Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
Just got back from the early Portland show, and it felt like a really good one. Managed to get front row seats too. I'm looking forward to listening back to it later.

Lauren played 1/2 of the kid detectives, Paul introduced a new character whose entire gimmick was blowing bubbles made of soup and stew for children's parties, and Tim Baltz showed up to reprise his Wisconson sugar daddy character.

Got to see everyone at the meet and greet too. The main three were all nice, but looked and sounded very tired. I think the tour has been taking its toll on them. Mike Hanford and Tim were both full of energy, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
I'm probably in the minority of people that got into Comedy Bang Bang through the TV show first. I'm really going to miss it, but I am happy that it got as long of a run as it did.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

VagueRant posted:

Slightly broad question for the thread, how are all of the things that our well-liked improvvers have been plugging on all the podcasts lately?

I take it the reality show Seeso thing wasn't super good?
And I like Cameron Espositio quite a lot, so I've been meaning to check out her sitcom, but I haven't heard any buzz, good or bad...
And then there's that Mike Birbiglia movie ABOUT improvvers?
I think that's definitely just his actual personality.
I enjoyed all three.

Bajillion Dollar Properties felt like almost as much of an extension of the podcast as the TV show did. Pretty much every regular guest makes an appearance at some point. It could feel a little hit-or-miss sometimes, but there was some good stuff in every episode, and some really standout moments over the course of the season. I'll definitely be checking out the second season whenever it comes out.

Take My Wife was a great show, as long as you don't mind the super low budget production values. Six episodes didn't feel like nearly enough.

Don't Think Twice was good too, but don't go into it expecting a comedy.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
They put up best-of episodes for both the Australia and UK tours on Howl.

It's mostly just travel stories with the occasional 30-second clip of a tour episode thrown in, but they were fun to listen to.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Inkspot posted:

I finally started listening to U Talkin' U2 To Me today...
I just started it about a week ago and am in episode 10 right now. It's been in my backlog for a long time and I really regret waiting so long to start listening to it. Scott's meltdown in Episode 9 after recording four podcasts in a row that day is one of the funniest things I've ever heard after listening to so many episodes of Comedy Bang Bang over the last couple of years.

That and Paul's, "I don't know how many more ways I can say I heard them on the radio but they didn't really grab me," right in the middle of it.

It's also kind of darkly hilarious that one of the running jokes is Harris Wittle's death. I had to double check the date these came the first time they started talking about that.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

EL BROMANCE posted:

Off Book is so good and anyone who isn't immediately put off by it being musicals based should be listening. Best new podcast.
I'll second this, and say that you should give the first episode a shot even if the concept doesn't excite you at all. Both of the episodes out so far are incredible.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
Here's the link to the limited edition Farts & Procreation vinyl that Scott mentioned in the episode today, in case anyone's interested.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
drat, that did go fast. I must have gotten one of the last ones. Guess I happened upon the link on Twitter at the right time!

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
It's exclusive to Shaun Diston's Patreon.

It was a really fun series and definitely worth subscribing for a month to download the episodes. Another highlight was Michael Ian Black telling stories of traveling the country performing in an animatronic turtle costume for a few months when he was in college.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Seaniqua posted:

I've been really pleasantly surprised with Scott Hasn't Seen. I'm generally not a huge fan of the "watch something then talk about it" format because it's so low effort. But hearing Scott's honest opinions and stories from making movies has been awesome. I was truly dumbfounded when he talked about writing a script for an animated movie.
Yeah, I thought last week's episode summed up what's great about the podcast. Taran Killam chose the Garbage Pail Kids movie because he misunderstood the premise of the podcast and thought it was about making fun of bad movies, but about halfway through he had a comment that was something along the lines of, "I really appreciate how you're actually making the effort to break down the plot and creative choices this movie made instead of just making easy jokes about how stupid it is."

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
There's a CBB book coming out next year!

Looks like it will be primarily in-character pieces written by the performers.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
That was also the year we got the incredible video of Wiger performing it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH4sXVQ7a_w

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
I was so happy when I saw that Max Silvestri was a guest, because I knew that Scott was going to want to litigate his 2019 appearance in Omaha for a third or fourth time. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who finds that as funny as Scott does.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
I started listening to the podcast right around the time Tears for Fears guested, and Reggie asked Scott if he could be on that episode since he was such a huge fan. Hearing Reggie all excited and nervous every time he talked to them was adorable.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
I was at that show, it was a fun one! Kevin did a great job of working the crowd for someone who's not an entertainer.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
My book came today. I got it signed by Scott, PFT, and Andy Daly. Very happy with that!

I was thinking about it and realized it's the fourth thing I own signed by Scott. I guess I'm a fan.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

kdrudy posted:

I can't abide this Lisa Gilroy erasure.

Dr. Skeleton's Celebrity Toilet is my easy #1 this year.
Seconded on all fronts!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwV6p7tD2Ks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
Seeing them for the 4th tour in a row at the same venue in Portland.