Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
They're on an early episode with Paul F. Tompkins as a guest host. The Superego guys play Paul F.'s grandmas.

It was a pretty low key episode.

Fezz fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Oct 20, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I guess nobody listened to this week's new episode since it's a holiday or whatever. While it's not as good as last weeks it was still very entertaining. Both of Kyle's characters were funny, the second sounded a bit like Andy Daly.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Power of Pecota posted:

Has this been in any episodes besides this one and the Wompler/RIchter episode?

In the Jason Mantzoukas/Andy Daly cavalcade of suicides episode they leave Scott out to dry while he sings Wipeout!

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

James Gandolfini was also on this episode if anyone hasn't heard it http://www.earwolf.com/episode/doing-laundry-with-sarah/
He's done it a couple of times on Gelmania and brought it out on one of his Improv for Humans appearances. That particular segment is also in the best of IfH episode.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Mr. Squishy posted:

I kind of wish Graham Parker (who he?) had played a song every ad break, even though we're well out of Zeptember. Seems like a waste to have him in the room sitting on his hands for an hour.
Going by the pictures on the Earwolf site Graham was recorded on a different day since Scott is wearing a different shirt.

As much as I love Wompler, I'd like to see her do a new character.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Power of Pecota posted:

I had no idea Jon Daly was so tall. Who's the guy in the leather jacket?

Also the Gutterballs choice is great, I can't wait for that episode.

Matt Besser, one of the founding members of the Upright Citizens Brigade and host of Improv4Humans.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Today's episode is definitely a candidate for next year's #1. Not only was the Scott and Ben segment hilarious once Horatio came on it kind of dipped for a bit but then just went out into the comedy stratosphere.

At first I didn't think the character was going to go anywhere but then his crazy tangent stories started and I lost it. Got some comments about all the laughing here at work.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Hey, Comedy Bean Bag fans! Paul F. Tompkins did a set on the comedy stand up showcase podcast, Put Your Hands Together, as the Cake Boss. Give it a listen!

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Gillian Jacobs, yes!

Hoping for some Words with Friends chat.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Who is the skier?

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

davidHalestorm posted:

Isn't it Mike Handford? His name is in the title. Is he using any actual ski lingo so far?

Sure sounds like it. It's perfectly ridiculous.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Hey, everyone who misses Bob Ducca should listen to the latest episode of Put Your Hands Together. Seth Morris does five minutes as Scott's best ex-stepdad. He hasn't missed a beat and maybe he'll show up on Comedy Bean Bag soon.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

epitasis posted:

Preview montage of the new season: http://splitsider.com/2013/07/season-2-of-comedy-bang-bang-looks-pretty-nuts/

I think I see Dalton Wilcox!

Who wants to do a shot by shot breakdown?

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
When he was doing his Weirder Scott terrible parody song persona he referred to her as Weirdest Kulap.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
:eng101: Havercamp Shatterdome and Dominic Assange

I was hoping Kevin gently caress would be in that list. Also glad to hear a shout out to Affirmation Nation.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

SaberToothedPie posted:

Live podcasting you guys, Rob Cordry and Paul F Tompkins maybe?! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR9NBvouFT0

drat it. I missed it and now it's private.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
New b-b-b-bonus-s-s-s episode today. Amazing round of Would you Rather and Eugene Cordero's character was hilarious. I laughed every time he sang the backing vocals. Hold On was my favorite.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

erezaka posted:

hahahah started off great and became incredible when andy daly popped up

A real technical horrorshow today.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I'm going to vote for last year's best of.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
One of the episodes near a past Christmas has a bunch of Scott's friends singing Christmas Lady Marmalade with a verse by Dragon Boy Suede (Howard Kremer) and an early appearance by Kulap. Anyone know off hand what episode that is?

And of course my favorite:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUAc0xWmsJI

Fezz fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Nov 23, 2013

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Alan Thicke was on episode 245 with Amy Poehler.

He was also on the Toronto episode of the recent live tour.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I just want Wompler and the rest of the interns, Traci Reardon and Geno to show up on the tv show.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Be sure to listen to today's Two Charted for Kulap's side of the story about meeting the President.

Apparently Scott and Scott wouldn't shut up about U2.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Was this posted yet?

It's the Bazooka Joe comic described in the Hey Really Giger episode.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Victor's podcast was hilarious.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Mr. Squishy posted:

Best guess is "I'm met you a bacon keel, my friend."

"I'm at your beck and call, my friend."

It's a common phrase.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I'm actually going to be in NYC that weekend but my plane gets in at Newark at 1pm and there's no way I could make it into the city in time for the show. Pretty bummed. :smith:

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Wompler's Birthday being so high was incorrect. But I'm glad they spotlighted Dabney, certainly my favorite part of that episode.

So are the Daly/Zouks in the top 3?

It's criminal that we haven't had a Geno episode. I hope at least one shows up.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Maybe it's just me, but for me, my favorites were Gino, Victor and Tiny, Claudia O'Doherty and the Calvin Twins. I'd have to look at the list of episodes again to nail it down, but there's easily ten episodes there.

Granted, Zouks and Daly are great but I liked Daly's work on his podcast more than the Oh Golly, You Devil duology. Especially the live finale for Aukerman character work. Dabney should host on Lapkus' podcast.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I guess that explains why Nurse Andi Callahan showed up.

Yeah, the voting poll definitely benefits sequel episodes.

The shame of no Gino in the top ten is almost as bad as Filipino Blockbuster not making it last year. I thought that episode was so weird and amazing. It may just be that I really like Eugene Cordero. Both of whom were amazing on the most recent Improv4Humans, as they always are.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Not only a Victor and Tiny episode but a Gino episode too. Two of the new favorites.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Tompkins and Lapkus the new Nichols and May.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
It's the third ad break. It's done live.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Glad to know I'm not the only one who misses Little Gary.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Maybe Chuck Berry has a lot of cousins named Marvin?

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
There's another episode where Brett Gelman does monologues as Billy Crystal that are just as hilarious as iBrain.

http://comedybangbang.wikia.com/wiki/Doing_Laundry_with_Sarah

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
On that note, all three of Martin Sheffield Lickley's appearances.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

feedmyleg posted:

Yeah, I'll be waiting for someone on Reddit to cut out all the clips so I can listen to it.

Where can I find previous years of this? I haven't listened to the best ofs in quite a while, since at least the creation of Eddie Lee Capers.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I found last year's post that has links to the intervening years as well: https://www.reddit.com/r/Earwolf/comments/acj7a0/supercut_comedy_bang_bang_best_of_2018_scott_paul/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Superego did a Big Chunky Bubbles segment on this week's episode. You get to hear one of his performances.