Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Can I burn you up a tuna fished sandwich?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Flamazot posted:

I thought this was pretty neat, someone in the Earwolf comments posted a bunch of photos from the show. Some of the photos are of the table they sit at during the show and a lot of the guests have written stuff on it.

[snip]

That's all of the table pictures I think, but you can see the rest of the photos here

This picture is awesome, both compositionally and because it reveals the "Murder! -Andy Daly" signature

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Flamazot posted:

He'll be on the Todd Glass Show this week. (which is one of the best podcasts right now and you should all be listening to it)

God drat right. I made this little clip of my new favorite dumb thing ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R33gFcqaxHs

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

If you're a dad, I want you in a loving prison camp.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

I am not a Cho fan from what I remember of her material yonks ago but I thought she was fine as a guest, as well as on vocals (!)

I guess it takes a lot to make me dislike things :I

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

This week's Dead Authors podcast with Paul F. Tompkins has Scott as a particularly deranged interpretation of Benjamin Franklin.

"Yeah. I'm out there doin' what I do."
"Throwing money in people's faces, kicking boats, vandalizing babies..."

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

This was a great episode :)

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Groucho Marxist posted:

Another with Don, Lord Dame Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber, and someone as HR Giger.

This one in particular is stunning. PFT's ALW, as insane as it is, is strongarmed into playing the straight man out of necessity because Don and especially Giger are so loving crazy. It's right at the beginning of Episode 3:7.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Makochuk posted:

I honestly can't tell if you realize those "older guys" are also Paul F Tompkins.

Yes, it's really ambiguous that this guy just wandered into the Comedy Bang Bang thread to trash PFT (after listening to the entire DLM ep) and then cited Rogan and Carolla as superior alternatives. I, also, cannot tell what direction he is going in! :goleft:

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

This is the first CBB episode I haven't finished in a very long time :( Tim and Eric really rub me the wrong way I guess

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Holy gently caress this week's episode is bananas. It seems like the show is at its most insane when the recording time is unusual, the guests are three people that all know each other, and one of them is Harris Wittels.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

There are two classes of "impression"; one that primarily strives for accuracy, and one that primarily exists to provide a base layer for material that goes far beyond the person being impersonated. For example Frank Caliendo belongs to the first class, Besser to the second, and James Adomian to both (but still the 2nd more than the 1st).

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

I think this is my favorite episode ever.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

SpacePig posted:

Which episode was the Irish guy telling poems?

74, another Mantzoukas/Daly joint.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

SO BUMMED that she took out that awesome riff during Cruel's chorus for the solo performance :(

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Never before has a list been so instantly and conclusively invalidated by the exclusion of one Boss of Cakes!

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Edit oops wrong thread

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Deliberately throwing the brakes on a conversation is funny every so often but Tim seems to do it all the time on every podcast he's on. The Jenga thing (that he interrupted Jon Daly's introduction for) for example was just unrescuable.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

CaptBushido posted:

You guys realize that Tim Heideker's whole thing is "anti-comedy", right? I mean, you don't have to LIKE it, I can definitely understand not liking it, but are people still seriously confused when he's awkward and ruins jokes? Have you not seen his stuff or heard him on the show enough to understand what he's doing?

Yes, everyone knows what he's doing. No one is confused here. The issue I have is that it's at odds with CBB's bread and butter, which is Scott pushing the conversation into stranger and stranger places by keeping the characters on their toes without breaking the flow of conversation/interrogation. Stopping the conversation makes it harder for the show to reach its "things get increasingly crazy" rhythm.

Tim DID do a good job of playing that game with the Ching Chong Matinee / Star Trek stuff, which I think everyone on Earth will agree turned out funnier than the Jenga interruption or the fake crying interruption or whatever else I forget he did

typing this much about comedy on a Tuesday morning, ugh, gently caress me

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

when's mom coming home

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

indigi posted:

Jerrod seemed to really get into the flow of things by the end there, hopefully he starts popping up on other podcasts.

Didn't take long for that wish to come true! He's on today's You Made It Weird :)

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Marc Marron, what a loving great episode

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

dog poop n doritos posted:

Oh my god, when Scott asks August if he can stick around for 5 hours and he immediately says yes is maybe one of my favorite CBB moments ever.

That whole episode is loving amazing. One of my all-time favorites. "Wait, how big is your dog?" "Oh, about 6'2."

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

I'm catching up on the live episodes. Holy poo poo this episode with Brett Gelman and Jon Daly (The Golfer) is loving bananas. I love Gelman so much.

edit: and Matt Besser has some weird lifelong obsession with Jesus and making GBS threads in a bowl

Reformed Pissboy fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Aug 2, 2012

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

weinus posted:

What ep# is this?

Season 3, episode 7. Human tunnels, yes.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Deadpool posted:

I think the episode of CBB with the Superego guys is an underrated gem. Paul F. Tompkins does a solid job filling in for Saucerman and Kaitlin Olson is pretty great on it too.

Absolutely. Can I burn you up a tuna fished sandwich?

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

SpacePig posted:

One of my favorite moments was when people actually did join in with Scott in singing. Except it was "Wake me Up Before you Go Go", and Scott didn't know the words. I wish I could remember what episode it was, or at least who the guest was so I could look it up.

Episode 103, second clip on the site there (edit: the 2 year anniversary / 1st ep as Comedy Bang Bang)

Reformed Pissboy fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Nov 20, 2012

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

GraPar posted:

Speaking of Burning Love, the cast for Season 2 (men this time) will definitely be of interest to CBB fans http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/12/03/burning-love-ken-marino-seasons-2-and-3-exclusive/

drat, that's a killer cast. Why isn't Janet Varney there though :mad:

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

You apologize to Jack Sjunior this instant.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

I forgot how great Chelsea's laugh after her Martha Plimpton joke is. Best laugh of 2012.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Also on 144 - Clones and Oliver Stones, which I maintain is the true spiritual successor to Farts and Procreation.

But for real, we met... under a bridge.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

rapeface posted:

Gilly + PFT followed by Zooks + Andy Daly is just too much.

Has Zooks been on with the Wompler before? I know they were on How Did This Get Made, but ever since Jessica St. Clair explained on Who Charted that they went to college together, I've wanted to see them together in more stuff.

They were together on an Earwolf Presents of Wompler's show, where Jason played Gutterballs the sound engineer. http://www.earwolf.com/episode/the-christmas-womptacular/

You should also immediately check out the Improv4Humans ep with Jason, Jessica and Lennon because holy poo poo http://www.earwolf.com/episode/quadruple-mix-in/

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Lauren's character was great and she had a lot of funny lines. Really good episode.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

In an episode where everyone was on fire, Rust and Campbell went nuclear. Holy poo poo.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

escape artist posted:

Gillian seems like she has no interest in being there.

Couldn't be more wrong, she's acting the hell outta this.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Rock and roll. Blue jeans. Commercials for rye bread.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Eltoasto posted:

Best character chat? Well all I can say is "Oh...hello"

Now, is this referring to George, or Gil?

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Motherfuckers actin like they forgot about Toonces, The Cat Who Could Drive A Car

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Yannick_B posted:

I would love nothing more than a discussion between Chico Davis and any of Jon Wurster's characters.

This is absolutely a match made in heaven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

tnimark posted:

I'm enjoying PFT working "tis a consumation devoutly to be wished" into every live show so far. Obviously set himself a goal there.

I'm working through the backlog and this and "I'll allow it -- but watch yourself" are both killing me.