Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
The problem with the Netflix comparison is that Netflix shows cost millions to make, the difference between what it offers and what a youtuber can offer is huge, Earwolf doesn't exactly cost that much to run and the basic difference between one west coast comedy podcast and another is miniscule.

I think that Uncle Bertie is a step in the right direction, because it has higher production values compared to basically anything else Earwolf puts out.

But Uncle Bertie's Botanarium had almost as long a preproduction as Fury Road, I'm joking but that thing was on New Zealand kickstater in 2012. They were even going to make a movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soexbmAgkwU

So Uncle Bertie's is a bit of a fluke, a practically ready made high production narrative podcast waiting for additional funding. I don't know how Howl will be able to sustain the level of quality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Teenage Fansub posted:

I'm absolutely sure I've heard that sack of tools story on another podcast.

Yep, I think he told it on the Best Show.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I don't know where else to put this but

:sickos:
https://twitter.com/JosephPera/status/1620815968388935680

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
2 hours of involuted Andy Daly character continuity let's see how this goes

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Will really benefits from coming in with a very normal character who gets weird rather than a demon or some other front loaded bit. His style of improv is all about discovery and discovery improv tends to go towards the opposite of what you start out as. The incredible becomes mundane and the mundane becomes incredible.

This goes doubly when you've got hostile interrogators like most of the people on a CBB podcast.

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 09:11 on May 6, 2023

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Gethard the improviser/impish comedian = A+

Gethard the heartfelt listener and conciliatory/comforting guy = A

Gethard as himself and his own ideas = B at best

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I don't think I've laughed harder than the Wendagabrus saga

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I love GLTS and how the best jokes are impenetrable if you haven't watched literally hundreds of hours of live streams

One day the Wrecking Crew will go to Malta and do an Irishman with Da and Grogizmo (these shapes are public domain) in the Butterverse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Andy Daly's appearances becoming involuted LORE was bad although he's been slowly backing off from that