Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I've really enjoyed scott hasn't seen. Its pretty interesting on how scott can generally guess most of the plot just from his experience as a writer.

The ego episode was weird but it's hard to do an episode when the guest didn't watch the movie.

Also threedom is the funniest pod to me. They have a great manic energy together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

Franchescanado posted:

The part that stuck out at me (I'm as pedantic as Rodgers, so I'm on his side), is when Sprague said "We asked you to recommend boxing movies and you're only listing documentaries", to which Ben responds "Well, to me, Documentaries ARE movies."

Maybe it's silly, but that's a pretty strong framing for Scott Hasn't Seen. It's all been kinda lovely popcorn movies, which is fine and fun and has it's place. It is ironic that Sprague harped on Rocky IV for being simple and shallow, but will also not consider a documentary a movie. And it's not like any of the movies he's picked have been anything but shallow and simple.

I would like Scott to force Sprague to watch an art-house film.

I think the majority of Scott hasn't seen yet have been popcorn movies is because when they had originally come out, Scott was watching artsy fartsy stuff. I'm sure there's a bunch of obscure stuff the Scott hasn't seen, but I also wonder how interesting it would be for the audience if they have no reference for it either.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

Ainsley McTree posted:

is threedom something you can just jump into, or do you need to start from the beginning to keep up? I tried listening to a random episode and the first 10 minutes or so were so dense with what i assume are inside jokes and references to previous episodes that i found it a bit impenetrable, but maybe I just got unlucky and picked a bad one to start with

I started listening sometime this year, and there definitely are some running jokes, but I think it was pretty easy getting into it. A fairly recent episode titled boop was absolutely hilarious, so maybe give that one a listen to

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm upset that no one is using Potato's full name: Ugums.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I can't tell if what I loved more, Dr Sweetchat or Scotts reaction to him.

My one cbb complaint is when Scott immediately dislikes a character, so I liked when he played along with Dr Sc and Uggums.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

Besson posted:

We’ve had a good look back at the Victor and Tiny Podcast but let’s not forget Under the Apple Tree

https://youtu.be/j9JUAu_v4rA

That's a real apple.

No, I can tell.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

Waterbed Wendy posted:

The episode was really funny, but, maybe I am being over sensitive here, the dance mom stuff was pretty gross. There were some really funny parts that I enjoyed a lot in her segment but the descriptions of the “dance moves” as she was talking about a 4 and 6 year old were really hard to listen to. I know it’s all a joke but it still made me uncomfortable!

I still listened to it all though. Idk am I the only one who felt that? I’m not saying that comedian is a pedo or anything like that but it was almost too much.

Yeah, I wasn't a huge fan of that segment. I'd be fine with that character not being brought back.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

EL BROMANCE posted:

On the Will Hines front, he just did an episode for CBB Presents where he leads a team of detectives to solve a murder. What I’ve listened to so far has been good, and I wouldn’t be surprised if we get more episodes or even a full blown show from it.

This episode was a lot of fun. My favorite bit was Shaun being so pumped to keep going. Will is about done 50 minutes in, and Shaun is doing his best to get everyone to keep powering forward.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
That was a fun episode, they should have Anders on more often than once every 7 years.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

Fezz posted:

Great episode today. Langston really got into it. And anytime PFT and Gourley get together it's always a good time.

The call in bit at the beginning was really good. Bababoey!

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

Mollymauk posted:

Bill Walton is on Scott hasn't seen today for Air Bud, one of the great Bills from Bill Hader to the Bill of Rights.

This sounds great, big fan of Bill. I've really enjoyed Scott hasn't seen so far. It may be my fav pod of cbb.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Sparkleonious has been stuck in my head since I finished the episode.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm a big fan of Shimy showing up again. There have been some great characters this year, but I have a special place in my heart for Shimy.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

Fezz posted:

For others who have seen the live shows, how long are they? Asking so I can give my wife an idea of when she'll have to pick me up.

