Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

So i've been watching the Andy Daly Cactus Tony episode on youtube, and i realized I don't know the origin of the side by side. Which episode was it where he first mentioned them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Yesss. Thanks!

And on the Andy Daly note, I think of my favorite CBB moments is when Daly is Poet Laureate of the west, and Scott and Manzoukas start breaking character and try to give him an intervention. It's about 10 minutes of pure gold.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Popelmon posted:

Close, but no cigar. Also Andy Daly, also Manzoukas. Daly played the Irish Limerick-writer and he somehow managed to trick Jason into reading out "his best Limerick ever". When Scott and Jason realized that Jason was completely hosed has to be my favorite CBB moment.

What number episode is this?

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I'm listening to the 4th anniversary show, and there's nothing better than PFT's huge background guffaw when Scott says WAINSCOTTING.

Someone needs to make a supercut of people in the background laughing really loud.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Cast No Engine posted:

I listened to two of the three Mantzoukas/Daly episodes today (Dalton Wilcox and Chip Gardner) and drat I'd be hard pressed to say that the Chip Gardner ep isn't the best CBB/CDR episode ever. And that's coming from a tried and true F&P1 fan.

It just has so many amazing moments, so much straight up silliness, and a really amazing storyline that plays out perfectly.

Mantzoukas rules, I wish I liked How Did This Get Made more, I just don't feel like they ever watch movies I'm really interested in hearing about.

CHIP. SHUT UP CHIP, JUST SHUT THE gently caress UP!

Edit: Snubs, and they snubbed when they flubbed them.

ArtVandelay fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jun 29, 2013

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Me in Reverse posted:

Scott continuing to call back the "people born in the 50s are 50" bit to people who have no idea what he's talking about is my absolute favorite thing.

What episode did that start? i'll be damned if I can remember.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Zsinjeh posted:

Fairly certain it was the 4th Anniversary as I have a recollection that David Wain got into the bit as well. But it might have been brought up from before that as well.

I was listening to that a few days ago, and i'm pretty sure the joke started before that.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

"Don, do you work at the Arclight?"

..."i'm just the night manager."

His pause and then the way he says it just floors me every time.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I think they forgot to mention that Hot Dog killed himself during Andy Daly's cavalcade of suicidal character spree.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Okay, i'm trying to find a certain would you rather, and I absolutely cannot remember the episode it was in. It was a ridiculous scenario in which someone had to spend their life inside a disgusting portopotty that happened to be the size of a city, and all his friends were in there, but it was disgusting and I think they would all die of noxious fumes or something. Can anyone remember the episode?

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Beeez posted:

Pretty sure it was on Ride Like Hell. A.K.A. episode 173.

Yes, that's it. Thanks!

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

The best Andy Daly episode will always be the cavalcade of character suicides. Episode 148.

I also love the episode with Adomian as Hoffman and briefly Giamatti, Nick Thune, and Lapkus as Scott's nephew Todd. She absolutely kills it in that episode.

Also the first 2 Paul Rust New No No episodes are definitely a must listen, if not just for Jessica St Clair's reaction to them.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

If you don't like cakeboss, then you should probably just give up.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

When scott asks Richard Harrow if he is a bit of undigested potato, what is that in reference to? For the life of me, I can't remember.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Drunkboxer posted:

So what is the Gillian Jacobs "sorry" thing that Scott Anchorman is always referencing? I've heard all her eps with PFT, was it something in an earlier one?

A terrible Kristin Wiig character on SNL named Gilly who was always up to no good.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I love SNL and I loved Kristin Wiig on the show. I've been watching for like 25 years, and I gotta say Gilly was probably the worst recurring thing i've ever seen on there. Even Wiig hated doing it, but the writers had no idea how to write for her, it was really sad.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I don't think i've ever heard anyone laugh so hard for so long like Maria Bamford. You can clearly see just how much she loves the character.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

"Don, can I ask you a question? Do you manage the Arclight?"

"I'm just the night manager."

Everytime he says that, I can't stop laughing. Such a perfect delivery.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I only listen to podcasts at work, and since I work for the government, I haven't listened in a few weeks now. Looks like I have a bit of an embarrassment of riches to come back to, especially after last nights DC show (which I had a chance to get tickets to, but had no interest in going to the ghetto that is the 9:30 club).

The first Todd appearance is one of my favorites ever, so I can't wait to get back to work!

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I love the way he slyly stuck Cactus Tony in there.

Also, "I now consider her an escaped slave."

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

We're also leaving out the best part of the Shelly Driftwood ep, in which he witnesses his car dealer boss have sex with someone that isn't his wife. He is in a tree watching them lie down right next to each other, and the guys penis goes across and inside. It's probably the hardest i've ever laughed at CBB.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Also it was JonBenet Ramsey's house!

Okay, that part's not true

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Politicalrancor posted:

Goodfelines was robbed! Robbed!

Yes, can't believe that didn't make the top 15. The whole Easter Island story, through the electrician having an affair with the Car dealers wife is really up there in my best of CBB as a whole.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Crankit posted:

Where's where's the beef?

Beep the beep?

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Devonaut posted:

Mall McCartney got flubbed and snubbed.

It got an assisted fall

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

Was Zach Galafleanakis involved in this at all?

Cat on a hot chili pepper roof

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Coffee in hot car with menthol cigarette

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

JethroMcB posted:

It gets the ideas flowing, sitting in my mustard yellow Vulva.

Lizzy Caplans totally anguished "I hate it here" always gets me howling with laughter.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

My first exposure to The National was on SNL a few weeks ago, and they were so boring I nearly fell asleep. And i've never even heard of the other musical guest. Should be a real fun episode.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

God never closes a door. You did it, you were sleepwalking.

If it's waining, open youw umbwella. If the wain still comes thwough, you got a PWOBLEM!

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I completely lost it about the time that JW Stillwater showed up. HEY, YA'LL HEAR THEM SIREENS?

We need so many more JW Stillwater episodes.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Also when he was Fagen Platt and had a hilarious interplay with Jenny Slate involving them kissing on top of a mountain and accidentally committing incest.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Technicality no down boo over?

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

The Bored IJennyBe

I shouldn't love this joke as much as I do

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Coffee in hot car with menthol cigarette

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I think you have to include the Shelly Driftwood episode too

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Oh golly, you devil!

Or something about an assisted fall

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Usually I only like Pamela Murphy on I4H, but I have to say I loved this character. Probably because Scott loved it so much, and instantly pushed her into weirder and weirder ground. I never watched the State, so I don't know Kevin Allison, but he certainly sounds like a less annoying, more gay Pete Holmes.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

As much as i'd like to give the #1 spot to Bever Hopox and Chico Hands, I still have to give it JW Stillwaters first appearance. It's hysterical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

VagueRant posted:

I've got a "song" stuck in my head that I'm sure is from CBB and I can't figure out the source. Would've been a female character, possibly a southern accent, sang a very repetitive song. Something like "blankblank, blankblank, whaddya know! Blankblank, blankblank, where do you go!" Or something.

Help me out so I can excorcise this catchy demon.

the Dreama Peaches episode from a few weeks ago. Mary Holland is great.