Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i thought zach woods had been on cbb as a character a bunch of times but i looked it up and he was just a frequent improv4humans guest from 2012-14, which was mostly over a decade ago now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Zach Woods did do some earwolf podcasts a long time ago and then I feel like I heard that he didn't like podcasts and stopped doing it? Not 100% on the details of that or where I heard it, so giant grain of salt with that.

Anyway he did happen to record a Improv4Humans on camera and it's one of my favorites. He is very talented.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe-V-ztn_5s

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Zach Woods did do some earwolf podcasts a long time ago and then I feel like I heard that he didn't like podcasts and stopped doing it? Not 100% on the details of that or where I heard it, so giant grain of salt with that.

Anyway he did happen to record a Improv4Humans on camera and it's one of my favorites. He is very talented.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe-V-ztn_5s

48 minutes in is maybe top 5 I4H moments.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
A bit off-topic, but maybe someone here would appreciate—I always really liked this Zach Woods/Neil Casey scene filmed at UCB a decade (:eyepop:) ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ7iHdJbIqE

The reveal of Quimbly Penumbra has really stuck with me over the years.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
The only thing I remember about Zach Woods on I4H was a scene where someone else in a scene knocking on the door saying something along the lines of "Zach Woods get out of here! You're too good at improv". I don't remember who it was or what episode, but it's a sentiment that has stuck with me.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

SpacePig posted:

The only thing I remember about Zach Woods on I4H was a scene where someone else in a scene knocking on the door saying something along the lines of "Zach Woods get out of here! You're too good at improv". I don't remember who it was or what episode, but it's a sentiment that has stuck with me.

I wanna say maybe it’s the one with Colton Dunn and Charlie Sanders?

https://harkaudio.com/p/improv4humans-with-matt-besser-matt-besser/zach-woods-charlie-sanders-colton-dunn-earwolf-and-matt-besser

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Zach Woods gets talked about too since he was very popular on live improv shows which probably adds to the I'm sure he was in more feeling. I can't remember if it was actually on Off book or something else where she was talking about her career in general but Jess McKenna talked about how with Zach Reino they're so likely to be talking animals, and then with Woods she was always on her toes because he loved to make things super dark or sexual out of nowhere. Which always killed and wasn't a bad thing just a difference of being in sync and adjusting very on the fly.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
He was/is a longtime UCB standby so it is both very baffling and very funny that he hasn't been on CBB until now.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Everything with Zach is funny but him calling the show "fresh" was particularly funny word choice.

rollick
Mar 20, 2009

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Zach Woods gets talked about too since he was very popular on live improv shows which probably adds to the I'm sure he was in more feeling. I can't remember if it was actually on Off book or something else where she was talking about her career in general but Jess McKenna talked about how with Zach Reino they're so likely to be talking animals, and then with Woods she was always on her toes because he loved to make things super dark or sexual out of nowhere. Which always killed and wasn't a bad thing just a difference of being in sync and adjusting very on the fly.

I laughed hard at the sudden turn from Scott's lame "Dare I say: Ira Glass-Half-Empty?" joke to "Wait, Scott just put a gun in his mouth"

rollick fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Feb 2, 2024

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

listening to Horatio Sanz' bits from past CBB appearances must feel really weird Al now huh.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Laterite posted:

He was/is a longtime UCB standby so it is both very baffling and very funny that he hasn't been on CBB until now.

I can't remember where, but I've also heard that he's just not a big fan of the podcast format/experience of recording.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

JAnon posted:

listening to Horatio Sanz' bits from past CBB appearances must feel really weird Al now huh.

One of my favorite episodes was him and Middleditch.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

kdrudy posted:

One of my favorite episodes was him and Middleditch.

There’s an episode with him and Tim Meadows where he’s like, a guy from the LA rock and roll scene and it was one of my favorite episodes ever.

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.

JAnon posted:

Horatio was one of the funniest people ever on CBB. I don't remember the context but there's a part where he talks about someone grabbing at his legs and he's kicking them in their face and I remember laughing until I cried hearing that. Too bad about the sex crimes.

Also the I4H episode with Zach Woods, Charlie Sanders and Colton Dunn has one of the funniest moments in podcast history He just called me a n*****

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

JAnon posted:

WeirdO Al

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

Seaniqua posted:

WeirdO Al

wait he changed his stage name?

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Cbb adjacent: Reggie Watts shows up doing backing vocals in the Paramore Burning Down the House cover. I guess they couldn't book Scott and Adam.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

The newest episode with Moshe Kasher and Cart Tart and Vic M is out and I'm listening now, the first part with Moshe was more interesting than funny, but now with Tart as the Pine Sol lady is really funny. Looking forward to when Vic shows up.

winddancerman
Aug 26, 2022

Ccs posted:

The newest episode with Moshe Kasher and Cart Tart and Vic M is out and I'm listening now, the first part with Moshe was more interesting than funny, but now with Tart as the Pine Sol lady is really funny. Looking forward to when Vic shows up.

Carl Tart's the loving best

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I’m in the middle of it but I already lost it twice, first in Pine Sol Lady’s involvement in the LA riots, and then her friends that she’s bringing to her Super Bowl commercial

Silly! You goose!

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013
Just listening to the best ofs and catching up. Ben Schwatrz is by far the worst thing to happen to this show. He's ok in anything I've seen him acting in but it's been years and he's just absolute poo poo on CBB.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Haha, nah

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I like Ben Schwartz. He and Scott are insufferable together. It was cute and charming once, but every subsequent time it just becomes more and more Hyperactive Theatre Kid Energy.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I really enjoyed Carl's character accidentally outing OJ's criminal charges to Scott.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I skip the solo bolos and I don’t really like their song thing but otherwise I have no strong opinions about Ben Schwartz. I think he’s a fun interviewee in general

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I love recurring "mistake" jokes that get increasingly less plausible, like the Monster gently caress and screwing up the plug theme.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I haven't finished today's ep, but it starts off real strong. I hope Robo-Shimmy becomes a recurring character.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Yeah today's episode is an incredible Andy Daly and Paul F Thompkins character bonanza.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Of course Hot Dog is possessed by Don Dimello, himself possessed by Golly

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
good god the Italian guy got me good

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
It was an amazing episode. Speaking of impressions of PFT characters. Janie did some half remembered impressions of his characters in this months episode of their podcast. I definitely want that one woman show .

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Fezz posted:

It was an amazing episode. Speaking of impressions of PFT characters. Janie did some half remembered impressions of his characters in this months episode of their podcast. I definitely want that one woman show .

That was so delightful. The Homekinses are a lot of fun.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Agreed that this was a very good CBB episode, PFT and andy are at the top of their game and it's one of those ones where everyone's making each other crack up and clearly having a lot of fun. As much as i'm appreciating the new crop of CBB regulars (your Lisas and Vics and so on) it's nice to have an old school one like this from time to time

gotta go

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Ccs posted:

Yeah today's episode is an incredible Andy Daly and Paul F Thompkins character bonanza.

Let me guess, you're in your 50s

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Someone please post the picture they’re talking about in the latest ep if you have it

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

RandolphCarter posted:

Someone please post the picture they’re talking about in the latest ep if you have it

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
That’s better in every single way than I was imagining.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

jeeves posted:

That’s better in every single way than I was imagining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
The bit about being made to look like a woman and THEN being disguised as a man is so loving funny once you've seen the picture.