Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I hope Scott and these guys keep doing this dumb bit until they're 70. Love it.

Sinteres posted:

Here's a tiktok from January making allegations that seem worse than the nightclub groping.

https://www.tiktok.com/@blue.eyed.lou/video/6921850759197756678

Kinda feel like some of his weird interviews might have been trying to get ahead of some poo poo and accidentally just making the inevitable accusations seem super plausible.

What he's saying there just feels like basic smug cynicism, but oof those allegations. Given how corroborated they are at this point, ya get the feeling he lost the thread on understanding consent at some point. The wife stuff already seemed bad, but geez. Feel ok not following his career past this point.

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Mar 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

The plot thickens:

https://twitter.com/PhilDeathClock/status/1380672059269767169

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

If ya'll want more Adomian and missed PFT's old Dead Author's Podcast, check check it out –>

https://thedeadauthorspodcast.libsyn.com/chapter-28-walt-whitman-featuring-james-adomian

Andy Daly also guests on it regularly and is likewise spectacular.

https://thedeadauthorspodcast.libsyn.com/chapter-45-part-1-l-ron-hubbard-featuring-andrew-daly

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Lord knows PFT is overcommitted enough as is, but drat if Dead Authors isn't one of my favorite efforts. Scott Aukerman's on a few too, and iirc does absolutely no research into the people he's portraying, to great effect.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

jeeves posted:

Carl Tart = wow just wow

That's Griffin Newman on the latest episode

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

They're back in the studio, and it's glorious :,)

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

and it's glorious!

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Not that Scott is an A lister or anything, but gotta say, I appreciate how much he's really tried to make CCB a launching platform for folks. It's probably cost him in the long run, but god drat, so much talent has festered on CCB.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Inspector 34 posted:

You guys are really focused on the less weird typo in that post. What talent has really festered on CBB?

Reggie, PFT, Shaun Diston, Lampkus, etc. etc.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Yeah! Like I said, launching pad.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I'm close to his age at the time of the alleged conduct, and christ. Can't imagine thinking any of that would be ok. Lot of inadequacy issues there that should have been sorted out in therapy and not with an underage fanclub.

Curious the fallout of this on Fallon given his proximity to the situation.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

At this point the fact that she uses a similar accent for every character is hilarious and endearing.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

FitFortDanga posted:

Or is it lazy and boring?

nah

Just Chamber posted:

Is it a little weird they're still using the Horatio Sans plug theme at the end of the show considering the allegations?

yeah

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I loved the Potato and hope they come back many more times in the future.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Riptor posted:

between this thread's reaction to Potato and Dr Sweetchat, I genuinely don't understand what you're listening to CBB for if you're put off by those characters. Is it just so you can hear scott talk to Interesting People?

I loved Potato so - incredibly - much. But I can see how that kind of character might get on people's goats. Same with Dr. Sweetchat. Potato is a standard "lol weird thing is sentiment that shouldn't be" (tho god drat that voice + improv), while Dr.Sweetchat had a very hard to listen to quirk.

Some folks are just really into Scott and Ego going at it, perhaps :shrug:.

Had never heard that Victor Diamond thing, it's phenomenal. Was Brendan Small doing it in real time? Really hope they bring this bit back for a CBB Presents thing.

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jan 5, 2022

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

It 100% was very gross, but I enjoyed a lot of it simply because it was clear they all knew they were walking on eggshells dealing with that bit. Given Scott doesn't ask them much about what they plan to do, can totally hear him doing the mental calculus of "oh no, how do I work with this".

