Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible

Hooper Struvé posted:

Whenever Jah reads anything out loud, he begins nearly every sentence with "Now,..."

Once you hear it, you will not be able to stop hearing it.

"Scientists are reporting the results of a new study in blah blah blah. Now, the study shows that blah blah blah. Now, the subjects studied were blah blah blah. Now, a spokesman has said..."

I love these guys but oh my God it is irksome.

On a similar note, he says "Um, ..." every time he's trying to compose himself after Seth says something funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
3,716 words

Why would anyone bother writing or reading that stupid thing?

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible

mcvey posted:

I always wonder how much of Seths luddite/technophobe tendencies are an act. He's always referencing obscure(to someone like him?) internet stuff that makes me wonder.

From one of the interviews with Seth a little earlier in the thread, it sounds like he isn't interested in web 2.0 stuff. He'll read or watch videos, but he won't do anything involving sending, uploading, or posting.

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
At around 24 minutes in episode 286, Seth drops his philosophy on computer usage, and it perfectly explains the way he uses the internet (based on earlier in this thread):

Sethro posted:

The only reason anyone should ever be on a computer is to, like, be looking something up, downloading a podcast, buying a song, or watching a TV show. It's the only purpose it should serve, it should serve no other purpose.

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
ed sheeran is an okay singer but his lyrics are so blunt and stupid and repetitive

like he just has no prose

and yeah that hair is gross

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible

H A T T A M posted:

What's the story that happened very early on in the show: Seth does some personal research about this high school basketball girl. It has something to do with her record for free throws or 3s or something like that. I have no idea what I'm talking about but maybe that rings a bell?

Oh poo poo I remember that from Episode 4, its like the first story he tells in the show and at the end Jonathan says it's probably the greatest investigative story anyone has ever told on a podcast. God drat I wish I could remember the details, it was almost a record for individual points in a single game and she only failed to break it because the other team left the court so her free throws didnt count or something