Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I love this show so much, I've been listening since 2009 I think and its never not been good.

I'm trying to remember an episode (it was maybe sometime around Thanksgiving 2009), where they talk about some study that talks about when you have sex with someone you're associated with x number of partners and Seth kind of freaks out. I'm trying to check the wiki but drat that thing is slow.

edit: Found it, episode 186. It has some other good stories too, such as Seth's mom going to an Apple store to buy an ipod so she could listen to the podcast, and they pulled it up over the speakers in the store and the first line everyone heard was "I want to gently caress my father"

Combo fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Sep 27, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

JethroMcB posted:

"'I'm Vegan.' What's that cheeseball in your mouth? That's like, way wicked more than just cheese, those are, like, triple cheese! 'I'm Vegan. gently caress Doritos, I'd never eat a Dorito.' I've seen you eat Doritos! 'It's an exception, I always give myself an exception. One...or two.'"

Episode 127, one of the best in my book. You go straight from that to their hilarious bit about the last issue of Playgirl.

"I'm gonna get a Snickers Charged, with the Taurine, some Newports, aaaaaaaannnnnd a Playgirl. Hey, do you have matches? Because then I'm gonna light it all on fire."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EihFTpui1KE

One of my favorite segments of the show period, god drat.

Jah is so roasted in that clip

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

CortezFantastic posted:

I like how in 298 Seth talks about Seinfeld on Letterman basically doing the same routine he did FIVE YEARS AGO in the early episodes, in the 20s, and didn't even notice it.

I knew I'd heard that before.

That's hilarious

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

UP AND ADAM posted:

Craig's House, and this is a personal favorite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kByRODAlgU0

I'm pretty sure it introduced me to UYD, so there's that.

I can't help but love the absolutely adoring look Jah gives Seth at 23 seconds in.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Oh god someone put the segment up about the dude who crashed his plane and killed his family twice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R26QD-wfU60&feature=related

I've been keeping that episode on my playlist just so I could go back to it every now and then. The story is so insane but god drat is it funny.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Binowru posted:

Fun fact: Until I started listening to UYD, this was the only thing I knew Papa Jah from:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yddr5thpDTE

You need to watch yourself some Night Court, son.

I loved that show.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

This made me think of UYD this morning, as the segment they did on this was hilarious.

Yahoo ran a story on Austin Hatch, the guy who lost most of his family in two plane crashes, both flown by his dad.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaab-...-063906240.html

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Its legitimately one of my top 10 moments of the show, so when I saw that story this morning I got giddy and went to listen to it again.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Pompous Rhombus posted:

Out of curiosity, what sort of situations/environments do you guys listen to UYD in? I used to binge through episodes on my headphones at my old desk job in the US when I first got turned on to the show (thanks to this thread or a previous incarnation). Now that I'm teaching in Japan it's usually around the apartment, favorite thing to do is throw an episode on, crack a beer, do some straightening up, and bask in the warm glow of two American Americans trying to save America from herself. I try to have a few un-listened to eps on my phone, so if I've got a walk ahead of me (like ~20 minutes to the center of town to drink), I'll pop an earphone in and listen to it on the way.

Today I had nothing to do at work, so I brought my needle and thread in and sewed up some warm pants I ripped last winter at my desk, listening to 398. They are pants of sincerity.

I usually listen at work as I'm at a desk all day anyway. Or in my car since I have a 45 minute drive or so.

I've never done a full run through, but I think after the new year I'm going to do a type of "Getting Fit with UYD" and listen to every single episode while at the gym, maybe with a before and after pic. I'm hoping I can pull that off at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

CortezFantastic posted:

Make a log in TFLC and I'll follow

I would probably never keep it current, and I usually have high hopes of trying to stick with it that get thwarted as soon as school starts back up. Working full time + evening classes (and a baby on the way as well) could throw a wrench into things.

Here I am already making excuses...