Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

kdrudy posted:

Scott's good friend died, I wonder if anyone has informed him and Carl?

I may be wrong, but I think one of the reasons PFT swapped out all of his impressions was because he got sick of his notifications being flooded whenever a stranger died or got a DUI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Yeah, I do recall him being irritated with the deluge of “hey Cake Boss (cake boss) got busted for drunk driving” in his twitter feed

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

cakeboss I can see how that would get old

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

kdrudy posted:

Scott's good friend died, I wonder if anyone has informed him and Carl?

Scott was good friends with OJ Simpson?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

whydirt posted:

Scott was good friends with OJ Simpson?

He was a big fan of his, but stopped paying attention to him some time in the 90s. Whatever happened to that guy?
(I guess you know, but Carl Tart does an impression)

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Mr. Squishy posted:

He was a big fan of his, but stopped paying attention to him some time in the 90s. Whatever happened to that guy?
(I guess you know, but Carl Tart does an impression)

His career really died out after Naked Gun 33 1/3 came out in 1994, it makes sense that a celebrity chaser like Scott would cool on OJ after then.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

You think Scott has it bad, wait until the Teachers Lounge find out. Altho Todd Padre has already killed OJ once…

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
An emergency season of Teachers Lounge would be pretty fun.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

EL BROMANCE posted:

You think Scott has it bad, wait until the Teachers Lounge find out. Altho Todd Padre has already killed OJ once…

Teacher's Lounge was the first thing I thought of when I saw the news

I'm always thrown by that cold open, because they were clearly mid-conversation when Todd says "I killed OJ" and the mystery of what they cut is maddening to me

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

"D Light come and we wanna go nut"

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I love Carl tart

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Hey is that a schoolbus filled with kids? - Scott Auckerman

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Mr. Squishy posted:

Hey is that a schoolbus filled with kids? - Scotty D (the D is for Dick)

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
Take out your D!

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
check out the facts it's the hollywood facts yo

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Dang this has already started, but has VOD for a week. Might grab later on if it’ll still let me.

https://www.elysiantheater.com/shows/heyrandy

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Incredibly good live show, really recommend watching it.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Wait they finally did Twisted Fest as a livestream and didn't mention ticket sales on the pod one gosh darn time

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Well you can watch it for the next week! I also wouldn’t be surprised if the audio is put up as an episode.

I will say, if you like the show, you’re gonna watch it. There’s some extremely good visual gags. Dan Lippert is a man of quality.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Grabbed it to watch later. I've been enjoying some of these shows going to livestreams purchasable for at or just slightly above the price the price of going to a movie. Some really fun performances.

Speaking of, there was a George Lucas Talk Show for the ages that was previously paywalled behind livestream tickets, but now it's out for everyone. So if you like GLTS and missed this one, it rules, with a notable Steven Charleston appearance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvrQ5cZLUcY

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I love GLTS and how the best jokes are impenetrable if you haven't watched literally hundreds of hours of live streams

One day the Wrecking Crew will go to Malta and do an Irishman with Da and Grogizmo (these shapes are public domain) in the Butterverse

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

limp dick calvin posted:

Incredibly good live show, really recommend watching it.

Some real laughing til my face hurt moments during the Shanice healing session

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Today's ep rocks. Felt like they had a tight deadline or something, but Glass is great, Mike's radio guy is wonderful, and all-star Gil Ozeri brings another unintelligible clean-up batter.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Todd Glass's weird plan to get someone to sponsor his shows or whatever that he keeps mentioning everywhere is so odd lol. Like he is a successful stand-up why does he need to do that.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Top lineup today and Gil somehow manages to find something just as unintelligible as Dr Sweetchat

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Annabel Pee posted:

Todd Glass's weird plan to get someone to sponsor his shows or whatever that he keeps mentioning everywhere is so odd lol. Like he is a successful stand-up why does he need to do that.

todd is insane

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
subaRU

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Gil's segment didn't do much for me. Way too hard to understand which detracted from the character. Dr Sweetchat being unintelligible adds a layer to it.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
What I could understand from Gil was funny but I pretty much agree. I really loved Hanford’s DJ character though, he does such a good job taking a thin premise and making it funny. Although he has years of fake DJ training as the Big Han Bopper.

I especially enjoyed this interaction:

“Did you empty the trash?”

poo poo!

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory
Gil is batting 0 for me on CBB appearances. :colbert:

...at least since I started listening in 2020. He's funny but the CBB characters don't do it for me. Dr. Sweetchat was good because of the reactions not the character. Andy Daly never did for me either.

edit: these hot takes are going to cause me to do a "clearing the air" episode aren't they?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Seaniqua posted:

I really loved Hanford’s DJ character though, he does such a good job taking a thin premise and making it funny.

The one tour character he did which was "hay salesman who is allergic to hay" was an all timer. It was near the end of the tour and Scott had no patience for the premise.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

TheWevel posted:

...at least since I started listening in 2020. He's funny but the CBB characters don't do it for me. Dr. Sweetchat was good because of the reactions not the character. Andy Daly never did for me either.

edit: these hot takes are going to cause me to do a "clearing the air" episode aren't they?

Next you'll defame Lisa Gilroy, you should probably just go.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

TheWevel posted:

Hell, if you're going to have a hot take, it should be at least this hot.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I have to be honest, I don’t hate Andy Daly but he’s definitely not near the top tier for me either.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Andy Daly is #1, y'all are nuts

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Bring back Little Gary!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I didn't really love Gil's appearance this time but it was mostly because of the audio quality. Unintelligible audio is funny once, you got me, but doing it again is asking a little much

I like the busiest man in the world though. and i stand with andy

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Gil was a whiff for me this time; the bits I could figure out were funny but the weird audio added nothing and was an active impediment instead.

Hanford came in hot, super committed, and with a good handle on his character...and he still forgot the radio station's call letters almost immediately. The perfect Hanford performance.

Annabel Pee posted:

You mean wanting to get other comedians' names as "Presenting" above his? Seems like he's just aware that "Todd Glass" on the marquee (unfortunately) doesn't have the Q-score needed to move casual ticket sales for a Broadway stand-up set, even if it's pitched as a raucous 90+ minute variety experience. He wants to get some names with national recognition involved so pique the interest of the general public.

Chairman Capone posted:

I have to be honest, I don’t hate Andy Daly but he’s definitely not near the top tier for me either.

Daly is still a welcome name to see on an episode, but not like the early days. He's sticking to his stable of characters and not breaking new ground with them.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ainsley McTree posted:

I like the busiest man in the world though. and i stand with andy

Yeah Busiest man and the Sardinas thing were my favorite appearances by him. I love the stuff he prepares in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I liked Gil's character. Not as much as some other recents, but it still got me laughing hard.