Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
If you guys haven't seen it, the Earwolf app is pretty great. It crashes all the time still, but it has lists of all the contributors and their episodes, so if you're a big Nick Kroll fan or whatever you can find all his stuff. Not by character, but I feel like that would be too insane.

One thing, though - there's an episode with WYR when Scott says "Send your scenarios to me on Twitter, but only when I ask for them" and Chupacabra goes "Why, are you printing them out?" and everybody dies laughing. It was pretty recent, like maybe in the 80-110 range, but I can't find it. Anyone have a clue?

e: This may be the episode with Goatron.

Also, the first time I heard iBrain I was doubled over laughing uncontrollably. I think that's the only time it's ever happened in my life. I was crying and my stomach and face hurt for the rest of the day. Brett Gelman is amazing

Blackula69 fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Oct 10, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Do people really not like Tig Notaro? Because she's the best ever. But if you google her, you see she has some weird stalker, and that's lame.

Hot tub foot?

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

I love Garry Marshall, and I don't think you need to know anything about him to get the jokes. His Bronx accent and the fact that he can never remember his own resume get me every time.

"I think I was on Your Show of Shows, or some other old-timey TV show."

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Aw, apparently yes: http://crushable.com/entertainment/comedian-brody-stevens-liveteets-a-manic-breakdown-nearly-gets-arrested/

Listening to podcasts really makes you identify with comedy people as real people. Like, Paul Scheer had a really loving rough childhood, and it makes something like what happened to Brody actually way more sad.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

He mentions it in passing on CBB, talks about it a little more on Who Charted, and his WTF is a must-listen (even though I hate Marc Maron a lot). His mom had a lot of problems, and she kept shacking up with terrible dudes. It's really weird for a guy who's so positive and has such a positive style of comedy to have such a dark, dark background.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

I don't think there are any guests on CBB that I don't really dig, I'm trying to think of someone I avoid.

But that League episode of CBB is one of the top-5 episodes, I love Nick Kroll so loving much.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Is Dropsy here?

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Bobby Malone posted:

Nick Swardson has the Harris Wittels disease where he has no idea which of his ideas are funny and which are not. It's just that his bad ideas are really loving bad.

Don't insult Wittels like that.

Also Swardson got a lot funnier when Paul's character came in, that was pretty good

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

he he, shamon, where's bubbles

No I'm sorry, that was President Barack Obama

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

I liked Heder a lot, he had no idea what was going on but he acquitted himself well. He's a super-nice Mormon guy who's pretty low-energy, it could've been a way bigger disaster. I liked him trying to avoid cursing

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Awwwwwwwwwww, Debra.

I liked his Ray Romano, but it was a one-joke impression

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

IT sucks that Cyberthug radio got taken off - I never heard the episodes, was it as good as the takeovers?

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Like that movie Taken

When is Mike Detective season 2 coming out? He teased it like a month ago

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Was about to post that. It's totally awesome.

I got the Christmas compilation but I noticed that it doesn't have "Santa's got a big dick" on it. I think I'm ashamed that I kind of want it, in its glorious horribleness

And the best part about bakin' a plain cake was how completely lost PFT was at the beginning of the bit

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

I laughed so hard I cried one time, I really try to avoid weed and CBB

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

SpacePig posted:

The Li'l Gary bit was definitely a low point in the episode (I have not heard an episode with him before, so maybe I'm missing something), but the rest of the episode is so great that it's honestly not worth complaining about.

Oh poo poo, that means you haven't heard iBrain

poo poo dude.

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/and-a-happy-new-year/

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

SpacePig posted:

The Li'l Gary bit was definitely a low point in the episode (I have not heard an episode with him before, so maybe I'm missing something), but the rest of the episode is so great that it's honestly not worth complaining about.

iBrain trip report, please. That whole episode is just beyond funny

And if you guys haven't heard Who Charted's christmas episode, it's totally amazing. It costs $3 but it's some of the best PFT of all time (non-character category)

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Is Dropsy here?

If you haven't checked out SuperEgo, it's great too

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

PEOPLE USE PLAY AND PERFORM AS SYNONYMS RARRRR

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

I love everything Andy Daly does, I could listen to that guy read the phonebook.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Yes

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

I love Tig & Professor Blastoff, and today's episode was actually pretty good. I guess if you don't like those two characters then you won't like it, but they had a great rapport with Tig and there's some nice stuff about Scott & Kulap that's actually sincere and cute.

Also I love Jukebox Jury

And if you don't love Andy Daly, I don't know what to tell you. I love everything he's ever done. His stuff on Improv4Humans is just amazing - "Really, the whole internet?"

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

NotWearingPants posted:

Is that real? really? C'mon, that's got to be a sound effect. If not, it's pretty amazing, even if it is just a clown horn impression.

Seriously? Yeah, it's totally real. That's why it rules

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

NotWearingPants posted:

Even if this isn't a troll, it just sounds too trolly to inspire any real annoyance.

It's like I'm enjoying a fine Belgian beer and WoG here just told me I'm going to lose my man card because I'm not drinking Miller Lite.

The thing I hate about that commercial is that they're saying "gay" but they can't say gay on TV.

Also Improv4Humans is great, I love how long it is because there's always something worthwhile even if it's a throwaway. They obviously edit it, so there's probably an extra 45 minutes every week that's lame

Also on CBB topic, how do I get MY GIRLFRIEND into Earwolf stuff? I feel like she'd like it - she loves adam scott and even the bit of wonder showzen that I showed her - but it's hard to pick an entry point.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

It really depends on the character and who he's playing off. I think Jesse the Mind is the best one because he has so much backstory to build on, whereas Huell can just be a pain in the rear end

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Wifi? Becausefi

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

The guest list is amazing and the episode lives up to the billing. I love everything Matt Besser does

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

If you haven't heard the first Bjork bit, it's one of the best in the history of the show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLDIKsWmSKw

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Holy poo poo are you serious

Impressions don't have to be (and shouldn't be) 100% accurate. It's called an impression for a reason - it's supposed to be a facsimile. And listen to the old Bjork thing I linked, you crazy person

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Do you like money?

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

I think it's just a pastiche of the creepiest stereotypes of directors, taken to the next level. I think Andy Daly's stuff is all original

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

I like Greg Proops a lot, but in small doses. I thought he was fine today, and I think PFT just couldn't come up with a good pun in time

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Groucho Marxist posted:

Comedy Central picked up Andy Daly's pilot :woop:

Awesome!!!

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

I thought it was only okay, although I liked PFT a whole lot.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

holy shiiiiiiiiiiiit

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

I think he even did a full episode once, but I can't remember which one

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Maybe that's what I'm thinking of. Abandon sex!

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

So when you get into trouble, will you send in your girls?

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

It's $8 for all three, even though two of them are available through non-earwolf means. And if they sell a bunch they'll probably do more. So buy it, it's cheaper than an album

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Sarah was on CBB right after it got picked up, I think that was her last appearance. I'm not crazy about her, but I'm really excited for it