Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Perhaps it's a better fit for Trad Games, or Play By Post!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
I'm still not going to see Pitch Perfect.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Haha Gillian Jacobs looks like a serial killer.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Finally, a good Aziz Ansari episode.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
As a huge Real Herzog fan, I'm pretty annoyed by Tompkins' extremely mediocre impression. He gets the motivations down pretty excellently but his accent is just so generic and incorrect.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Greggy posted:

This is a ridiculous thing to get annoyed about!
Well I'm just annoyed. I got over it after about three minutes

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Is someone going to make a TVIV thread for the Kroll show so 20 people can go "UGH ANOTHER CHAPPELLE SHOW CLONE?" because they think Dave Chappelle invented sketch comedy?

e: that makes me think, I wonder what I'm going to do for the CBB season 2 thread if that's a thing. On one hand, literally all the work I put into the first season's OP went to waste because nobody but people who already knew what the podcast was watched the show. On the other, I really hate low effort OPs. Then again, who would notice if I just copied last season's OP?

Your thread for the first season got me to both watch the show and listen to the podcast, so you should put more effort into the next thread so that more people are convinced to try these things out.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

traveling midget posted:

PAINFULLY unfunny given that she didn't do a character, just a horrible racist asian impression.

Yeah this is so easily the worst that I don't think it's fair to consider it the worst, like calling some racist five year old's home video the worst movie.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

It's pretty great. I don't have to hear a voice that makes nails on a chalkboard sound like a woman having an orgasm. What is he supposed to be anyway? A midget? I picture a small green alien.

On the TV show he was a neighborly boy and took the form of a hand puppet with a creepy loving face.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

I'd rather see IFC pick up this than the actual CBB show, honestly.

Fortunately you get both.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Always good to hear from Reggie Watts.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

tnimark posted:

Overall I loved the TV show a lot, but I agree with this. The celebrity impersonation characters that are great on the podcast didn't really work for me visually.

I gotta say that PFT's Cake Boss actually looks just like the real Cake Boss and was perfect, and El Chupacabra was also perfect on the show.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Just FYI guys but the CBB TV show from IFC got added to Netflix Instant. It's a dramatically different format from the podcast but it keeps the same sense of humor and works even better. You're depriving yourself of Scott Aukerman's best material by not watching it.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Heidecker is a pretty funny writer and actor and comedian but he's not a great improviser and at the SXSW show he was constantly mugging to the rest of JASH like "did you like that joke? heh heh i'm clever."

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
I hope they play their old songs, terribly.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Don't Stop or We'll Die is a pretty terrible band but come on guys, it's a garage band. Come on guys.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

WoG posted:

Marshall is challenged to name their long-time bartender Carl's last name, and guesses, "Carl.........Sjunior?"

Maybe Marshall's a CBB fan.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Frankly if you live in L.A. and you don't attend UCB shows you're wasting your residence.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Guys: He's wearing the same sweater in both of those videos.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

escape artist posted:

I think I might have actually had a significant part in him deleting that tweet. Could be wrong, but I'll tell you the story if you're interested.

I'm interested because I want to hear how deluded you are.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
For those who missed it, Harris Wittels is the Pawnee champion of completely filling cups up with cum.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
I think that Farts and Procreation 2, while lacking the strong character work of Farts and Procreation 1, contains far better guest banter. If you'd like I can present my dissertation on the matter.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
I cannot believe Shock-Jockerman would be so pointlessly hateful to women.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
What Am I Thinking is the perfect game to play while you're waiting in lines for things with friends, or on long (but not too long) car trips.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Bleh Jay Mohr. I'll listen to the ep anyway though just because of Matt Besser. :argh:

Jay Mohr owns, guy. Funny person and good on podcasts, a perfect straight man

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Mohr ALMOST brought up doing standup at Blizzcon. I wish he'd talked about that.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

NienNunb posted:

I mostly watch it for Weekend Update and partly out of habit, but I think the cast (as of last season at least) is mostly good. As said though, the loss of Hader, Armisen, and eventually Meyers is a pretty huge blow.

Wait til you see the new cast dude. They trimmed all the fat.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
I just realized I saw the show Wilson and Diane-Raphael did at the Charleston Comedy Festival that they talk about at the beginning, Rode Hard and Put Away Wet.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Scott's disbelieving What?? when Tim says "Oh, Godfather 4" was incredible and justified the legless bit.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
The Bangles episode is a classic for me just because the music was so good.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
I play cards against humanity with my friends sometimes, but we just use cut pieces of paper and make up our own cards.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

I heard he was a really big racist.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

epitasis posted:

Sounds like "Eric Jonrosh" isn't actually on the show given that he isn't listed as a guest (Benny Schwa is though!!!). I'm betting he's in the ad segments?

Eric Jonrosh is played by Will Ferrell in Spoils of Babylon, so i dunno!!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
In Will Forte's first episode Scott says he was improperly briefed on the format, but Forte doesn't seem the type to rage against it.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Analytic Engine posted:

How much of @Midnight is prewritten? The show has a pool of comedy writers but the main appeal to me is that the comedians are improvising.

I think just Hardwick's card jokes and the screen stuff.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Comedy is pandering.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Man Matt Besser put so many great little touches in this Smaug character and nobody's picking them up

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

moot the hopple posted:

The crazy labels on Dr. Bonner's soap make bath time fun because I can not read them without thinking of Adomian's character and giggling.

Adomian does Doc Bronner?? I love that soap!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Vykk.Draygo posted:

What are the practical benefits of the show being in stereo?

Idk but there was a guy on Improv4Humans last week that I couldn't understand at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Just Chamber posted:

Just had my first exposure to this podcast with Time Bobby Part 1 and 2, I laughed so hard it hurt. Am probably gonna go straight to the latest and work backwards but are there are real classic episodes I should check out?

Anything with Brett Gelman