Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Beeez posted:

I unfortunately will not be attending any of the shows, is it work buying that bundle of the downloads on the store?

It's super easy. It uses Gumroad; you enter your CC info and they give you a link to a zip of the current episodes, and email you when a new episode comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Beeez posted:

Oh, sorry, I'm a fool, I meant is it worth it.

Maybe it's just me, but for me, they absolutely are. They're at least as funny as any studio episode, but with the added energy of having a live audience. I also enjoy giving money to folks that have provided literally hundreds of hours of free entertainment to me :clint:

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Full episode, one of my all-time favorites. Matt Gourley and Jeremy Carter are so loving funny.

Reformed Pissboy fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Oct 18, 2013

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

The off (and on) mic laughing in this episode is loving spectacular.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

I'm talkin' with the man in the hee-hee.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

I looked at a clip and the sound production for The National on SNL was really bad, the band was like a quarter as loud as the audience. If the sound was better it probably would have prevented this apparent epidemic of people sleeping themselves... TO DEATH

This episode was more understated than usual, but still good. Thankfully James Adomian didn't get quite as weird with his character interactions in this episode as when he did Philip Seymour Hoffman & Paul Giamatti.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

WoodrowSkillson posted:

I am not aware of any of my gay friends who are as uncomfortable about the whole thing as he is.

I mean, Todd was also closeted for 40+ years, grew up in the nurturing environment of 1970s Philly, watched Eddie Murphy/Andrew Dice Clay/Sam Kinison/et al. kill in the 80s with homophobic material, and so on. I have to imagine there's a lot of inertia from his upbringing that's contributing to his hangups. He really was cloaking it for a long rear end time.

edit: beaten

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

The buzzing was annoying until it went away, then it was hilarious when it came back in the middle of the unintelligible interview. Good rear end comedy timing there

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

manyak posted:

I dont even think its an opinion , let alone a bad opinion, that Kulap is not funny. She literally never tries to be funny or say anything funny. She seems cool but if anyone can find evidence of her being funny i actually would like to see it

Her episode of You Made It Weird, assuming you can handle vintage Pete Holmes, has a lot of riffing (before it gets into her family story and I Want To Believe stuff that Pete eats up). It's not GREAT comedy but it's good imho.

edit: I guess it's not really as good as I remember. Well, I tried.

Reformed Pissboy fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Aug 19, 2014

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Why he get loving crucified for can't believe that?

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Have you ever flown Laugh-Danza Airlines?

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

xbilkis posted:

It's pretty crazy to think the best joke of all time was made on the Comedy Bang Bang podcast

It was actually on Mike Detective, and it was "I was like a guy who swallowed a hammer — too late"

Oh true. Mike Detective is loving fantastic for this stuff. So sad that they're never going to make a season 2 :(

Speaking of horses, if the person they shot was her sister, Tawny's emotional state would soon be like how a rapper references how a horse walks — DISTRAUGHT.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

PFT is a funny rear end dude but he has some occasional weird anger issues (as he admits himself (where'd I hear this recently? I think on that Baby Geniuses maxfun show?)) and I guess that manifests as him getting snippy and anal about continuity and characters and receiving supportive texts sometimes. Everybody's got their own bugaboos but PFT being everywhere in the world magnifies it.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

IIRC the dolphin is not the Improv's but the mural artist's personal mascot, which is of course awesome

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

kidsam posted:

here's the full Geegland/Faison show that was mentioned on their latest episode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkitRyvdtJY

Hahaha that was so great. There were a couple of jokes repeated from their CBB ep but a lot of new and really funny stuff. The audience interaction and physical bits were very fun! Good! It's good!

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Todd and Benjamin both are children/teens with supernaturally large penises, I guess is the through line. Yummy.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

"Which one died?"
"...The blowjob one"
*everyone gasps*
"Not during!"

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

"Oui Man"

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

loool

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

cams posted:

I can't believe Middleditch has never been on the show, he fits so godamn well.

cams posted:

Yeah this episode made me cry laughing at several points.

Certainly not the ads though :colbert:

I like the way Snrub thinks

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

I had some idea from his appearances on YMIW and Hollywood Handbook, both of which are superb, but he really went for it like a madman here. such a great episode

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

I think she was mentioned specifically because she's universally loved (obviously) but still has a very specific and well-defined wheelhouse. It's a supportive "this is good, so why not that" comparison

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Periodiko posted:

I feel like improv is crucial to Superego because a lot of the funniest stuff is the weird loose unpolished rambling, like Matt Gourley's legendary "confidently start a sentence with no earthly idea how to end it" thing, or people understandably becoming confused about what's happening ("I'm a woman"). I had the same initial reaction - that it seemed overproduced - but it grows on you. It takes a few episodes to get the format, IMO.

The production becomes a necessity when you hear their unedited segments, because the environment that encourages such silly, unpredictable improv also requires a lot of time for exploration (as heard in that link)

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Thoogsby posted:

Also Ep 38 hosted by PFT with the Superego guys and Kaitlin Olson. It's one of the funnier early episodes.

It's one of the best episodes in the pantheon of CDR/CBB imo, even given the interminable clip of PFT singing a Smiths song

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

I'm a woman.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

I can't believe they didn't have Middleditch do his Kumail impression :(

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

VagueRant posted:

I want to hear this.

Middleditch does it somewhere in his You Made It Weird episode, I'll see if I can find a timecode later

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

cams posted:

this might be the most fever dreamy episode of the year

Perfect description of it. This episode was really loving funny

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Crankit posted:

Maybe it's just me, but for me it's gotta be Do You Prefer?

That was the episode that cemented CDR/CBB for me as worth following to the end of the earth. The WYR started as "would you rather be Wesley Snipes' personal assistant, or hit a child with a car?" and went off the rails to a truly impressive degree

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

swamp thing??

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

tweed hoodie baja runs through the town,
upstairs, downstairs, in his nightgown

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

also john darnielle, the proest pick of them all

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

That episode rules because it's basically a Superego episode with a Kaitlin Olson interview sprinkled in.
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/paul-f-tompkins-steps-in/

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Well it's hollywood facts

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

E.T. NO HOMO posted:

Has anyone heard from Gillian Jacobs IS SHE OK someone get her on the horn

It's funny you say this, because I just heard that Garry Marshall died...

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

literally get howl just for the comic con ep, imo

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

So many people (rightfully) on board with Gil & George, but so few for Ronna & Beverly, the same characters. As Yusuf once said, it's a wild world. :guinness:

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

detective monkey paw posted:

Andy Daly mentioned on Never Not Funny that DiMello is a huge Trump fan.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMKPJrql0B4/?taken-by=pftompkins

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

hot Hamilton takes in November 2016 are the worst thing to happen to podcast threads since fart fart fart fart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Brett Gelman and Cyrus Ghahremani should have been in Hamilton imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00HmMfyR1TI