Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

nemoulette posted:

unless he's gotten one within the last few years, i think it's safe to assume that neither of them are parents considering their fight in episode 89. as often as Jonathan is wrong about dumb things, "i think it's because you're an east coast catholic" was pretty funny and on point

I have a hard time listening to that fight. Jah sounded legit raged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Riptor posted:

Is that the episode where they had a huge fight and later realized it may have been because there was a carbon monoxide leak in Seth's apartment?

Yes.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Sethro's obssession with egging anything and anyone in episode 98 is cracking me up. I started listening at episode 200, and have been listening to the past eps (worked my way up to 99). Not looking forward to having heard them all.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

JethroMcB posted:

"I'm sports, I'm shiatsu, I'm sensual."

Can anybody remember which episode this is from? I just listened to it recently but can't remember the episode, and very surprisingly it's not on the UYD Wiki.

Episode 8? I am going solely off of a Google for that quote and UYD, and one of the descriptions showed up with "Shiatsu" in it, but not the others.

Watched episode 100 last night, I really wish they did that more. It isn't crucial to the experience, but I really enjoyed watching them while listening. Maybe for ep 300.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Just like all of their celebrity endorsements and voice mails I am sure they are real. These dudes never make a joke based on a celebrity up.

Note: I am only one episode 101 on my run through, so I am talking out my rear end.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

"Hey MAN is that FREEDOM ROCK?"
"Yeah MAN"
"Well then TURN IT UP MAN!"

This has had me giggling for days.

Edit: Ep 103 near the end.

Asnorban fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Oct 10, 2011

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Drewsky posted:

I listened to 107 and 108 last night. I think 107 might have been my favorite that I've heard.

Is that the one where Jah gets pulled over with craploads of weed / cash / paraphernalia a few days after he thought Jah (the real Jah) was protecting him because he was going to be the first white Rastafarian prophet?

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Professor Latency posted:

Was that also the episode where he told the story of him rolling balls and was going to go to a Phish concert with some girl, and basically broke into her house and was confronted by her and another dude?

That's the funniest loving story.
I believe same story

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Fun Times! posted:

Episode 39 I think, Jah talks about how he was a very young kid (like 9) dry humping a pillow while watching a women's bodybuilding competition when his parents walked in. He said, "I was just waiting for the guy's competition!" as an excuse and his dad said, "That's worse."

Love that one as well. Also where his housekeeper finds the Fleshlight.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Cast No Engine posted:

I think this is 110 (i just happened to listen to 107 and 108 the other day also and this story wasn't in them)
I just checked the wiki and you are right.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

"Is it [this] or [that]" always gets a laugh from me. My wife and I do it to each other all the time now as well and it has yet to stop being funny for either of us. We do avoid doing it in front of other people though.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

I have listened to the Twin Jets bit every day for the past few days and made my wife listen to it tonight. Still funny.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

SammyWhereAreYou posted:

(I mean, they say "bone down," for God's sake - it's not even debatable whether or not they're fans)

I am from NC and used bone down long before listening to UYD. That is probably way less UYD specific than other phrases.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

This thread totally dehyped me for my weekly UWineD night (open a bottle, listen to UYD with the wife). An average UYD is better than most other things still.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Power of Pecota posted:

From a few months ago, I really want to know Johnathan's brother's crazy middle name, too.

Benjamin Lawrence. I am episodes behind an texted him that in the lag between knowing he had no cell. This is what Google led me to guess.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Xemloth posted:

I can't help but think this picture is the spitting image of Seth and Jonathan in maybe 20 years time

Woh. That is spot on.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

What episode is the (newspaper classified?) one with "Lesbiamus" in it?

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

JethroMcB posted:

123, about 36 minutes in.

"Lesbiamis or gay roormate."

"Jonathan.....what's a lesbiamis?"

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

I want to contact these dudes to see if I could set up some cameras and film the DC show, and then handle the editing / syncing audio with the podcast and release it to them. Is the email address or the 888 number best for them actually seeing / listening? Or is there an alternate method that may be better?

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

goldblums eyes posted:

You could call Seth's landline which is on this thread's first page. I've called it twice and each time he's responded within 48 hours.

I'll try that. Thanks.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Just spoke with Seth on the phone. He really is as funny in a conversation as he is on the podcast. No to filming, but he said they had a buddy traveling with them who will be filming stuff. So hopefully that sees the light of day.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Woh. Saturday gonna be pricy.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

If they don't do a CPAC Craig's House tomorrow night I'ma be pretty disappointed.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

DC show was great but gently caress the venue. Outside of sound that was a nothing but unpleasant experience.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Spectracide posted:

Trouble with the DC show was the venue booked a band (or something) for afterwards. If you paid for parking you were asked to leave within 30 mins of UYD ending. Not sure what else might have been wrong? The show was still normal length and I got my laughs and slaps. I can see the frustration if you came from out of the area though.

Show was great. Mostly just traveling from pretty far and the crazy rush to get out of the venue. They were even telling people they couldn't buy any drinks when it was an hour before the second show started.

I've just rarely been to a show at a venue that didn't want your money so much they were tossing you out for a show that had (at the time) fewer people wanting in.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

That's a huge bummer. Would have been nice to have a copy of the show I was at that was actually listenable. Wonder how it got hosed up so badly.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

O__O posted:

It pisses me off that weirdos like you enjoy the same thing that I do. You're a loving embarrassment.

Because he said "sometimes people like things made by lovely people"?

This thread is the worst.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

roach cum puddle posted:

Even just filming a live show would be a really minimal amount of effort way to make money, and it would definitely make a profit.

I spoke with Seth about filming the DC show, editing it, and giving it to them to do with it whatever they wanted and he said no. Said they had someone else filming stuff, but given how we never saw anything I think it was a polite "no".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

The live show in Raleigh was pretty great. Huge shoutout to the Phil Cook looking rear end in a top hat who spent the money to come and talk to his 2 friends at maximum level and made me unable to hear about 1/4 of the show. Also to the 2 women at the bar who I could hear 20 feet away. It's best to go to a talking show and talk through it.