Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
Seth Morris is super tall, it's weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

It weirds me out that he talks a lot faster in AN, I don't like it as much

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

I think they actually require a bit of preparation and he just hasn't had the time.

And yes, I really hope Who Said It? comes back. The Andy Richter one is hilarious

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Becausefi

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

PFT or Andy Daly, they bring it every time. Adomian is up and down

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

I didn't realize the third anniversary was next week. I can't wait!

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Can #1 just be Andy Daly

of course number nose is the ghost of the R2D2 cake

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

You don't have $18?

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Touché

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

SpacePig posted:

Farts and Procreation is an abosulte must, as it gives you a great primer for Harris Wittels. It is the episode that made me get into CBB, and I still love his Jack from the Lumber Yard bit.
I think the thanksgiving episode with Pardo and Cera where he premieres foam corner is an all-time classic

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

I love Professor Blastoff, it's really different from CBB but still awesome in its own way.

And the fact that kyle and Sarah are dating actually blows my mind.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Listen to ben's stuff on improv4humans too, Besser takes perverse delight in provoking him

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Ice Ben Schwartz still has a show

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

UP AND ADAM posted:

Alright Tim Heidecker, you have no excuse to not be funny on this episode. This is your last chance!!

I heard about 45 seconds and I turned it off. I'll try again later, but gently caress Tim Heidecker on everything but his own show (and even then it's pretty lovely a lot of the time)

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Harm Barn Gumshoe posted:

Deliberately throwing the brakes on a conversation is funny every so often but Tim seems to do it all the time on every podcast he's on. The Jenga thing (that he interrupted Jon Daly's introduction for) for example was just unrescuable.

I hate this so much every time he does it.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

I rescind all of m previous comments about this episode.

Andy daly cracking up the entire room was gold. Also Tim saying "I love that character"

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

I know exactly what he's doing and 95% of the time it sucks. Oh man, an unlistenable podcast, what a funny idea.

His stuff is often more interesting when you read about it versus actually experiencing it. I'm a smart, savvy comedy consumer. I'm in on the joke. But it doesn't make it any more tolerable

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

But yeah he was as good as I've ever heard him on the podcast today. And even he broke at the "president Clinton" thing

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Lamuella posted:

The moment Tim came on and I got what his gimmick was going to be, I skipped the rest of the episode. I get it, I just find it loving ruins everything it touches. Probably the same reason I can only tolerate Tim & Eric is 5 minute doses.

You made a mistake. I skipped to the beginning of the Woody story (like 20 minutes) and the rest of the episode is pretty amazing, if only because they're having a shitload of fun.

It's really worth it

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Ugh, whenever I eat too much, in addition to feeling terrible, I get "I ate too much I feel so sick, I wanna take a bite of your turkey drumstick" stuck in my head. drat you Scotty Auks. :argh:

I have this too! It's bizarre.

Also:
The Bugle, You Look Nice Today, Superego, The Pod F Tompkast

Answer Me This has its moments, it's done by the sister of one of the guys who does the Bugle. And even if it's a lame episode they're mostly 30 minutes long so it's good

e: Also Sklarboro Country is really funny (aside from a lot of the characters) even if you're not into sports. But if you're even tangentially interested in sports it's incredible.
And even if you're not into sports, you HAVE to listen to the Tom Lennon Sklarboro Country. You know who the other guest is? THE PRODUCER OF HOARDERS
I have never watched that show and nothing is funnier than Tom Lennon losing his mind at all the gross stuff the guy keeps talking about. It's funny and incredible

Also Professor Blastoff might be one of my favourite podcasts. And to the guy who's just catching up - there's one three weeks ago that is one of the most emotionally affecting podcasts I've ever heard.

Blackula69 fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Jun 7, 2012

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Also they discuss whether they would rather be friends with an artist or listen to their music. Earbuds or we're buds.

And they don't always do top 40 so you get some insane poo poo like A Winter Fairy's Melting a Snowman and then Howard makes an insane rap about it

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

Is that the flatcats ep? God that was great.

I gave it to my friend when she drove from Ottawa to Edmonton and she said she loved it to bits. And she hates sports!

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Also, while we're making recommendations, maybe try getting into sports because they're a lot of fun.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Conduit for Sale! posted:

For me it's less charm than it is utterly the opposite of charm.
It's not like a top 40 review podcast, that would be terrible. It's two people trying to keep up with the charts, one of whom is one of the weirdest individuals to ever walk the earth

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

soggybagel posted:

Adam Pally is funny as gently caress. One of the funniest people I've ever seen in person. Was hilarious on CBB and I about crashed my car from laughing when he dropped the Charles Rocket line.

I saw him at Assscat in April and he was hilarious. He kills on Improv4Humans this week too.

Is Happy Endings any good?

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

TunnelBear.com.

Thank me later. (although I don't know if it'll work but it owns for streaming american stuff)

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Whoa, that's a real thing? I guess I heard about it before but I never bothered to look it up

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

what, in the ghost house or whatever? It's amazing and there's an amazing rap coming up

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Pretty sure Kroll is straight, I think they made jokes about him picking up tons of chicks on one episode

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Wow, this is actually a totally amazing episode

e: and lol at the reaction on the Earwolf message boards, people don't get it

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

I'm 26 years old and I know who Tony Clifton is. There was even a movie about it!

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Yeah but it was like 2 out of the first 5 people that commented.

I like the stories, but I've consciously avoided Tony Clifton until now because I found him tired and hacky. But the episode was great, maybe because of that

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

I'm sure Man on the Moon is on Netflix Instant by now.

Tony is a character created by Bob Zmuda and Andy Kaufman. Zmuda kept it up for a while after Andy died, and now he's back.

It goes a lot deeper than that - he's so much more than just a character - but yeah, that's pretty much it

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Also the episode is really funny so you're missing out for no reason.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Predator is a great film and has one of the best scripts ever.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

will you be a vessel

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

I'm ticked that they're not doing a live show at JFL Montreal.

sup Ottawa buddy

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

PFT is doing a series of Montreal shows featuring different people each night so that's pretty cool. Also they're doing a live Sklarboro Country

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Loudon Wainwright is totally amazing. Spend some time youtubing his stuff if you like wistful folk music. the Charlie Poole Project was great stuff.

also spend some time listening to his kids' songs about what an awful father he was, also great listening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

I'm glad they brought back "Who Said It?"

also it's foley artist