Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
I thought Jon Heder was really game and fun on this episode. He actually got into the features and it was kind of :3: hearing him try to edge around blue humor. I kind of wish they would have done a would you rather, I think he would have been great for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

dev286 posted:

I was laughing like a drat fool while walking down the street today... Andy Daly kills me every goddamn time. First Don Demello, "Hot Dog"... now Chip Gardner... Holy poo poo.

When Chip slips in "Hail Satan" just like that...Jason losing it... Scott and Jason telling Chip to shut the gently caress up repeatedly and then reconciling two seconds later. You can hear the sheer joy of improv right then and there.

Also "Ford Wheel Drive"

Maybe I'm being a little too dramatic but seriously good times.

I heart CBB.

Edit: Also Chip ordering a "Side by Side" on the secret menu at In N Out.

This is seriously an amazing episode, one of the best ever.

Think I'm going to clip out that "Terrific!" at the end and use it for text alerts on my phone or something, it was goddamn magical.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Loved hearing Paul Giamatti beg for Bitcoin donations during this week's commercial :swoon:

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

plastered quack posted:

Part of me wants to be a contestant on "Who said it?" for two reasons:

To hear Scott's Michael Jackson insane impersonation,
and to correctly guess it's President Obama.

I really want him to ask that one to a PFT or someone like that who actually listens to the show, just to see if Scott would give them the point if they said Obama or if he would switch it on them.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Finally got around to listening to this week's show, and it was really great. Also, "Christopher Rock" was the first song I've heard from the Christmas CD that was any good :ohdear:

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

No Ticket posted:

edit: looks like their pilot got picked up by IFC http://aspecialthing.com/forum/f42/comedy-bang-bang-gets-picked-up-ifc-23112/

The second program IFC plans to announce is a comedy talk show called "Comedy Bang! Bang!" based on the podcast of the same name by comedian Scott Aukerman. "Comedy Bang! Bang!", which is being produced by Abso Lutely Productions, is described by network insiders as a highly unrealistic version of a variety show—a mixture of Pee-wee Herman and Dick Cavett that will feature celebrity guests, comedy sketches, animation and music. The show's "bandleader" will be comedian Reggie Watts.

drat, this sounds amazing.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

CBB posted:

Guest: Never look at your vagina in a mirror.
Scott: My vagina is a vampire, so that is not a problem for me.
is like my favorite CBB quote of all time.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

I really like Tim and Eric and I enjoyed this one all the way through :ohdear: Dr. Bronner wasn't as funny as Huell Howser or Jesse Ventura (or even Alan Rickman), but he was about as good as a Paul Giammati.
The popcorn.com stuff at the beginning and honorarium stuff at the end were the highlights for me, I think.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Its always so :3: when PFT shows up on whatever podcast and has obviously listened to it, the hosts have such a happy, surprised reaction. Its otherwise a pretty lovely podcast, but his appearance on Totally Laime is a really good example of this.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Holy poo poo, this is going to be amazing.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

caveman thug poo poo posted:

Yesssssss thank you for this.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Just saw this on Facebook, go vote for CBB!
http://www.thecomedyawards.com/categories/viewers-choice/comedy-podcast/?xrs=nominee
You don't have to sign up or anything, it only take a second.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

The episode is not really bad at all compared to some of the worst ones, I think he just didn't want people to go "Ugh, Ed Helms is just a bad guest I guess" when he would probably be great on the show with a better situation.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

Seth's Gelman impression was incredible though.

YES, it was so totally spot-on, I'd love to hear more of that, or get both of them together, maybe get Gelman to take a crack at Bob Ducca.

Really I'm glad that Scott gave that intro. If I had heard that episode without it I would have been a little disappointed that Ed Helms is maybe not as funny as I thought he was.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Who is giving these disclaimers in the first scenario?

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Fil5000 posted:

I'd like to ask, in the disclaimer scenario, is Leonard Nimoy delivering his disclaimer in character, and if so, is it as Spock or as The Great Paris?

Maybe he's singing it a'la "Ballad of Bilbo Baggins"

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Poopy Palpy posted:

No, but you are the ghost of the kid who died on the set.

I think you mean the cardboard cutout.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

jimcunningham posted:

After that disclaimer I got scared. After two minutes of Helms I fast forwarded to WYR. Should i actually listen to it?
It got better as it went but no, you probably didn't really miss anything.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Its a little weak compared to the last one. I think they probably picked it for ~STAR POWER~ rather than comedy. I still can't wait to see this show.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Does anyone remember hearing a song played during one of the breaks some time ago that was to the tune of One of Us by Joan Osborne, only the lyrics were changed to "What if Todd were one of us?" and it was about Todd Glass? I want to say Aimee Mann did it, and I thought it might have been on one of the Christmas CDs but I'm having a hard time finding those. Also I hope it actually happened and is not just something I hallucinated in some kind of wonderful dream. It was incredibly goofy but sung very earnestly and I loved it.

