Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

edit: wrong thread. Boy Comedy Bang is a good show ain't it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I listened to the hosts of Hollywood Handbook on their episode of CBB and then checked out their show. Holy moly. They're funny but I think I got irony poisoned.

Their use of broken english, or just referring to things by a plain and grammatically incorrect noun, will never not be funny to me.

Ccs fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Apr 4, 2024

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

hamburger sandwich?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Ccs posted:

I listened to the hosts of Hollywood Handbook on their episode of CBB and then checked out their show. Holy moly. They're funny but I think I got irony poisoned.

Their use of broken english, or just referring to things by a plain and grammatically incorrect noun, will never not be funny to me.

Speak on that.

(I hope they’re still saying that or else I sound very rude right now)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Ainsley McTree posted:

Speak on that.

(I hope they’re still saying that or else I sound very rude right now)

This is gonna look bad on your rear end

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I’m watching the Lily Sullivan show livestream and its bussin me up in a good way

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Ccs posted:

shrimps is bugs

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
That one CBB episode with the boys where a bug flies into Sean's mouth and starts controlling him remains one of my favorite episodes of any podcast to this day.

In fact I'm going to listen to it right now!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

It’s not the best episode but one of my favorite HHB related moments is the episode of spontaneanation (I think) where PFT has the boys on as guests and only realizes after the recording starts that they’ve never had any improv training, it sounded like he just kind of assumed they had

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Ainsley McTree posted:

It’s not the best episode but one of my favorite HHB related moments is the episode of spontaneanation (I think) where PFT has the boys on as guests and only realizes after the recording starts that they’ve never had any improv training, it sounded like he just kind of assumed they had

Sean took UCB classes in both NYC and LA, and he was a part of the lovely Jobs weekly(?) show for like a decade. Hayes - like PFT - never did formal improv training, working primarily as a comedy writer.

If I'm remembering the episode correctly, they have their own game going which is "We should sabotage the scene - and ourselves - at every opportunity."

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Oh maybe I’m misremembering the episode. I recall it being a thing of PFT being genuinely caught a little off guard for the improv part of the show, like “wait, you don’t know how to do this?” But sometimes I can’t tell when the boys are being sarcastic

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

limp dick calvin posted:

I’m watching the Lily Sullivan show livestream and its bussin me up in a good way

Ah dang. Is this one of those dealies where the livestream is live for a few days after the show? It looks like you can still buy a ticket...

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
reminds me of the Spont where Besser didn't realize he was invited to improv and spent the whole show after the interview politely laughing (which of course looked like rudely refusing to join)

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

Waterbed Wendy posted:

That one CBB episode with the boys where a bug flies into Sean's mouth and starts controlling him remains one of my favorite episodes of any podcast to this day.

In fact I'm going to listen to it right now!

Do you know the episode number? This sounds amazing.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I think it's their first appearance in 351 - CBB: The Movie

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

I think it's their first appearance in 351 - CBB: The Movie

Yup absolutely. The whole episode is great but "my ideas are bug's ideas" gets me.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I don't think I've laughed harder than the Wendagabrus saga

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Sean was an improv teacher. In his writing podcast made for the strike he had a story about crying in his car after getting...I think the Allen Gregory job because he could afford to stop teaching improv.

PFT also don't have formal improv training, he's mentioned being very self conscious about it 10+ years ago when doing podcast work with actual trained improvisers and having imposter syndrome.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

GoutPatrol posted:

Sean...Allen Gregory...

Welp, guess everyone has their flaws.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

Welp, guess everyone has their flaws.

Hayes and Sean actually met in that writers room. Without Allen Gregory there might not be a Hollywood Handbook.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Hayes and Sean actually met in that writers room. Without Allen Gregory there might not be a Hollywood Handbook.

Phew, real double edged sword situation there.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

it's a win win since i believe (and the boys have said something to this effect) allen gregory is no longer available to watch on any format or platform

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I recall them mentioning they'd like to revisit the show not because it's any good, but just to get that nostalgia hit of their first big writer's room job; "Oh yeah, I remember [X/Y/Z] happened while we were breaking these crappy jokes"

At least Allen Gregory was released. Sean also worked on Murder Police, a Fox animated show that was cancelled after production had finished but before it ever aired. Never aired anywhere, hasn't even been sold to a FAST streamer or anything.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Happy early wet day all! Also cbb is going on tour again this summer.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Darn, they're coming to Toronto and Vancouver but not Montreal.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I got my strung-up popcorn and ice cubes ready for Wednesday :dance:

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

This is the 2nd time in a row I'll be on vacation when they come to DC.

Inconsolable on this, our wettest of days

Jack Bandit
Feb 6, 2005
Shit, I'm a free man and I haven't had a conjugal visit in six months
This is the first time they’ve come to Pittsburgh.

What do tickets normally run for these shows?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I live in Fort Lauderdale. I did not click the list with enthusiasm.

(Episode 823)

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Early artist preshows went on sale this morning with code Bang24

https://www.comedybangbangworld.com/tour/

Got my ticket for Saint Louis. Was too cheap to spring for front row. But not complaining about row 7.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I don't think i'd ever heard of the origin of wet day before. It's stupid, I love it

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Jack Bandit posted:

What do tickets normally run for these shows?

Just checked my confirmation email from the 2016 tour, two balcony seats ran me $88 after fees/taxes/etc.

This time I went to book one seat at same venue, same row/section - 75 gosh-darn dollars. Probably going to sit this one out!

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"
Maybe the new shows will have twice the number of jokes??

Jack Bandit
Feb 6, 2005
Shit, I'm a free man and I haven't had a conjugal visit in six months

JethroMcB posted:

Just checked my confirmation email from the 2016 tour, two balcony seats ran me $88 after fees/taxes/etc.

This time I went to book one seat at same venue, same row/section - 75 gosh-darn dollars. Probably going to sit this one out!

Thanks!

I got two seats for $128 which is more than I expected to spend but since they haven’t toured here before I’m cool with it.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

JethroMcB posted:

Yep. Wanted to take my partner who doesn't listen to the podcast but is familiar with a lot of the performers. When I first clicked on the link an hour ago, there were a couple options for two seats next to each other in BK for $65 a pop. I wanted to make sure she'd be into it so I waited an hour until her meeting was over, now the cheapest two seats together are $150 each. During pre-sale. Thats a big ol' no thanks.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Dang, only $53/ticket for my town at least. Might be the venues jacking up the fees if ya'll live in major cities.

fwiw they sell more on Friday so you might still be able to pick up cheap seats then.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Congrats to Fat Walletman

turtleface
May 28, 2003

I'm helping
The price change from the 2020 tour doesn't look to be much for me, but yeah going back to 2016 they were $45 vs $75 for a similar ticket now. Wish I could see how much the fees were back then. It's something like $15 now.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
Seeing them for the 4th tour in a row at the same venue in Portland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Scott's good friend died, I wonder if anyone has informed him and Carl?