Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Cast No Engine posted:

Todd did tell a story about his dog dying once (I think Sarah Silverman was there), but he's been on a few times and he's always a fun guest in my book. His best appearance is probably him and Marisa Wompler.

Todd was also on a really good episode with Weird Al and Amy Phillips as Liza Minnelli. I liked the Brian Huskey one a lot too.

If anyone thinks Todd Glass isn't funny they need to listen to any episode of his podcast with James Adomian or Rory Scovel

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Sep 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Today's episode was amazing, definitely one of my favourite of the year. I love Tim Meadows and Horatio's characters are always the best thing

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Every Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and anniversary show are ones not to miss.

And Halloween

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Man, no suicide house this year? That's disappointing, the Halloween episodes have always been amazing and I was looking forward to Brett Gelman being on CBB again. (I haven't listened to this one yet though)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

She was on the live I4H on Thursday and I thought she was ok.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah at first I was a little disappointed they weren't doing suicide house again but it was a great episode. I guess Scott makes a good point about wanting to try something new. I liked the characters a lot but I think Paul Rust is the only person on the planet that could actually make the creepies thing work.

I can't decide if that was the flimsiest premise ever for a CBB character or if Mall McCartney still takes that one.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah as much as I love Jon Daly I'm probably just going to skip this one

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev_1R6ftYlY

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Scott mentioned that the voting for the best of 2013 starts soon, it's going to be pretty tricky to pick them. So many awesome episodes this year. I think the Tom Leykis one, Peppermen, Mall McCartney and all the Horatio Sanz episodes were my favourites. Time Bobby 2 will probably win though. (Or Farts & Procreation 3 but I was kinda meh on that one)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think I've said this before but for a long time now I4H has probably been the most consistently funny podcast that I listen to

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What was the worst episode of the year? It'd be kinda cool if you could see which episodes didn't get any votes

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Nov 26, 2013

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think DAG brought down the ep a little but it was nice that he seemed to be a fan of the show and he got into it a lot more than first time guests usually do. He was interacting with the characters a lot and knew how to play WYR. It kinda bums me out a little when a guest immediately tells Scott their answer as soon as a WYR starts because then you know they've never listened to the podcast. Who Charted was similar too, you could tell if a guest had listened or not if they had no idea what was happening in chart darts/goose/roulette. (I think they usually explain it right off the bat now though)

Though now that I've typed it out I have no idea why it actually bothers me

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I just hope Wompler shows up. She hasn't been around since her pool party back in August.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Some weird picks in the best of episodes so far. Really didn't think the Weird Al or Frank Stallone episodes would be in there. Even the Jon Hamm/Nick Kroll one kinda surprised me, and I was expecting the 4th anniversary and Tom Leykis episodes to be top 5 at least

Also PFT has been in 5/9 of them so far

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm just going to pretend The Pepper Men won

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Thoogsby posted:

Surprised to see no Bob Ducca bonus clip. His list this year was legendary.

Butterscotch Disks

I don't think episodes near the end of the year had much of a chance because of how the voting worked. You got 15 votes and the episodes were shown in chronological order. I think most people probably ran out of votes by the time they got like half way through the year

I could be remembering wrong but listening to the best ofs it seemed like most of the episodes were from around the same time period

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm starting to think Horatio Sanz is the best CBB guest

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

erezaka posted:

DId everyone here like the Nick Kroll/Jenny Slate episode? I didn't think it was good at all, start to whenever I stopped listening. Am I alone?

I skipped it because I wasn't really a fan of the Liz character the last time he did it on CBB (and on Kroll Show)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

That was probably the best character entrance in CBB history

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Was Zach Galafleanakis involved in this at all?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Beef over

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah that was a great episode. Horatio Sanz is the best CBB guest and I was surprised at how funny Jim O'Heir was.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

erezaka posted:

That was a pretty good episode. Really made me want to relisten to the Chico Davis one for the 5000th time.

I can't believe that episode didn't make the top 10, it was easily one of the best episodes of the year.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The characters are the best part of the podcast for me. It honestly wouldn't really bother me if they cut the first 20 minutes of each episode out. I think the problem for me is just the same characters coming back too many times. I guess it's really only PFT that has this problem but I'm kinda sick of most of his guys at this point. (I still enjoy his episodes though)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It also doesn't help that a lot of first time guests haven't listened to the show and don't really know how WYR works

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I haven't listened to this one because I don't really like live episodes of podcasts or Jonah Ray, but James Adomian owns

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Hopefully he does the podcast circuit next, I wanna see him on Improv4Humans

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Andy Daly has been retweeting a ton of positive reviews of his show and everyone I know that's seen it seems to love it. I really hope it gets picked up for a second season.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think it's happened in like four episodes now

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Someone on Twitter drew Traci Reardon

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It reminded me more of his Gordon Ramsey (Who I would love to hear again)

Also I noticed on the Earwolf guests page today you can see how many times the most frequent guests have been on. Adomian has been on 85 episodes which kinda blew me away. The really crazy one is PFT though who's been on 103 episodes of Earwolf podcasts.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

name a bread bro

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

bartok posted:

I was listening to an old episode, 157 with Bobscratch Goldfarb and Paul F. Tompkins, and I noticed some of the ads are replaced with short novelty songs. Was this a pulled Pepsi Next ad/another sponsor or did the show used to play the occasional song during the break?

They played songs during the breaks for a long time until they started getting sponsors and they were pretty bad most of the time

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Also if you haven't listened to the early episodes you're missing out on Weirder Scott's comedy songs like Tangelo and Birthday Cheques

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Horatio Sanz CBB MVP 2013 (sorry PFT)

The Tim Meadows episode and the Shelly Driftwood ones are amazing and he has somehow made giving directions into the funniest thing

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah I don't really like the musical guest thing Besser has been doing lately either. Doing improv based on the stories behind songs is an interesting concept I guess but the regular format is just better and I usually end up skipping past the songs anyways.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

VagueRant posted:

Is she any good in Oranges: The New Black? I'm still on the fence about that show.

Her character is pretty minor to be honest but I like the show

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Man I liked the first two but I dunno if there needed to be a third time bobby

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think it's especially bad with Time Bobby because it's basically the same as the first two but with longer acronyms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Adomian doing Bush's laugh kept cracking me up

heh heh heh