where they had the film crew? Does someone own it?

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

I loved that opening bit about tips so much, I put up the clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcP-usHLnD4

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

Bolek posted:

Have they ever mentioned what happened to the raw video from the episodes where they had the film crew? Does someone own it?

It's in Seth's closet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nub
Jul 20, 2009

Keep talking.
It's in Seth's closet archives.