Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

Groucho Marxist posted:

Watch the episode with the gas station and caricature artist if you don't like that then there's no hope for your troubled soul.

Scott Aukerman had this on his list of top comedy things of that year, and he was correct. I've shown this to a bunch of fellow comedy nerds who never saw the show, and it always brings down the house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

CBB NYC on sale.

http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=4241164&pl=webconcerts

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

I'm visiting for Canadian Thanksgiving, have a Brooklyn food tour that ends at 1430, and will cab it over. Whatever it takes! Sounds like a neat venue.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Kinda impressive to see how widely reported his passing was.

Listening to that Foam Corner playlist from whatsuphotdog on youtube, and I'm laughing at everything.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Edit: never mind

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

mennoknight posted:

And this guy is now hosting the daily show. I sure have an eye for talent.

His episode of The Champs was a banger, pardon the off-topic.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

I've never bought anything advertised on a podcast but I remember seeing some statistic on the midroll site that said like 60% of their listeners have bought something through their ads which kinda blew my mind

I wonder if that counts things like podcast live shows and t-shirts for the shows you're listening to - not that those are wrong to count, but a different beast than Sheri's Berries.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Things like a copy of Ready Player One are actually better than I expected, but it's still not a service for me. Didn't realize they posted past crates, which is more transparency than I might have guessed.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

I'm from his hometown, so we used to go see his cable access shows / Comedy Network show tapings. His career arc was pretty bonkers.

Also used to see Jon Dore a lot around Ottawa at that time.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

It seemed like Jemaine was constantly baffled but having a great time playing along. I definitely wouldn't mind him hanging out with the Earwolf family more.

If you care for Pete Holmes, he was on You Made It Weird recently. Also a little baffled by Pete.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Dacap posted:

The new band leader for the TV show is Weird Al Yankovic

I'm back in.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

He only went off in that direction afterwards.

I'm a big YMIW fan, but only for guests in whom I have an interest. And whereas I can listen to comedians talk about some of the hippity dippity stuff a bit more than most, I don't try with the guests from that realm.

Still, Pete is fascinating, fun, and an insightful dude.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

We got Judd Apatow. Enjoyed CBB live a lot, and saw PFT and Scott at the Take My Wife premiere for Cameron Esposito. Asked a Seeso exec and he said they were trying to make it available in Canada for the end of the year.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

I like Cameron and Rhea, and I'd still say it exceeded my expectations. Wife wasn't that familiar with either but also liked it a lot.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

This article's headline is blatant false advertising, someone get Gelman on the case:

https://backchannel.com/an-exclusive-look-at-how-ai-and-machine-learning-work-at-apple-8dbfb131932b#.lfm28exb1

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Esposito' Take My Wife was screened at JFL Montreal (even though we don't get Seeso - an exec I asked said maybe by end of year) with a q+a including Cameron, Rhea, Scott, PFT, and Braunger.

I'd day it exceeded my expectations! Will watch it. It was sharp, and had a fresh POV.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

cams posted:

i do not think highly of nick thune's sense of humor

I liked getting an update on the audio recording he played last time, though.

It's too bad because Moshe is a favourite - at least his You Made It Weird last week was a great time.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

I think SPY does a token amount (Canadian currency joke here) too.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

What is SPY? That is not an easy acronym to Google.

The Todd Glass Show will give you as much weed as you can smoke.

Search through the Stop Podcasting Yourself archives for American comedians you recognize. It's a very lighthearted hang with two goofy Canadians, but this is a favorite. Charlie Demers also a pro-tier guest that you guys would never have heard of.

PFT's episodes of this show are very, very good and he genuinely likes the hosts and show.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

SpacePig posted:

I'd like an episode where any one of PFT's impersonations are actually on the show, but as somebody else, while PFT across the table is playing the CBB version of them.

There was an episode of a Canadian radio show called "The Debaters" where Andy Kindler and James Adomian were debating each other about the merits of Las Vegas, but James just started debating Kindler as his Kindler character, and it was well worth the price of admission.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

The Debaters taping would have been at JFL just before this, good find!

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

GimpChimp posted:

Tomorrow night I'm seeing a live show where Andy Daly takes audience questions in character, I believe as Dalton Wilcox, Don Dimelo and L. Ron Hubbard.

Does the thread hivemind have any burning questions to ask?? Ideally responses will be fit for an audience that will include non-listeners and will not deride me for enquiring, but do what you feel

Lucky! The Comedian’s Comedian podcast just interviewed Andy Daly about this show, so fans may want to check it out.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

is there foam

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

a pipe smoking dog posted:

The greatest period of podcast ads was either when earwolf suddenly had loads of adverts for burglar alarms or when uhh yeah dude was sponsored by entourage.

Unrelated, maybe off topic, but I guess ADT alarm systems have recently sponsored some podcasts here and there including a true crime one I listen to. They are doing a specific episode about the BTK killer who abused his job with ADT, mention that fact, break for a pre-recorded ADT ad a few minutes after, and never really deal with the obvious listener reaction.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Colonel Whitey posted:

Haha why did he delete that? It’s probably his best tweet

Tight race with the Joker tweet.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Do they get him to tell a harlequin to repent, at any point, in the movie or the ep?

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

They added Toronto for JFL42 plus a live Threedom (have they ever done that before?) and screening of Between Two Ferns with a Scott/Lauren q&a.

Very happy to catch a bunch at once.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Scott and Lauren are doing a screening and Q&A at JFL42 after a live Threedom and before a live CBB - will be neat to see it with them.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

They did a Q&A at JFL42 with Scott and Lauren, and it sounds like there was a lot about Zach's family, a Cam romance subplot, and a hotel talent show that Zach's team put together all cut from the final version.

Basically, test screening people wanted more interview and less plot.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

As another parent of a rainbow baby, I appreciated her sharing that.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Overcast for iOS is a king among kings.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

That said, his “what am I thinking” game moment was an all-time CDR highlight.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Ran into Langston Kerman in the streets of Montreal - complimented his overall body of work and he said CBB was hie favorite thing to do. Great dude!

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

I fell off listening to the show weekly but binging the live shows during a heat wave weekend and they are reawakening my love of this show.

Love their focus on getting shows out fast versus banking them for weekly release, and to CBB World generally for bringing back some of the original Earwolf value proposition.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Hyped about this CBB World crisis/multiverse trailer that just dropped.

quote:

But we're not content to just rest on our (plus-size) laurels! We have big plans for our second year, including a surprise or two (New CBB Presents concepts? New shows? 2014 tour dates? Only time will tell!).

For a sneak peek at one of the tricks we have up our sleeves, check the CBB PRESENTS feed for a teaser trailer featuring a host of your CBB faves! (Or just CLICK HERE to pass around for free.)

https://www.comedybangbangworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/CBB-WORLD-TRAILER-20220929.mp3

Piquai Souban fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Sep 29, 2022

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

The CBB signed book is live on Chapters, for Canadians.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

mennoknight posted:

iBrain, the single greatest moment in CBB history too.

If any podcast / thread latecomers missed this, please give yourself the gift of listening to it.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

I got Scott, PFT, and Andy Daly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Aunty Donna’s Coffee Cafe - thank you for tipping me off!