Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
There's a live CBB on VPN right now . . . not sure if everyone knows about it and that's why there's no activity in this thread. Just noticed PFT tweeting about it and thought I'd check it out (never watched a live one before).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

cams posted:

You're Gil.

Gonna have to listen to this episode again. Right now. Ladies Love Cool Jason Alexander.

Are you saying I got grifted? For ten large?

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

I watch almost every episode of SNL and I enjoy most of it. It is a good show with many friends of the show like Bobby Moynihan and Andy Samberg.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Fil5000 posted:

Aidy Bryant was consistently great last season. It was a pretty good run in general - the only recurring bit that needs to gently caress off is The Californians as its a 30 second joke at best.

I love the Californians, but i'm pretty sure the bit hosed itself off considering all the main characters are gone

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Illinois Smith posted:

I'll settle just for Tig. She hasn't been on the podcast for more than 100 episodes. :(

She was on one of the two Montreal episodes you get upfront when you buy the package for the tour.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

urk the quack posted:

They're pretty similar voice-wise, and I guess comedy wise too, which is why I still love their shrinking ray bit they did when Todd Barry co-hosted.

It's so drat silly it's great.

Hey guys, there's some more bullshit going on in my lab.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

PFT only hosted CBB/CDR once, it was with Superego guys and Kaitlin Olson. He also sings "How Soon Is Now" on that episode so it's definitely worth a listen.

Todd did tell a story about his dog dying once (I think Sarah Silverman was there), but he's been on a few times and he's always a fun guest in my book. His best appearance is probably him and Marisa Wompler.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Greggy posted:

I hope the guy that got Jineane didn't kidnap them too.

Guy you say. . .

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

I've really liked all four live episodes (tig episode was good, Todd glass and Andy kinder was great, Andy Daly and pft was great, and Benson and pft was good) and I'm going to the Boston show so I'm hoping the steak continues. I hope we get a great guest to work with pft in Boston (Mantzoukas, Moynihan, or Schwartz are my dream guests). I definitely think it's worth the twenty five bucks but I'm a die hard fan and like pretty much every episode.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

GraPar posted:

Can't believe Scott forgot that Charles Barkley hosted SNL when Nirvana played it, after his dead grandmother found it so important that he remember that episode.

There's also the episode WITH Charles Barkley where they briefly talk about that SNL episode.

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/tall-napoleon/

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Paul Rust and Neil Campbell are probably my two favorite guests, I wish they were on every week. Puns and silliness are my favorite styles of CBB.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Would you say 'gently caress you' if your parents were here?
I'd say it if YOUR parents were here

That line killed me for some reason. Only made it to the godfather 4 segment but I liked everything so far.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Best episode this year is a horse race between 4th anniversary and Wompler Pool Party, leaning towards 4th anniversary. Nothing else really comes close to those two for me.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

If I can sway anyone's votes I'd like to offer up Two Thumbs and Not Much Else with Ben Schwartz and Warner Herzog. Great episode and it has the amazing song Skid Row from Little Shop of Horrors with some crazy added jingle at the end.

I feel like we need a Ben Schwartz and Jason Mantzoukas episode.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

I loved Lapkus on today's show, especially when she tried to take over WYR and Scott had to remind her that he had all the answers and he was the host, and she lost it for like two minutes.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Man. Brenden Small was SO loving FUNNY as those two characters. Solid earlier bits with Garbus and Birbigs, too. I haven't laughed that hard at new CBB characters in a while. Immediately one of my best of the year, which sucks, since it probably isn't eligible until next year, right?

The polls opened like a week ago, it ends with Will Forte's episode

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

If 4th anniversary is out, what's winning? Time Bobby 2? F&P3? Wompler pool party?

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

I really liked today's ep, it was so silly. All the math problems, the horse births and funerals, it was great.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Mantzoukas, Rust, Campbell and PFT are basically my top four CBB guests out of everyone (and always have the best bro hangs with Scott) but Lapkus killed it this episode and outshone them all.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

VagueRant posted:

Is she any good in Oranges: The New Black? I'm still on the fence about that show.

She plays her role perfectly well but she barely has any screen time (or much character) in season one.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

I really expected more posts about Solo Bolo, I'm already pegging it for episode of the year and is already one of my all time faves. It's like Two Thumbs turned up to eleven.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

I didn't love this one as much as the first two but the Sir ALW peeing in his own mouth bit was hilarious and pretty much made the whole episode for me.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

ArtVandelay posted:

Also when he was Fagen Platt and had a hilarious interplay with Jenny Slate involving them kissing on top of a mountain and accidentally committing incest.

I love the Fagen Platt episode, it's really underrated. "The Vlassic pickle stork!?"

Lapkus killed it again today, I hope her upcoming superstardom doesn't keep her from doing the podcast.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

bowser posted:

It's getting harder and harder to believe these ads aren't for joke products. Has anyone tried out the monthly sock and dog treat subscription services?

I tried the sock thing for a month since I could use the 50% promo of BANG BANG. They were pretty cool socks. 11 bucks a month for one pair isn't really in my wheelhouse though.

I thought this episode was really funny, it was mostly Scott carrying the humor in the first half though. The whole Noel Gallagher and the watermelons bit where he just kept going was great. And I really liked the slow duck reveal.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

You're a real ditz dunce!
You're Dunst!

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

I don't particularly like Weird Al as a podcast guest either. He seems like a nice guy and some of his music is pretty clever, but I don't think I've ever really enjoyed him on CBB.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

And his partner, a rapping android named Oil Slick 2.0.

I mean, it's equally as plausible as some salesman

If you ask me, that sounds about as good as Hamlet

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

When is Lapkus getting her own Earwolf show already, she's the best.

Anyone who doesn't like this episode probably hasn't been listening since the original Hollywood Facts recording thus not able to appreciate what an amazing callback it was and you aren't a REAL FAN like people who liked it.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Urk! posted:

Yeah, if you're worried at all about missing something and wanting a simple intro DAP I'd start with the Ben Franklin episode.

This is still by far my favorite episode, and the episode I'm always hoping the next one will be like.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

People complaining about PFT in this thread, what the drat hell

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

I love Naturebox, it doesn't really seem that overpriced to me?? Four bucks a bag for nuts is pretty normal around here.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

I really enjoyed today's episode. Paul Brittain pretty much carried the whole thing by himself and it was a ridiculous premise, and a lot of the jokes seemed really obvious (Mike Explosione Sr. selling basically zero trampolines and being open 24/7, while his brother was successful) but it was still hilarious.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Punch Card posted:

Are we supposed to be in character?

You're the ditz Dunst!

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

The Sean and Hayes ad is right around 31 min in if anyone wants to get right to it like I did.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

By my math that's about 1.9 million downloads per episode for Hollywood Handbook

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

HH has become so popular in this thread that we're now experiencing the classic SA popularity backlash??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

I don't know that ad free podcasts are enough to get me to switch to a subscription model when I can still listen to the shows with ads, and the ads are typically non offensive. Paul Scheer does annoying ads, Scott does decent to good ads, and HH does hilarious ads. I think the only way I'm going to start paying is if I can't get the shows any other way, and that's a huge gamble for them to take.