Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

root beer posted:

Man, Thomas Lennon hasn’t been on CBB in a long time, and I think the gap before the last time he was on was even longer than that

Guess that means he’s gotten more successful (and PFT is a total washup)

They’ve fallen out of my brain, but I recall Tom Lennon having some funny industry stories when he guested on the George Lucas Talkshow.

Though writing Night at the Museum had to be some level of decent payday!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Isn't he the go-to comedy script doctor these days?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
An absurd amount of small/medium credits, very much a constantly working writer.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Could have sworn he's the top comedy writer in the world if you go by box office return or something like that.

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"
I was listening a few months to early CBB and Little Gary singing “I am not food” with back up accompaniment from the guest band was by far the highlight of the 200 episodes I got through.

That and Sarah Silverman suddenly exclaiming, “Scott! I’m bored!” during one of his games.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Just a heads up that Lisa Gilroy was on After Midnight last night. (This morning.)

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
New episode randomly dropped. I wonder if that’s a reaction to the Monday episode or more likely a mistake?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

jeeves posted:

New episode randomly dropped. I wonder if that’s a reaction to the Monday episode or more likely a mistake?

Previously it's been someone wanting to plug their project fairly last minute.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

jeeves posted:

Weird, not showing up on any of my feeds yet, but see it there on the website.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

New Hey Randy too, which remains the crown jewel of CBB Presents and it's not even close.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I am enjoying mark padovano as the heel of the show, even beneath Carissa in status

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

I am enjoying mark padovano as the heel of the show, even beneath Carissa in status

The absolute delight when a caller says "Get hosed Mark" that they all have is wonderful.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Brett’s pretty good at making Mark insufferable.

It’s gotta be hard to hold your own surrounded by a group that funny.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

CatstropheWaitress posted:

New Hey Randy too, which remains the crown jewel of CBB Presents and it's not even close.

I absolutely love "This Book Changed My Life".

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory
The entree p neur shows are my #1. :colbert:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

TheWevel posted:

The entree p neur shows are my #1. :colbert:

yeah i wish they came out more often. same for pretty much anything will hines does too.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
The Will Hines show was really fun for a while, partially from the comedians and partially from them trying to figure out the format and make it work. Unfortunately I got burnt out on Christine Bullen's character Myrtle Magee very quickly. Nothing against her or anything, but that character's game and schtick got repeitive for me faster than any other CBBW character. If Myrtle's on a show, I'm not finishing that episode.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Franchescanado posted:

The Will Hines show was really fun for a while, partially from the comedians and partially from them trying to figure out the format and make it work. Unfortunately I got burnt out on Christine Bullen's character Myrtle Magee very quickly. Nothing against her or anything, but that character's game and schtick got repeitive for me faster than any other CBBW character. If Myrtle's on a show, I'm not finishing that episode.

She had the best line of the episode! "Dirty"

Love Hines I'm Prov, love the chaos of Entree P., but Hey Randy is so drat solid fortnight to fortnight that it's hard to beat in my eyes.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I played This Book Changed My Life for my mom and she said it was the first podcast she has ever liked

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

would not have pegged that as a parent-friendly podcast but congrats on your rad mom

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I love Lilyyily but I zone out a lot with the Book one. Hey Randy is one of the greatest podcasts of all time.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
This book is lower on my list for cbb spinoffs. The improv around the fake books is usually kind of lacking. I did really like the episode where Ben Rodgers and Andy Daly kept getting off topic and Lily gets mildly frustrated with them.

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"
The one where they review “Meth Marathon” by Leslie Snapped is fantastic

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

This book is lower on my list for cbb spinoffs. The improv around the fake books is usually kind of lacking. I did really like the episode where Ben Rodgers and Andy Daly kept getting off topic and Lily gets mildly frustrated with them.

I love Powder I can’t stop thinking about the movie Powder

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
hell yeah

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Laterite posted:

hell yeah

same

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Pretty good Scott Hasn't Seen this week with Mara Wilson and the movie Fame. A lot of talk about life in performing arts type schools. Mara is a great guest.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I want Mr.Books to come back on the show.

Also you can buy a Scott action figure: https://www.actionfigurecellar.com/product-page/pre-order-scott-aukerman-comedy-bang-bang-series-1

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jan 29, 2024

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
and JW Stillwater:

https://shop.figurecollections.com/

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I’m listening to that announcement right now, wild; wonder who else will be made into figures

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Their very existence was funny enough but it's even better to know that the figures will look terrible.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Zach Woods is so loving funny. Having him on the same show as Lisa Gilroy was a real treat, although I wish I could have heard them interact even more.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
They captured his 29 years of age perfectly here

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Looks like he's about to face off with Burgermeister Meisterburger.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Waterbed Wendy posted:

It reminds me of Sean Clements talking about the Earwolf enamel pin of his face: "Makes me look like - and I hate to say it - some kinda rear end in a top hat"

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.
How cool that Conan has an action figure! Hmm? What's that? Oh...

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

Seaniqua posted:

Zach Woods is so loving funny. Having him on the same show as Lisa Gilroy was a real treat, although I wish I could have heard them interact even more.

It was really impressive how he seemed like he'd been on a dozen times already from the way he was instantly able to work with anything Scott said. I almost didn't believe Scott when he said this was Woods' first appearance on the show.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Offler posted:

It was really impressive how he seemed like he'd been on a dozen times already from the way he was instantly able to work with anything Scott said. I almost didn't believe Scott when he said this was Woods' first appearance on the show.

It's funny because if you had asked me before this week if Zach Woods had been on CBB before, I would have replied that of course he had been on a few times over the years. I guess I just mentally associated him with the sort of comedian who would be a semi-regular.

Also, want to say that In the Know is definitely worth watching. Not the absolute funniest thing ever, but it's six 30-minute episodes and it does some good NPR satire and the interviews are really good.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

He did a good job selling me on his show, which I'm not sure has ever happened on CBB before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I know Scott has mentioned a few times in the past that he kept trying and failing to get Zach on the pod, I think in relation to how the other Silicon Valley stars were recurring guests; I’m glad they made it work finally.

And now, it’s a different Silicon Valley star who will be conspicuously absent from the show