Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I love Analyze Phish because I see both sides of it. I was a diehard Phish fan from 1989 to 1993, and have gradually started hating them more and more. I think Harris should try "Run Like an Antelope"... but then again, what's the point? Even if he manages to find 5 Phish songs that Scott can tolerate, that doesn't exactly equate to being a Phish fan. But it's just so enjoyable to hear his desperation, and Scott's reactions.

Favorite non-CBB Earwolf podcast, though? Not a chance, not on a network with Who Charted, Professor Blastoff, and Earwolf Challenge.

It sucks that Eardrop fizzled out. It was such a great idea, but quickly devolved into just Doug's tour dates, "airport sounds" and Steve Agee's annoying "Cue the sound effect!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I wonder if most goons are too young to appreciate a Garry Marshall impression.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Funny, Herzog is my least favorite PFT character, probably because I'm too familiar with the real guy. The voice isn't quite right, the attitude isn't quite right. And I would say that Cake Boss is my favorite (with Ice T a close second), and I've never seen a second of that show. So maybe my Marshall comment was off. I just find it funny that PTF really seems to capture the essence of Garry Marshall, vaguely confused and mildly belligerent.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I haven't listened yet but I love Brody Stevens so I'm looking forward to it.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Majorian posted:

Just wanted to point out that Bob Ducca's "TV Ailments" lists on yesterday's and today's "Affirmation Nation" is loving amazing.

It sounds like there's a part 3 coming too.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Hearing Ghost Boy again reminds me how much I miss CyberThug :(

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Yeah, pretty much. It's better when they have someone to bounce off of, but I saw a lot of potential in it.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Preview of next week's ep, with Andy Daly and Jason Mantzoukas.

And if you can't get enough Andy Daly, check out the first episode of Matt Besser's new podcast, improv4humans.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

E2M2 posted:

So who actually did Miles Archer's character?

Sean Dickerson

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I haven't listened to Margaret Cho in ages (for obvious reasons) but I don't remember her voice being this weird. Did she have a stroke or something?

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Mr. Squishy posted:

Is there a CBB/CDR where Giamatti guests?

Episode 72 and 93. Adomian again. Amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFc4isTDaAk

e:f,b

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

"What Am I Thinking?" is good once in a while. But they really have been overdoing it lately. They need to mix it up with more "Who Said It?", "Jukebox Jury", et cetera.

I really really enjoy "Would You Rather?" but I wish they would do more where it starts with a relatively mundane question. It's a lot more fun to evolve a concept into something insane rather than already beginning with something "zany" (e.g., shot-for-shot remake of E.T. with only kangaroos).

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I'm in the middle of it. It's not the funniest thing ever, but it's amusing.

During the Cheers reading, it occurred to me that Kevin Nealon's voice actually does sound an awful lot like Ted Danson's.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Li'l Gary!

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

CommunistMojo posted:

The christmas episode needed more Lil Gary and Bob Ducca. Christ I missed Bob.

Yeah it's nice to have Bob back in the mix. Although "Affirmation Nation" can be pretty funny sometimes, it's better to hear him bouncing off other people.

Gooch posted:

lil gary is a loving stupid character please don't give them any ideas on giving him more airtime. My 9 yr old nephew does the same bit, its not funny to anyone not even in an ironic way. If you think it's funny your brain is tricking you.

Oh, you're one of those people.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

plastered quack posted:

In other news, the new Gelmania is up.
Fans of Gelman's short stories from CBB might want to listen, since this one contains "Oink Friday", the short story he was cut off from reading on last year's CBB christmas episode.

Gelman's persona is wearing thin already. I think he should parcel out his bits in smaller servings, Bob Ducca-style.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

dancehall posted:

It seriously bugs me how comedians always go "When I played the Comedy Cellar..." No, you didn't play anything, you talked.

You're dumb if that "seriously bugs" you.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Cast No Engine posted:

I miss Adomian's fat, food critic character, that guy was disgusting and hilarious!