I remember this too, but I think it was Todd Barry and not Todd Glass though. No idea which episode or album it's from :downs:

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

My musical tastes just don't match up to Scott's at all, so unless its a comedy music act the episodes with live music are my least favorites.
Also, I know Scott pulls him in for the celebrity factor, but Zach Galifianakis is probably my least favorite guest. He always has that phoning it in, doing you a favor attitude. He still has his funny moments but I'd trade them in for basically anyone else.
Of course, this episode had so many other amazing appearances it couldn't be brought down, even with both of these things going on.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Adam Scott tweeted a couple days ago that there's going to be a Sjunior/Pieces/Peretti reunion on CBB soon. :aaaaa:

YES

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Lamuella posted:

I like Jason Mantzoukas a lot, but he suffers from the same thing Jordan Morris does: sometimes when he delivers a one liner, all you can hear is how incredibly amused he is with his own joke, rather than hearing the joke itself.

I definitely get what you mean, but I think Jason earns it a lot more than Jordan does. That's my least favorite part of Jason showing up on CBB but I still get excited when I see he's going to appear. He's really great at escalating improv when he's on with a character.

That said, I'm glad they didn't try to push Saul Goodman into crazy "every Andy Daly character committing suicide" territory. He's the comic relief of Breaking Bad, but he's still a semi-real person on there, and I'm glad they kept that intact.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

I really liked the episode. Reggie's movie trailer in particular was spot on.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Comedy Bang Bang: I'm not wearing a wig

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Here's my favorite Reggie Watts song from the podcast.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8WR8gOAOgQ

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Trujillo posted:

I love this one, and I don't think you need much background info here. The title says it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9xvdD5B2T4

The first time I heard this episode I thought it was the real John C Reilly :ohdear:

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/03/arts/television/comedy-bang-bang-scott-aukerman.html
The writer obviously just listened to a few episodes with guests he's heard of, but otherwise it's a pretty good article. I can't wait to hear more about this Nerd Poker show the article mentions!

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Here's another TV show article, from the LA Times this time:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2012/06/scott-aukerman-talks-about-bringing-comedy-bang-bang-to-ifc.html
Nothing too revelatory, but the picture is pretty great :allears:

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Probably the best Reggie Watts songs on the podcast ever.
I almost said Andy Daly was kind of a snooze on this one, but then I remembered the daycare bit. Don Dimello really needs a guest who will ask him a lot of questions, which is not Tim Heidecker's thing at all. I like Tim on the show and the Star Trek improv thing was really funny, just not a good fit with Don Dimello.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

The Punisher: War Zone episode of How Did This Get Made is really cool. The actual director of the movie is on with Patton Oswalt to talk about it.

And like everyone else said, if you like CBB then definitely listen to improv4humans.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

NotWearingPants posted:

Either I must have missed some Jessica St. Clair episodes or she gets a hell of a lot of mileage out of one mildly humorous appearance back when it was still called Comedy Death Ray.

You missed I think 2 more appearances, but even that first one was really great so I think your opinion might be running counter to Lamuella's.

If they wanted to do an Earwolf Presents with her I'd listen to it and probably love it, but really I'd just like to hear her on CBB some more because I love how she and Scott bounce off each other.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Auritech posted:

Kinda too late for that.

Edit: Best Friends Forever wasn't really that good and its lead in show was the Betty White prank show which consisted of old people saying weird things to young people.

Yeah, I decided to try watching it once. I remembered about it in the middle of the Betty White show, so I gave that a shot. It was seriously just old people pretending they knew young people and the young people thinking they were dealing with a person suffering from senility. I turned it off and then forgot to come back for BFF :(

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Chupacabra owns and I am sad every time he ends up doing something else on CBB.
I didn't really like his special on Netflix all that much though.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

What these guys are saying is if you like CBB and want to listen to another podcast, go check out Superego. CBB is still my favorite thanks to being weekly rather than monthly and the amazing highs it can reach, but to me Superego is the most consistently great podcast out there.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

I wish they were coming anywhere in Michigan :( I considered the Chicago show but it would be such a pain in the neck I decided against it. I can't really blame them, but it would have been really convenient for me!

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Man, I love Andy Kindler so much. Him getting mad about "Who said it?" cracked me up.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

I hope we get a part 3 next year :allears: One of those episodes where my wife was asking me if I would be all right I was laughing so hard in places.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

indigi posted:

I have watched several episodes of Tim and Eric poo poo. High on different drugs, drunk, and sober. I don't think you'd use up one hand counting the amount of times I laughed out loud. I've never made such a concerted effort to enjoy a comedian/comedic team before - most of my friends went to Temple so I was surrounded by it for a while and really, really tried to get into them. But it didn't take. Nothing they do is funny, and I just want to fight them. I hate Tim as a podcast guest, universally. I'm so not this guy, but if I was in high school with those dudes I would have such a strong urge to bully them till they transferred.

I like Tim and Eric so if I was in your imaginary high school I would tie your shoelaces together in study hall, you'd fall over and look like a real dumrod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

I thought Jerrod was really funny on this episode. He probably was a little intimidated, and maybe doesn't have as much of a background in improv (I have no idea about this), but he got to do plenty of funny things.