Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
The CBB from Vancouver was super funny so I hope it gets released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

moot the hopple posted:

Rufus Wainwright's dad was also a chill guy on the show, but I don't recall Scott engaging him as much in the comedy as he did with Callahan.

If I remember correctly, that one sounded like the music parts were recorded separately and spliced in after.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

ImPureAwesome posted:

What's in them that everyone hates so much

https://www.lootcrate.com/past_crates

May as well go to the comic store and ask the owner to just give me a pile of random junk that I can't return.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

Srice posted:

So in trying to figure out this Howl business out, is there a definite answer as to whether or not I can download the backlog/archived episodes and listen to them offline? My workplace is in a spot where my phone rarely gets reception and I don't have access to wireless so streaming is entirely out of the question.

It seems like they didn't put a lot of thought into this roll out. I don't use an iPhone and I don't want to have to stream episodes. Even with the extra content available app-only, I'm not excited to pay for a bad user experience that restricts how I can consume their product. I'm sure they will end up opening up the user experience eventually, but why didn't they think about these things before launching? These issues shouldn't have caught them off guard.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
Alicia Tobin eps of SPY are high quality goofabouts.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
R.I.P.D.

The D stands for Doug. It also is a movie reference and Doug certainly liked movies.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
There is a benefit to improv training that has nothing to do with actually teaching improv techniques. A good teacher will call out the bad habits of students and let them know they shouldn't respond to someones offer with "No, you're crazy and I've got a gun so you better respect mah authoritah!, now watch this wacky dance!"

Half of intro improv classes are introverts trying to get out of their shell, and the other half are people that think the class is a competition that they must dominate. They have a zero sum laugh mentality, which shockingly isn't good for creating laughs.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
*Woody Allen voice* What's going on with the Wagner group?

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
Oh man, it must have been a crazy scene at the studio when they realized they forgot about the numbers. I bet it looked a little something like this:

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
I bought the ABC album Lexicon of Love on vinyl from a thrift shop a few weeks ago, and you know exactly why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

Seaniqua posted:

But the "my character is a casual racist" joke was already starting to feel a little lazy at that point.

It's actually really important to come up with edgy racists jokes. How else could we figure out racism is bad without our great truth tellers laughing at racist jokes?