Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Honestly it's hard to find an improv show as consistently good as this. Even the worst episodes are worth listening to at least once, for the plugs alone.

If you're a fan of Andy Daly and Paul F. Tompkins' performances, don't forget to listen to the Bumbershoot episodes. They're worth it.

Urk! fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Sep 25, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Which episode was "Monster gently caress" in? I remember that it was pretty amazing.

In my opinion the best episode Cyber Thug took over, the last Halloween episode.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

wafflesnsegways posted:

The latest episode is pretty great. I love Nick Lowe, and I'm confused that they got him on the podcast.

I'll second this. PFT is great as usual, and I don't think I've disliked a single podcast Jon Hamm has been on. :allears:

He was definitely one of the better in-studio performances. Those of you who don't like the in-studio stuff, Scott mentions in the beginning today's ep is one of the last ones to have it.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
You know he's got to be a pretty good guy if he, gap-tooth and all managed to marry June Diane Raphael:

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
It's definitely Adam. He comes off as the deadpan straight-man to ground everything, then out of nowhere he'll suprise you with really awesome, out-there absurdity.

e: Nick is quick, but I'll agree his fall-back is dick jokes (but what's wrong with that?). A better example of his humor is this CBB episode. Still some dick jokes and some Borat jokes, but listen the whole way through and you can see he has some great improv talent.

Double e: Vv also, I agree. I enjoyed this week's episode. vV

Urk! fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Oct 23, 2011

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
the end of today's CBB advertised the new Earwolf youtube channel, with something being posted tomorrow about next week's episode. Right now it's just short clips pulled from the different shows.

Also, I wish this week's episode had more Charles Barkley.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
oh poo poo, Margret Cho? This'll be awkward, can't wait.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

How are u posted:

I had no idea Scott Auckerman had dated Cho. How delightfully awkward that was :)

Not only that, but it's been implied a chunk of her material in the 90s was about Scott.

Considering how kinky that subject matter was (pegging, ect.) it's... well, interersting to consider. And probably why he was initially a little cagey about mentioning anything.

...or maybe I'm reading too much into things :tinfoil:

Urk! fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Nov 23, 2011

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Part of me wants to be a contestant on "Who said it?" for two reasons:

To hear Scott's Michael Jackson insane impersonation,
and to correctly guess it's President Obama.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Wasn't sure if this should go in the megathread or not, but since it revolves around a CBB premise/guests: The new Analyze Phish dropped early, with Adam Scott as a third guest. :allears:

It's great

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
If ep 4 is anything like the other three, Harris will be riding an awesome high while Scott has a horrible, horrible shroom trip.

Seriously though I hope they talk Kulap into tagging along. She's like PFT; she makes pretty much every podcast better.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
I will see
Young Adult
on December
16th,
a week after it
comes out.

Wait a week
before you see it
Patton commands you
to wait
exactly seven days
after it's release date.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

SUPER IRAN-CONTRA posted:

new one's up.

This goes without saying, but if any of you listen to podcasts in the car like I do...Uh, you might want headphones for this one. Especially if you share a ride with someone else.

Still a funny episode

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Transfatuation posted:

This week's Dead Authors podcast with Paul F. Tompkins has Scott as a particularly deranged interpretation of Benjamin Franklin.

"Yeah. I'm out there doin' what I do."
"Throwing money in people's faces, kicking boats, vandalizing babies..."

Great recommendation

The Dead Authors podcast will, I think, eventually turn into next year's great podcast. Essentially it's PFT and a guest acting out their respective characters, absurdly, in front of a live crowd at UCB Theatre.

It's only been through ...three? (though it's on episode four?) episodes, but with PFT every ep and confirmed guests from CBB like Andy Daly and Nick Kroll, and guests from other podcasts like Matt Gourley it's worth paying attention to.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Some good news from twitter:

@ScottAukerman posted:

Quick question: Would anyone care if the @comedybangbang best of episode was around three hours long?

They're deciding if it should be three seperate one-hour eps released Dec 26, 27, 28th or to just have one big podcast :dance:

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

SpacePig posted:

With it being 3 hours, if the entirety of the Jack and Brian from the Lumberyard bit isn't in there, I will be sorely disappointed.

ditto, although I was kind of hoping we'd be able to hear/watch the CBB Nativity special as a end of year thing/purchase. Guess I'm getting greedy.

I mean come on, look at this:

A ton of pics here for anyone interested.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Flamazot posted:

The Christmas episode is pretty amazing go listen to it right now

The ending is especially amazing, if you're a fan of the CDRR days :3:

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Proud to say, my strategy of voting for one episode instead of ten paid off! It was the top episode from today's Best of '11 Pt. 2.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

SpacePig posted:

I can't listen just yet since I'm at work, but can you spoil for me whether Farts and Procreation is in the top five? This is important, and me listening to this episode in a timely manner hinges pretty exclusively on this.

