Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I thought it was a pretty good episode. Neil's rap was one of the funniest things I've ever heard on this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I love how comfortable everyone was improvising as their characters, Mantzoukas in particular (since Listler and Wompler have been doing that for ages; I mean he's done establishing his character and he feels free to get goofy or yes-and to a possibly uncharacteristic degree, in the interest of comedy). It's also the best when there isn't some movie star in the studio doing promotion for their crappy new movie.

UP AND ADAM fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Aug 12, 2013

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

RockShowLevel27 posted:

I love the podcast, but yeah, they sometimes tend to run characters into the ground. I think what soiled cake boss for me was him speaking to dead cakes like A Christmas Carol.

Wasn't that like his first bit? Where he talked to the actor from the movie MASH and Chewbacca? That was gold--although I agree that Scott has been a little staid in his show format and guest bookings lately. Though it's probably reasonable for him to want to settle on a routine of one character guest and one normal guest since he has the Earwolf business and the CBB TV show taking up his time.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Those are all great, but Dame Andrew Lloyd Weber is the actual best one.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Eltoasto posted:

Best character chat? Well all I can say is "Oh...hello"

Bring out the girls.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Why waste your time watching SNL when there are funnier things in so many other venues?

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
The first Thanksgiving special with a bunch of guests, which was also the premiere of Harris's Phone Corner, is still really good to listen to.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I'm assuming you're leaving out the most obvious one because he barely qualifies as a "guest" anymore. But you would also be wrong to leave out Gelman, Adomian, St. Clair and/or Parham, Besser, Pally, Galifleanakis, Campbell and Rust, and the list does indeed go on.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Dykeula was great. I missed the Suicide House atmosphere, which mostly comes from the extreme familiarity all the suicide house residents had with each other. There really were no misses this episode, but maybe just a sense of the missed opportunity to introduce some of these characters into Suicide House (i.e. Dr Rust, Dykeula).

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

crimedog posted:

I'm a Paul Rust fan, but I felt so relieved after everyone acknowledged his bit wasn't working.

Also, even though I've heard the first one, I was cracking up so hard at Monster gently caress Too.

Yeah, Paul Rust being silly was the obvious weak link here. Not Steven Yeun being a boring actor for 30 minutes.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
You know when PFT plays those characters he's still a person named PFT right? I find that their unique rapport remains evident even when PFT is in character.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Juttman posted:

I've just been getting more into CBB and holy poo poo is Jon Daly fun. Him as Mall McCartney is some of the funniest stuff I've ever heard

I was listening to that one today, and I loved his little laugh of realization before he sang "KB you can drive my toys"

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Quite right. His lack of professionalism really diminished my enjoyment of Comedy Bang Bang.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I didn't even realize the Kroll had started (5 weeks ago). Sorry Nick. The Andy Daly podcast is sublime and I can't wait to watch this show.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
The Wompler-verse is gold because you can tell it's an outlet for Jessica St Clair to reference everything she remembers about pop culture when she was in high school.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
The band members are pretty hilarious, don't worry.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I hope James is the next hidden CBB master to get an all access pass to comedy stardom.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Jerry Minor coming to the CBB show! The podcast too hopefully.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I enjoy the Womplerverse enough, but all I need is Listler when we get Wompler.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Yeah, Weardon is the best. Wompler has made me laugh a lot too, but she was on fire with her brand of nonsense today.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I don't like when any of the episodes have a prescribed feel, like this and last TB, but you people voted that one the best CBB of 2000 whatever. Still funny, but the show is clearly at its best with absurdist cut-ins and things that Scott doesn't expect and reacts to.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
This episode got funnier as it got more meta and silly. Anyways, it can't be worse than "fine" with these guests.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I want Jon Daly to really get drunk one of these times, when he plays one of his drunken characters.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
The 420 improv4humans is still amazing, even though I listened too it to much already.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
That reminds me, Mike Still is really sharp every time he's on too, e.g. the intern episode with Zach Woods.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I thought Wengert's ridiculous character would be perfect for a 5 minute improv4humans scene, and I'm fine with Adomian but there's not much he can do to wow me with the same characters.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Beeez posted:

Shelby Orangina and Arthur Steinborn would beg to differ. But I haven't listened to this one yet, what is this new character supposed to be?

Telling you would ruin 100% of the humor of it.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Okay, he starts out as a low-effort facsimile of the kind of media personalities who lament the decline of traditionally masculine men, but then based on a couple things he says he becomes a duck.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
James Adomian is so funny when he does the voracious and evil gay phase of his characters. I'll take it every time.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
In case you haven't listened to the plugs section of this week's (decent) CBB, :siren: new Analyze Phish this week!

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I miss Cyberthug.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
You got it

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

JethroMcB posted:

Too many people, too many characters.

But those are the best episodes.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Does Scott ask Harris's question this episode?

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Gary Gygax and Tolkein are very good too, and their references shouldn't go over your head I assume. Other than Adomian's ridiculous episode, Oscar Wilde and Tennessee Williams were really good too.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I thought Natasha Lyonne was surprisingly funny, whoever she is.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Gelman! I hope Scott isn't too mad after last year's non-suicide house Halloween episode, but this is the right decision.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Eltoasto posted:

Earwolf just tweeted this out :getin:

Looks like there's a new EOTY.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I don't get why. I also don't understand how you can keep all the episodes of the year in your head anyway; maybe the next ones are funny and deserve it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I never got the hubbub about the second Adam Pally Bro episode being some egregious breach of character, that supposedly invalidated the funniness of it. Scott and PFT are big comedy nerds I think.