Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
You are a pioneer proving that you don't need to "make sense" or be worth replying to for me to reply to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Speaking of Good Ones, Tig hasn't been on CBB since May it looks like. What's up with that? If anyone misses her like I do watch Professor Blastoff.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I think everyone had made that conclusion on their own.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Haha, it's pretty good so far. They're like a female version of the "Oh hello" characters John Mulaney and Nick Kroll do.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

FitFortDanga posted:

This is a really boring episode. David Wain is already boring, don't bring on your boring father and kid. And Gary Busey is just too easy a character. Adomian is basically doing Jesse Ventura without the anger.

Oh nooo. This doesn't sound good. :(

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Listen to #57 with Brian Posehn. It's goddamn hilarious. :)

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Alright Tim Heidecker, you have no excuse to not be funny on this episode. This is your last chance!!

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Everyone should listen to Ronna and Beverly with Scott Aukerman. It's very funny, trust me.

Oh yeah, that show is tonight. I don't think I have IFC. =/

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Adomian did him on number 108 with Rob Corddry (that name is spelled weird). I gotta rep for that episode; I thought it was great!

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

RandolphCarter posted:

Relistening to some old episodes, I really wish Bill Cosby-Bukowski would come back on the show his jell-oetry is amazing.

He has a reprise on episde 136 (2011 Holiday Spectacular) and it's great.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
David Koechner has been weird and unfunny whenever he's on a podcast, in my listening experience. I wouldn't listen to that dad podcast anyway though.

I'm outraged that it's not Cyberthug and Miles Archer doing the rap podcast, though. That sucks.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah! I wasn't sure if it was a joke or not when she first did an asian-accented thing, and no one laughed so I still wasn't sure. The rest of the episode was still pretty good, though, cuz of Scott Jeffries, and the other people didn't seem demure or lame- even if they weren't funny, they were at least up for the show, which is better than some other guests have conducted themselves.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I'm fine with Andy Daly bringing a new character to each CBB because every one has been amazing still (there was a nurse character with Gillian Jacobs who wasn't super funny, but still ok).

Why would you skip the second halloween episodes? That was the one with the spooky ghost buns (puns).

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Wompler has been on a lot lately. Maybe it's a different character, though I'd be fine with more Wompler- I just need her to reunite with Listler though.

Could that guy be Adam Pally or Tim Heidecker?

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Well, I hope he's funny, but Wompler + any guest is a recipe for greatness.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah, she's great. Sucks about their show- I never even knew it was on, when it was airing. I just learned about it when I heard about it getting cancelled. You can always get famous from the Womp it Up + Listler podcast. :(

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
And how much ratings strategy is going to be effective on a network like IFC? Don't they show reruns and old movies most of the time? Seeing the indications that the CBB tv show will be continuing is very nice, though.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Apparently Gutterballs and Marissa's stepfather Seth will also be there. Who will portray them??? My hopes are impossibly high.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
His second answer really hits on the perfect attitude for guests to have. Those guests who start out overly sincere or lucid are always the ones who don't quite reach the heights that the great guests do. It's fine when they're playing the straight man, but sometimes they're comedic actors and it's awkward.

edit: who are the unfunny people who apparently hate on the funniest, least conventional episodes of CBB?

haha http://sarapocock.tumblr.com/post/28679544946/heres-the-final-animation-for-andrew-lloyd-webber

UP AND ADAM fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Dec 13, 2012

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I like the games too, but that was a funny one.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Also for the Wompcast, I thought Saucerman could have not been in it and it would've been as good. He drew some focus away from the new characters and from Listler, who we haven't heard from since her first and only appearance. So my main complaint was that it didn't seem long enough, but I love the theme song and the prospect of more.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
You're crazy. I think a lot of PFT shines through in each of his characters. I don't remember the two most recent of his appearances (though Herzog is always good in my book and he was on last), but that could be due to the supporting cast. Put Tompkins with a good accompanying guest (instead of a dull one who doesn't get it) and his eps are always great.

