Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
From what I understand, it was more that Auckerman and someone else were joint creators of Comedy Death Ray, and they had a bit of a falling out, so Auckerman switched the name to make it his own project.

e: That someone else was B.J. Porter. Wikipedia has no information regarding the name change other than the fact that it happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Politicalrancor posted:

I Do NOT eat meat

code:
DO YOU CHEW GUM?
e: This was seriously the only aprt of Chelsea's shtick that I found funny, and it was only because Adam, Harris and Scott interjected.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Which episode was the Irish guy telling poems?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Seth Morris looks exactly the way I imagine Bob Ducca would. Wow.

Also, they likely will be premium episodes. Not sure if I'll buy them if they don't have Paul F. Tompkins.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I'd never heard that character before, and now I hope to never hear him again. The voice itself was interesting and comical, but he didn't really do much with it. There's not much one can do with disgusting food bits.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

The Senator Giroux posted:

I'm sorry, the floor has not been opened for questions. I'm gonna have to dock you points.

Could you open it, please? I dropped my hat under there.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I think I'll vote for the 15-minute disclaimer scenario.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Does the lack of characters mean that the real-world versions of the current characters being to appear on the show?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

The_Rob posted:

I have my answer.

Oh, please. Don't vote yet. The floor for questions is still open.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
In the "No characters" scenario, does that also apply to Bob Ducca, who now has his own podcast, or to the characters portrayed by Paul F. Tompkins, who also exist in his own podcast?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I'm convinced he didn't release it just because of that game. Holy poo poo what a waste of time.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
It sounds sort of familiar, but for some reason I think it may have been a Jukebox Jury submission.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Groucho Marxist posted:

"Reggae Tony is my weed dealer" got the biggest laugh out of me

Harris showing up in the first place made the episode for me. Not that the rest was bad, but Harris is probably my favorite guest after PFT.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Also, it's Jack S'Junior, not Bob. I'm starting to suspect that no much thought was put into this list.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Are you happy, burmart? Is this what you wanted?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Fil5000 posted:

I give all these lists mustard covered pants. I'm off now to throw myself out of a ground floor window twenty times.

"It's me! The Irish guy who writes poems! So long!"

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Cacahuate posted:

That lady sure likes playing 5 minute long songs.

I think that was my only problem with this one. Her songs weren't necessarily bad, but they were hella long. I skipped every one past the first one after it was the same line over and over again for about a minute.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
How does he come up with his nicknames anyway? The only one I know the origin of is "Hot Saucerman", and that's only because I happened upon it listening to old Harris episodes.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Adam Scott tweeted a couple days ago that there's going to be a Sjunior/Pieces/Peretti reunion on CBB soon. :aaaaa:

I could do without Peretti unless it means the return of Adam Scott doing Persephone the android, but this has me legitimately excited.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I think my favorite was when he introduced himself as Skit to Werzer Herzog. I wish PFT had stuck with that the whole episode.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Scott used my catchphrase! I only just submitted it this week, but I guess he liked it! I really like Jason Mantzoukas, too, so this was a good episode.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Poopy Palpy posted:

Jesus, dude, how long did that take to write?

The better part of an hour, as I am not an accurate typist. I'm glad he let the guests speak before they were introduced so it could work.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Farts and Procreation is an abosulte must, as it gives you a great primer for Harris Wittels. It is the episode that made me get into CBB, and I still love his Jack from the Lumber Yard bit.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I haven't listened to today's yet, but he and Eric Wareheim were pretty funny when they were on together and doing their popcorn.com shtick

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
The only time I really felt that Tim held the show back was that Jengo thing. I mean, the character isn't even introduced yet and your stepping on his toes already.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

I didn't get to finish this week's episode yet (the file somehow got corrupted mid-playback), so I'm sorry if this was answered in Plugs, but are there going to be any other guests besides Tim Heidecker and James Adomian?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I remember not liking that at first, either, but it's good by the end, I swear.
~Thuithide Houth~

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Lugaloco posted:

Looks like our favorite former Governor of Minnesota has branched out to Al Jazeera: http://youtu.be/Bwreyjr3Hr4?t=2m48s

There are a lot of characters on CBB that I know are real people, but that I've never heard speak before, like Huell Howser or Cake Boss. Ventura was one of them. Holy hell does Adomian have him down well.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I was gonna go to the Philly show, but I'll be down the shore that day. I'll be going to a PFT show that weekend, though.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Sonictic posted:

Just learned how to make a .gif and practiced on tonight's CCBtv episode. That thread is dead so hey I'll post it here.

