Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

soru
Apr 27, 2003

The Red God has his due, sweet girl, and only death may pay for life.
UYD is the best podcast that exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soru
Apr 27, 2003

nemoulette posted:

Whooooooooooooo am I?

Is Amir ever actually on the show? I've listened to like 200-present and then 1-130ish and he's been doing Whooo Am I but then stopped so I guess it fell through.

soru
Apr 27, 2003

habanero walrus posted:

Doesn't it seem a little creepy to call the dude when he doesn't give his number out?

He's said on many occasions that he's listed in the phone book and people can call him if they want to.

soru
Apr 27, 2003

Jonathan is the best, but he really needs to stop saying "ostensibly. "

soru
Apr 27, 2003

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I listened to the first 40 episodes a while back and didn't really care for the show. Then about a week ago I started up again at 41 and for some reason it all just clicked with me and I've really been enjoying the show. Seatbelts.

You listened for 40 hours to something you didn't care for?

soru
Apr 27, 2003

I don't know why you'd expect Seth to look like anything except a crotchety old man. All he needs is a cane to smack whippersnappers with.

soru
Apr 27, 2003

SammyWhereAreYou posted:

This makes my heart hurt.

Why is someone that funny, that broke?

He spends all his money on Luna bars and muscle milk.

soru
Apr 27, 2003

Biodome posted:

Best Seth food story was when he told us that he never speaks when he goes out to eat at his usual place. He just gestures except for the one time there was a new girl and he got pissed because he had to say something.

Or the story about how he met the girl of his dreams but she was insane and tried to stab him.

I like the one where he got kicked out of his local Starbucks because some guy in line was standing too far out from the line and Seth said, "Dude, do you want me to punch you right in your god drat face?"

soru
Apr 27, 2003

I've caught myself saying, "How's your awesome _______?" and "We cool?"

soru
Apr 27, 2003

Yeah for someone who watches so much TV, Seth never really likes the awesome dramas. More just the reality stuff.

soru
Apr 27, 2003

SullivanPRIME posted:

Have you adopted a kid?

Shut up and stop trying to start a stupid argument about adoption in the UYD thread.

soru
Apr 27, 2003

We've heard references in the past to him giving up a lot of it after having some kind of breakdown.

soru
Apr 27, 2003

I also imagine when like 100 people text and call you every day telling you you're great it would be easy to let that get to you.

soru
Apr 27, 2003

causticBeet posted:

New listener, and Loving the gently caress out of the most recent podcasts. How does the back log quality hold up? Is it worth starting at #1?

They had their voice basically right from the start. I think because they worked out the kinks on 4 "lost" episodes which didn't air until much later.

soru
Apr 27, 2003

Glitterbomber posted:

So I'm totally late to find this podcast, and I see I have over 300 episodes to listen to.

Yea, I can't do that, so in what I'm sure everyone is sick of answering, is there either A) a good point to jump in other than episode one, or B) a decent list of the 'best stuff' they've done so far?

You have to start somewhere and they're virtually all the same quality, so you may as well start at #1.

soru
Apr 27, 2003

I was just listening to an early episode where Seth is talking about how Anderson Cooper clearly wanted to gently caress David Beckham. Way to be 100% on the money.

soru
Apr 27, 2003

Yeah, especially when smoking on the podcast is so loving annoying to listen to. Chew more things, Jonathan. Go ahead, slurp that energy drink loudly into the mic. Smoke another. Make sure to do it as loudly as possible so we can all hear you. Thanks. You're not gross at all.

soru
Apr 27, 2003

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

Why do you guys listen to a podcast you hate so much

I can actually be annoyed at eating and still think it's a good podcast

soru
Apr 27, 2003

How the gently caress does Seth let Jonathan get away with wearing jorts and a tank top on stage? Was it mentioned at all in the show?

soru
Apr 27, 2003

SullivanPRIME posted:

Not to mention that Seth and Jonathan always work as a pair, where as on that episode it was 4 people at once. I certainly understand not liking JJGo, even though I myself am a fan, but yeah its sort of ridiculous to spend time talking about how much you hate Jesse Thorn because he made a bad episode of his podcast with Seth and Jonathan. Not to mention all it serves to do is make this thread seem like it was cut out of UYD's lovely rear end forums

I don't listen to Jordan Jesse Go because I find Jesse to be a douchebag, but didn't they do the same thing to the Penny Arcade guys? Every time I hear about JJGo it's because they've gotten into a fight with some other group that I like.

soru
Apr 27, 2003

a starwar betamax posted:

I had to turn it off after the first 30 times he said "powerjam". From what little I did listen to, it seemed like Jonathan was having an alright time, and interacting with the other guys in much the same way he interacts with Seth, by laughing, leading jokes for them, building on their jokes, etc. Seth was absolutely silent though.

Seth was probably busy writing out what he had to say on a notepad.

soru
Apr 27, 2003

bango skank posted:

I've doubted that he doesn't actually at least drink, especially during Marcia's most recent episode(I think) when she offered him some wine.

You're crazy if you think he's lying about being sober for all these years.

soru
Apr 27, 2003

C-Euro posted:

-Vegan? That's never been 100% clear to me but I'm leaning towards yes right now.

He usually refers to himself as vegetarian.

soru
Apr 27, 2003

Song For The Deaf posted:

Edit: One thing that bugs me in the earlier eps that they drop is how much they rag on blind people wanting to do poo poo. I'm not blind, but I've done volunteer and professional work for the blind community, and it bugs me when they say things like "blind people shouldn't use the internet." I've said as much in passing to Seth when he calls back on my voicemails, and we had a long convo about his braille Playboys. Still, weird to jump back in to those earlier ones.

It started with a news story that mentioned people being bigoted against the blind, and both of them going, "Yeah, but that's not a thing... people don't think that." After that it's a running joke that they hate blind people.

soru
Apr 27, 2003

They've mentioned how they met before. Seth was working at a video rental store and Jonathan came in with his wife/gf and they were talking about how crazy that HBO documentary "Living Dolls" is. Seth pulled out a picture from a drawer that he kept on hand of the main girl in it because he's a crazy person.

soru
Apr 27, 2003

It's crazy to me that people have so much trouble telling when they're joking.

soru
Apr 27, 2003

Spraynard Kruger posted:

So I followed Jonathan on Instagram, then the next day, "sethromatelli" liked one of my photos. Is that right? I thought he didn't do technology.

You think Seth Romatelli is on instagram? Really?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soru
Apr 27, 2003

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Was he telling the truth when he said that there was a weed named after him(Seth's Sexy Sativa)?

That's definitely true. I don't understand how people don't get what's true or not on UYD.