Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
loving love this show. I could do without most of the songs, but maybe that's just me. Anything involving Paul F. Tompkins is awesome, especially Cake Boss, Ice-T and Andrew Lloyd Webber. I also particularly love it when Huell Howser comes by, too bad about Adomian moving away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
The best part is just how close the real huell howser is to Adomian's parody. Even the most basic, familiar concept can be a total revelation to Huell.

Here is Huell discovering the concept of a border between countries. And yes, he does distract the border guard enough to allow some dude from Mexico to jet across in full view of the camera, which is funny no matter what your political views may be. PLEASE let's avoid any immigration debate in this thread.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBb2p8GHlnE&t=10s

Thermos H Christ fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Sep 24, 2011

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

FitFortDanga posted:

I wonder if most goons are too young to appreciate a Garry Marshall impression.

I dunno. The thing that makes PFT characters great is that they don't really rely on familiarity with the impersonated individual. I've never seen or heard the Cake Boss but when PFT brings in cake scarabs and sentient R2-D2 cakes and communicating with the dead it's really funny. I think the last time I paid any attention to Ice-T was in like the 90's, but it's funny when he's recast as an insane entrepreneur coming up with terribly-named businesses.

The Gary Marshall character is like a less successful cousin to PFT's Andrew Lloyd Webber. I'm at least somewhat familiar with their work, but I've never seen either of them or heard them talk. ALW is hilarious and Gary Marshall is just OK, probably because musical theater/British nobility are more inherently ridiculous than a grumpy Hollywood director. But without Gary Marshall we wouldn't have gotten the amazing line "Cake Boss, Cake Boss, gifted seer, help a guy out over here"