I've only listened to the ones posted so far, but both of them were about an hour and a half long.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

Fezz posted:

Great show last night with PFT as Brock Lovett, Dan Lippert as Bill Walton and Carl Tart as Larry Blackmon.

Where did this Reddit for balls thing come from?

Edit: The show was off the rails early and often. I laughed so much.

The reddit for balls was from the first live show and they've referenced it every show after so far.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
It looks like Drew Tarver is joining the tour, so that's rad.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

The World Inferno posted:

Lilly is so far the standout of the tour imo, besides the consistently solid fun of PFT. Happy that she's on what seems like the whole East Coast leg.

I can't tell if Lilly is making up the mouth taping, and milk bags up or if they actually exist.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
On the DC show when she was talking about nostalgia, she said they had personal little milk bags in elementary school, which blew my mind. Ours came in little paper containers, which I assumed was the norm for everyone. Turns out the world is stranger than I thought, and Lilly is tapped into it.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Great Byron Denniston episode today. I keep thinking about the little giggle Andy Daley does around 36:30 and keep cracking up.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

Consummate Professional posted:

The new Hey Randy bit of Carissa giving a rimjob to half the LA improv community was a hit for me.

You mean a Kentucky skadoodle, right?

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I realize I'm terrible at noticing voice actors. I didn't realize Rust is in the Great North, even though his character sounds exactly the same as him.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Bill Walton's Eat Pray Dunk is right behind Hey Randy as my fav CBB present show at the moment.

I loved when Dan was on CBB this week, he got called out for having a thin premise for his character and tried to pivot to him being a vampire, and Mary's character on Eat Pray Dunk saying she was a vampire after her characters age didn't make any sense.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Gil has been 3 for 3 this year.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'll randomly think of spider season and crack up.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
lmao at Scott's "that's your voice?" after Tim's first line.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
It was a very horny episode today.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Absolute chaos episode. Lisa has been an mvp this year.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
You look sick is such a funny low key way to drive someone crazy.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
His character getting accused of being a murderer each episode of You Can't Handle the Sleuths is also very funny.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ohlode/status/1...ingawful.com%2F

Found Shimmy irl.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I watched most of season 1 on Pluto or another similar streaming site, and it felt so weird compared to the current podcast. All the guest interviews felt too short to really get into the characters even though it had classics like Cake Boss.

On the other hand, all the sketches with Scott and Reggie were amazing.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
College Town seems to be fitting in on the Tuesday slot for the last couple of weeks now. Not sure where the new Bill Walton show will slot in if it becomes a regular feature.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

I was so bummed out when his show was cancelled, so this is great. Can't wait to hear what musical guests they get.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Some fun throwbacks with the recent episodes: got a Riddler, Reggie back in the studio, and a Would You Rather.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

feedmyleg posted:

PFT is hosting the rebooted @midnight. What an upgrade.

If your referencing PFTs ig post about it, I think it was a joke that he would do it for practically nothing. I haven't seen any word on who the host will be yet.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Lisa Gilroy is unhinged, and a slight update to the opening theme...maybe leading to some kind of crisis?

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I liked how everyone had a different reaction to it. PFT absolutely loses it, Hodgman has a little chuckle and rolls with it, and Scott seems genuinely confused if it's a reference to something.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Came across this on the CBB discord and like it. Paul slowly realizing what canary in a coal mine meant is lovely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPGmrps8r5g

Also, this is probably my favorite instance of PFT breaking. Time stamp the black bear if it doesn't embed right:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWzAe0--nSw&t=2187s

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Big week for PFT and off mic laughing. Nicole and Mitra giggle constantly, and it's a real fun episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

ArtVandelay posted:

My favorite PFT break is from Science Fair episode of Spont with Amanda Lund and Maria Blasucci. It's near the end of the episode and nearly derails the whole thing because he can barely handle it.

I've never heard of that, looking forward to listening to it. Thanks!