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Was laughing my rear end off at the second guest today when I realized Scott wasn't going to help them at all and their appearance had only killed their friends... only to have Dicky Donnelly call him out for both of those things at the end and for them to go "hm, yea". Love it.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

mennoknight posted:

God I wish I was just discovering Andy Daly so I had something to live for

Will always repost this, as I discovered Daly through it years ago –

PFT did a podcast called Dead Authors Podcast for a stint where he played HG Wells talking to, ahem, dead authors. Every episode Daly is in is fuckin' gold, but the standouts are his first episode as L Ron Hubbard: https://thedeadauthorspodcast.libsyn.com/chapter-45-part-1-l-ron-hubbard-featuring-andrew-daly

He also shows up as the Marquis De Sade: https://thedeadauthorspodcast.libsyn.com/chapter-15-the-marquis-de-sade-featuring-andy-daly

Other highlights are James Adomian as Walt Whitman, which turns into him listing off how each state shape reminds him of a cock: https://thedeadauthorspodcast.libsyn.com/chapter-28-walt-whitman-featuring-james-adomian

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Franchescanado posted:

CBB FM continues to secretly be the best show released under the CBB World banner.

CBB Presents is their crown jewel, but agree, lowkey it's great. Scott's got good taste, and slides really well into a more straightforward DJ voice over the air.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Tim Baltz has such an amazing cadence.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

New CBB FM w/ Weird Al :toot:

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

JethroMcB posted:

"Oh no. Oh no. Ohhh, no. No. No. No, no, no, no."

This killed me. Incredible ep. Relistened to it.

Certainly feels like it encompassed the current roster of CBB regulars and everyone brings their A game.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Mons Hubris posted:

I was kind of dreading this week's episode after I read the description about the first ever in-depth CBB interview. Pleasantly surprised with how it went!

Same! Scott's such a great interviewer.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

You get the feeling that because Scott Hasn't Seen is behind CCB World's paywall, they're a lot more blunt about the industry, and it's a good thing.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

His feelings on Top Gun were hilarious. Couldn't get into it because he fundamentally doesn't like jocks. Honest reviews!

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Would be happy as a peach if the ghost of Dr.John comes back for any of the holiday specials. That was great.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Exciting to see they're bringing a small cavalcade of guests for each ep looks like. First time I saw CCB it was Paul, Lauren, and the Time Master. If each show has PFT and 3-4 others, seems like we're in for a lot of treats.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Nichael posted:

Was that the Philly one a while back? I was there too, it was a great show.

DC.

Dang, we're really gonna get a CCB almost every day for the next few weeks. Glutton of riches.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Having a full CCB available every day is really a spoil eh?

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Oh hell yeah. I'm seeing them in two days, hoping Lily Sullivan is on this whole leg of the tour.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

https://twitter.com/Carbrovian/status/1560594786737872896

Love that it apparently happened incidentally too

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

No. It's gonna be just you and Scott, alone in a theater.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Lilly is so far the standout of the tour imo, besides the consistently solid fun of PFT. Happy that she's on what seems like the whole East Coast leg.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

That was one of the standout characters for Paul for me for this tour, having seen the movie. It's just a really fun devil voice.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

"Number one with a bullet" got an audible yikes from me. lol Scott.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Great for them, holy poo poo did Kulap go through a lot for it. Spoilers, she had six miscarriages over the years. Always felt Scott had a dad energy. That kid is gonna have the goofiest grown ups to hang with.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Just patiently sitting in the corner, minding my own business, quietly anticipating Hey Randy to break out of CBB Presents and becoming its own thing.

Suppose the allure of not having a specific schedule / only doing one ep a month is pretty alluring tho.

Lily's campaign to make Scott being a Hentai addict a thing has been a sight to behold.

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Sep 29, 2022

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Fezz posted:

Or a promise that they'll do a tour of 2,104 tour dates? I don't think PFT can do that many different characters

If anyone could, it'd be PFT. I'd watch that movie.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Paul Rust is a trainwreck this ep, and it's great. Can tell celebs are truly back by Scott apologizing to the non-comedian guest by the end of the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

I loved when Dan was on CBB this week, he got called out for having a thin premise for his character and tried to pivot to him being a vampire, and Mary's character on Eat Pray Dunk saying she was a vampire after her characters age didn't make any sense.

The rules of improv:

1. Yes and
2. Pivot to being vampire