Merrill Shindler! I miss him too :(

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Max22 posted:

I thought the bit in the Ronna and Beverly episode about Scott Aukerman's wife having giant breasts was just a joke :stare:

All Earwolf fans should be watching Children's Hospital.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

This is a really boring episode. David Wain is already boring, don't bring on your boring father and kid. And Gary Busey is just too easy a character. Adomian is basically doing Jesse Ventura without the anger.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

OMG that was amazing. please let Don DeMello be alive

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Crankit posted:

Is there a thing which lists the episodes that different characters appear in, I want to hear more Lil Gary, El Chupacabra and so on, but I can't remember who does what character.

Lil Gary - Tom Lennon
El Chupacabra - Nick Kroll

The Wikipedia page is pretty good about telling when the major characters appear, at least for the earlier episodes.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

caveman thug poo poo posted:

That's easy I'll go with the disclaimers

SpacePig posted:

I think I'll vote for the 15-minute disclaimer scenario.

I'm sorry, I'm going to have you dock you both points for voting early.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Marissa Wompler seems a lot more toned down than on previous episodes.

The discussion of the "holding technique" reminded me of the movie Warrendale.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

RandolphCarter posted:

This was the first time I was able to guess the responses during Scotts celebrity interview.

Even the Culture Club one?

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Blackula69 posted:

e: and lol at the reaction on the Earwolf message boards, people don't get it

There is a grand total of two people on the Earwolf message board who didn't get it/didn't know who Tony Clifton is.

I'm pretty bored with Zmuda living off Kaufman's corpse and telling the same loving stories over and over again.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Rod Ogg

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Politicalrancor posted:

I haven't liked andy kindler since he blocked me on twitter/was lame

Kindler loving owns and now I wanna know what you did to make him block you.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I love Marissa Wompler but I dunno how funny she'd be without Scott to bounce off of.

I miss Little Gary and Bill Cosby Bukowski :(

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Huell Howser was just on the TV show, and I believe Bob Ducca is supposed to be on this week.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Beeez posted:

I was listening to episode 90 and at the very end to play the show out they play this instrumental song with Scott making references to "The Duke". Does anyone know what song this is? I've tried looking up "The Duke" but I've come up empty.

It's "The Duke" by The Reigning Monarchs, Greg Behrendt's band.

http://music.thereigningmonarchs.com/track/the-duke

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Beeez posted:

Thanks a lot. The "He's Just Not That Into You" fad bugged me but this song is pretty cool.

If you're not listening to Walking the Room, you should be.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Rusty Kettle posted:

$25 for a new CBB everyday between the July 29th and August 10th? If they are all the standard length, this is a great deal. Plus it is about time I give back to the show that has been giving me free laughs all these years.

Hmm, did they say a new one every day? As of a few hours ago it was just the Gelman/Daly one... but it's not the 29th yet. I'm assuming there will be at least nine to make it a bargain over paying $2.99 for individual shows.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Minneapolis live show is available. Bjork and Jesse Ventura

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

The second Chicago show is terrible. Gary Busey is Adomian's worst character, just a toned-down Ventura with lazy acronym jokes. And Phelps pretty much goes nowhere.

First show is good though. I know he's a divisive character but I always enjoy Shindler.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

burmart posted:

So I have a bunch of plane trips coming up and bought the Summer Tour Podcasts. The only problem is, I can't seem to figure out how I actually go about getting them. A little help?

Use the Store link at Earwolf.com, make your purchase, they email you a link where you can download them.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

That was my least favorite of the shows so far. I'm getting drat sick of Tim Heidecker, and I never thought I'd say this, but Huell Howser is wearing mighty thin too.

Of course, I'm sure it's a different experience being at the live show as opposed to listening to one every day.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I had a dream last night that there was a new Cyberthug takeover episode.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

There are two (extremely white) women that work in my building who think Stuart is the funniest thing ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I am kinda bored with Cake Boss and Dame/Sir/Lord ALW, but Garry Marshall is still fun for me. And I would love to see Ice T make a comeback. I love his poorly-named money-making schemes.