Hint: it's the only one I voted on

Also, From twitter:

@ScottAukerman posted:

Look for me at @phish tonight. cc: @twittles

God speed, Saucerman. Don't come back without that recording :patriot:

Urk! fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Dec 29, 2011

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

jyrka posted:

Oh god, he must've been paranoid as hell. Cannot wait for this.

In other news, the new Gelmania is up.
Fans of Gelman's short stories from CBB might want to listen, since this one contains "Oink Friday", the short story he was cut off from reading on last year's CBB christmas episode.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
The impression isn't great, but it still adds a bit of deadpan punch to PFT's absurdity. I'm not sure the bits would have been as funny if he did them in his normal voice.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

@ScottAukerman posted:

Jan 30 RT @jluduluth: @ScottAukerman when is analyze phish episode 4 out?

two weeks to go! :neckbeard:

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
should be Throwsy, really.

All this discussion about this episode (38) resulted in my downloading it on a different computer and making an odd discovery - since when did the backlog episodes have advertisements in the intro?

It's not like they're ridin' my jock, just..kind of depressing Earwolf needs to do it. Think I'll donate a couple of bucks their way :(

Edit: ...and then Kevin...

Urk! fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jan 15, 2012

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

jyrka posted:

New Analyze Phish!!

Scott's going to post more pics later, but for now here's a pic of his sweater:

Also I posted this in the Comedy Podcast Megathread, but I thought today's episode wasn't as bad as Tim's previous appearance. Not to say it was a great episode, and I didn't really care for James Adomian's new character, but you might want to give it at least one shot.

Urk! fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jan 30, 2012

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Power of Pecota posted:

Has he been on any episodes other than the one with Brian Posehn? I'm lukewarm on Jesse Ventura/Huell Howser, but that episode had me dying.

yep, a previous one with Mary Lynn Rajskub and Sarah Silverman. It's episode 64.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
I was a little hesitant on the Liza Minnelli impersonation at first, but after a few minutes the absurdity cranked up and it was great. :)

The ep is pre-recorded, which is horrible because Scott clearly dubs over the best part of the show, but otherwise I agree it's an amazing episode.

Urk! fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Feb 6, 2012

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Yeah I was also bummed Foam Corner/Carl Sjunior didn't make an appearance. :(

It felt a little sporadic, but overall I enjoyed this ep. It's not a classic, but honestly I find it hard not to like any CBB with Paul and/or Harris in it.

Scott did say the episodes/guests were last minute, and he was able to get Harris. Assuming Scott can get these guests at such short notice, maybe that means we'll get more of Harris..?

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
I'm not gonna lie, I am suddenly hungry for BBQ because of the pulled Bjork sandwich.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
PFT and ..Adomian? Please let this episode end with who I hope is going to end it oh please oh god :ohdear:

Edit: nevermind, no Huell showing up.

Urk! fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Mar 5, 2012

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Well for what it's worth, during this episode I found myself wishing Proops wouldn't interject so much. I kept waiting for the inevitable Ice-T scheme-pun that didn't happen and I kind of wonder if Greg didn't accidentally block it.

That said, I do like some of his stand-up.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Holy poo poo, what a great episode, especially the ending. :aaa:

There's no way it won't be on the end-of-year wrap up, I'm calling it.

Urk! fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Mar 12, 2012

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
So Scott has mentioned a few times he's taping/taped a podcast at SXSW. Recently James Adomian tagged this pic with "Comedy Bang Bang":

That's Seth Morris on the left (Bob Ducca ect.), then Reggie and Adomian.

If that's the line-up for the next podcast, that pretty much ensures we're getting another amazing episode. :allears:

...unless it's a premium episode.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Oh, I'll buy 'em. I'll buy 'em all (and post something if they're too lovely to buy). :)

This is what Morris looks like when he performs Bob Ducca at UCB:

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Not seeing Adomian/Morris/Daly on the list made me a little nervous, but that's probably because they aren't guests/celebrities.

I refuse to believe that Bob Ducca won't make at least one appearance.

Urk! fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Mar 21, 2012

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

PepeSilvia posted:

I just finished listening to last week's Doug Loves Movies, where Adomian makes an appearance, and he says he's going to be on the IFC show.

...Well, that's a little embarrassing. But thanks, it's a relief :)

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Poopy Palpy posted:

Dude, his Foam Corner jokes aren't funny at all.

and that Jack Sjunior guy is waaay too serious sometimes.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Does the scenario where no characters are present have any kind of beginning disclaimer, and if so how long is it?

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Does anyone have a point total so far?

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
the game seemed like a great set-up (for what I have no idea) that never went anywhere, like Scott hadn't thought the whole thing through yet but needed something to stall for the situation he was in.

I've got to say though, while this week's episodes weren't anything to write home about they weren't the worst ones I've heard. And if you look at the quality of the last several episodes...I'm more than willing to give Scott a break on these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Oh, no. So much for a productive Monday.

canbuh Ibuh touch your tibuhty?

E: good episode, but man that was a lot disjointed characterization

Urk! fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Apr 16, 2012