Well maybe you should've posted it there to try and revive it, silly!

e: That said, it's very well done, and actually pretty impressive how well it loops.

SpacePig fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jun 30, 2012

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Going into this epsiode having not really having idea who anyone on the list was, I found this week's to be pretty entertaining. Amy Phillips needs to work on some more interesting, or at least distinct (her Liza Minelli was great), characters, but she was pretty good for the most part. Andy was a hoot, and Loudoun's music was alright. Good episode overall.

Also, I managed to get two consecutive chatchphrases! I didn't even know that could happen!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I'm often playing a game while listening, so backing out and losing whatever progress I had is normally far more trouble than just sitting through the ads. I don't mind the LegalZoom ones since Scott's doing them and he changes them up often enough, but the Pepsi Next one has been there for a few weeks now and it's been the same one every time. It's also in improv4humans and I assume every other Earwolf podcast.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Poopy Palpy posted:

My favorite thing about plugs is that sometimes the wierdo who has been annoying for an hour leaves the room and talented comedian Paul F.Tompkins comes by to delight us all.

This is absolutely unprecedented. But I'll allow it.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Mob posted:

FARTS AND PROCREATION PART TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OH NOOO! THIS IS THE WORST WEEK TO NOT HAVE A LUNCH BREAK!

Now I have to wait forever to listen to it! I'm excited, though.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Kings Gold posted:

Man no way Wittels would use that improv takeback (OTB.) You can hear him hesitate and then just say gently caress it: "The eight year old is...enh, the mother"

About the tour, On the Who Charted with Nick Thune, Kulap mentioned she's going to a wedding in Vancouver in August, hopefully the Aug 10 show isn't just filler to pay for the trip from Philly the day before. Tickets are only 20$, how much are the other venues going for?

The Philly show is also $20. I was surprised at the price as well, and am upset that I will be down the shore when the show comes around.

This episode was pretty great. I, too, am upset at the lack of a Foam Corner, but just having Adam Scott on with Harris again was more than enough for me.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

indigi posted:

Once I heard Tim Heidecker was gonna be on the Philly show all desire to buy a ticket evaporated. gently caress :(

Tim Heidecker is at every show, from what I understand, along with James Adomian. But Paul F Tompkins is doing a solo show the next 2 days after the CBB show somewhere else in Philly, so I think it's safe to assume he will be at the CBB show as well.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I don't mind Tim so long as he's not stepping on the toes of the other guests. He was great when he was on with Eric since they have the same style and everything, but the episode where he was on to help announce the tour felt long and kinda forgettable since the show had to stop every few minutes for him to say some dumb thing.

I would hope he's better on stage with so many different people. Or that he's not on stage at all and is only involved because it's technically a tour for the TV show, and Abso-lutely is his company.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Auritech posted:

No, Bob Odenkirk says on today's CBB that no one was really into doing it and the conversations meandered way too much, so basically all we'll ever hear of it are the three sketches on the episode.

I actually really liked those sketches, and they kind of reminded me of SuperEgo in a way. If they just wanted to do a show of just skits, and release them every month or so, I'd really be on board.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I really love Bob Obenkirk on this show. I finally got around to listening to the last half-hour fo the show, and the first attempt at that knock-knock joke absolutely slayed me, and I couldn't tell you why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Is that out on DVD/BD yet? I want to see it so bad.

This looks like it, and I am ordering it right now.