NotWearingPants posted:

I disagree. The Ice-T character has no depth and is just a lisp. His product ideas are stupid and too obvious to be funny. It's like he takes them from rejected Foam Corner ideas. Cake Boss (cake boss) is one of my favorite characters. He has the gift of the second sight for chrissakes! He can take that anywhere!

Listen to the one with Greg Proops, Adomian, and PFT doing Ice-T.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
There's an entire episode of the Kroll Show already available for watching. http://www.comedycentral.com/episodes/nmtx20/kroll-show-san-diego-diet-season-1-ep-102 I don't know if everyone knows that, just wanted to make it clear.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I liked it too. I thought the disliked character would be that one student abroad in Italy that was also on a recent show, but this one is much more tolerable than that one. Not bad at all I thought.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Rust gets a lot of love for his New No-No's, but he had a fantastic episode with Todd Barry and Neil Campbell- episode 81.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Wow, I truly thought that was Sarah doing a take on her archetypical comedic persona. Very funny either way, I guess. Neil Campbell left me wanting more excerpts from his book, the musical guest was funny, and cohost Jeff Ross was quite good even for being from "outside" the usual CBB stable.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Episode 103 is a great episode altogether, probably one of my favorite ever, and it has Scheer doing a very funny character for a segment or too. But it also has every other great guest too.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I thought it was pretty good too. However, Scott should maybe inject some more games (other than WYR, and I'm fine with Scott having that be a staple of most shows) if an episode is going to be an hour and a half. Sometimes there isn't enough fodder for another go-round of bullshit improv jokemaking, and something like Jukebox Jury or the other old games definitely could liven the room up. I can't remember because I listen to older CBBs so often- does he still even play games other than WYR?

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
The freestyle raps have yet to jump the shark for me, too. I loved last Halloween's show so much.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Is that a band, just kidding?

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Um, I thought it was going to be Farts and Procreation 3, but that's even better.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Does anyone remember what rank the Wompler/Listler episode made it to in the CBB top 10? Because it, Farts & Pro, and Time Bobby are probably my favorite guest groupings in all of CBB and they're all coming with sequels soon. No slight intended to the Dalys, Kroll, Mantzoukas, or Schwartz (or Adomian, who, I might add, works well with any guest, even the shy newcomer ones).

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
No, he said that women don't and can't understand music. Didn't you read the tweet/

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I was trying to be facetious. I don't think that tweet is on the level of most awful things tweeted by a "celebrity" today. It is lazy and based on sexist marginalizing of women as sex objects, etc. and all that I agree with. But I really think he's making more of a joke about hipster girls (also an uninspired joke, but not really sexist).

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I don't understand what awful codified rules are going on at Earwolf where a person could be completely ruled out of doing a one hour podcast. Same with Jerry Minor. :(

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
His twitter says he's doing a CBB on VPN at 9 est tonight too! Heads up.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Taran Hourie Killam (born April 1, 1982) is an American actor and comedian best known for his television work on shows such as The Amanda Show, Scrubs, Wild 'N Out, MADtv, Stuck in the Suburbs and currently on Saturday Night Live. Just saying.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Dalton Wilcox is Andy Daly given free rein, and it's amazing. I find it hard to find fault with much of anything in the Chip Gardner one too, but I do think it's my least favorite (just because I love the other ones a whole lot).

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

Conduit for Sale! posted:

You like Chip Gardner less than Andi Callahan? Ben Alterman? Shooter?

My bad. I did like the Ben Alterman appearance and Shooter was funny (yep, I know em all), but I was talking about the Mantzoukas-Daly family of episodes. The registered nurse one did legitimately stink though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
This one was hilarious. Ben Schwarz really elevates the character guest's performance whenever he's on. He's so quick and interested in picking up on tiny details to get to funny tangents. Here's the Speakeasy interview. I bet it's funny. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f7Pr07H4RI

UP AND ADAM fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jul 8, 2013