Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Hearing Will Hines on another podcast made me search for what else he’s been in and I rediscovered this show. A bit much at times but overall really funny. The fact that Will does the same normal voice every time he appears is extra funny to me when he’s among all these people doing crazy voices.

The Chief from Carmen Sandiego is my new favourite discovery. Also Rum Tum Tugger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I started listening to this again so I could hear Will Hines but in the process I discovered Andy Daly. Oh man, this guy is incredible. All his characters are the funniest things I’ve ever heard. Dalton Wilcox is probably the stand out, but they’re all so so funny. He’s like the exact opposite of Will Hines too in that he has super distinct voices for all his characters.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

EL BROMANCE posted:

. Have you ever had the inclination to watch every episode of old TV Western ‘Bonanza’ by any chance?

I’ve listened to 5 episodes of his “Bonanas for Bonanza” show today, they’re great. I also love Maria Bamford so it’s awesome she’s a regular.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I saw Andy Daly isn't part of CBB World anymore, making it once again kinda annoying to access his podcasts. At least Bonanas For Bonanza seems to be slowly getting uploaded to Apple Podcasts again with ads so theres some way to share it with people.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I wish he'd do another season of the Pilot Podcast Project because all those characters are hilarious and its good to hear them in small doses.

Also remembered the Dead Authors podcast where Andy played a few characters. But there's a bunch of great appearances on that from other CBB regulars, including Adomian playing Nietzsche and Hunter S Thompson, Lauren Lapkis as Beatrix Potter, and Matt Gourley as a bunch of people.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

There are no snakes at the foot of your bed. There is nothing wrong with masturbation, all men masturbate. Your patience is infinite. You do not masturbate.

All the L Ron Hubbard affirmations are comedy gold.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

A lot of comedy bang bang characters just come across as pleasantly absurd but I heard Drew Tarver as Martin Sheffield Lickly the other day and was crying laughing. Probably it benefits from being a lot more scripted than most of the improv material but it’s still incredibly funny, and some of the lyrics sound ad libbed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6w39sK4naQ

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

From an old CBB episode I discovered Jess McKenna, who has a musical improv podcast called Off Book with Zach Reino (who has also apparently been on a few episodes of CBB). Oh man, I don't know if improvisers rank degree of difficulty but coming up with a new hour long musical every week off the top of their heads seems up there. McKenna's voice is ideal to play ridiculous orphan children who tend to appear in musicals and on some CBB episodes.

Also hey, so I though the full past episodes of CBB were only available on CBB World, but I can access every episode through Apple Podcasts, I just need to search the specific episode and follow the link on apple.

Ccs fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jan 8, 2024

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

EL BROMANCE posted:

So two videos you should watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCI0gD_K27M

First the short one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivf58k53nu0

Now the long one.

Now the twist: I've already seen both those cause I've been watching all the Off Book content on youtube over the past few days.

Empty Sandwich posted:

e: Superego has a couple different fake bands. Neko Case did a sketch on one season and is incredibly funny

Did "Spirit" originate there as well? They played on a couple of Andy Daly's podcasts [their hit song All The Way Tonight (The Look of the Lion) ]

I am also a big fan of the song from Drivin and Fuckin with Joe Bongo episode of Andy Daly's podcast, which is a parody of prog rock and has such a long name that I can't remember it. Edit: okay it was "Splashdown Sweet The Liquid Dunes Begin (of Antilles 10) Part -1 or Alignment of the Stars at Solaris Kosh"

Ccs fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jan 11, 2024

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

The newest episode with Moshe Kasher and Cart Tart and Vic M is out and I'm listening now, the first part with Moshe was more interesting than funny, but now with Tart as the Pine Sol lady is really funny. Looking forward to when Vic shows up.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Yeah today's episode is an incredible Andy Daly and Paul F Thompkins character bonanza.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

feedmyleg posted:

Let me guess, you're in your 50s

Only in spirit

Offler posted:

I remember listening to that episode once and never again. IIRC he made some horribly outdated racist jokes that made everyone so uncomfortable you could feel it through your headphones.

Speaking of racism I was listening to the episode of Bonanas for Bonanza they did at a podcast festival and even with PFT on stage playing Russel Shine to confront Dalton and Bonanza's racism, the crowd still was not having it at certain points. People boo'd after the clips haha.

Ccs fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Feb 14, 2024

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I could feel Andy and the other performers kinda tensing up like “oh did we really go too far? They don’t get it’s a joke?” Must be weird doing all those reprehensible characters on podcasts with no live audience and then getting one that doesn’t get the joke. It’s why I’m hesitant to ever introduce the podcast to people with a character like Don Dimello. I think he’s the funniest CBB character but people could take it the wrong way.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I listened to the hosts of Hollywood Handbook on their episode of CBB and then checked out their show. Holy moly. They're funny but I think I got irony poisoned.

Their use of broken english, or just referring to things by a plain and grammatically incorrect noun, will never not be funny to me.

Ccs fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Apr 4, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Darn, they're coming to Toronto and Vancouver but not Montreal.