Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
What are some good James Adomian as Huell Howser episodes? I've heard a few and I tried searching the info for "Huell" but I don't have a lot of results. What's the one where he folds himself up into a jacket?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I'm re-listening to the Adam Scott, Harris Wittels and Chelsea Peretti episode and it is still one of the funniest things I have ever heard.

I can re-listen to that episode any number of times and never get tired of it. It seriously has me rolling every single time I hear it.

"It's called Carl's Juniors... hamburgers."

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
132 David Wain,Margret Cho,James Adomian,Grant Lee Phillips

So excited right now!

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

CommunistMojo posted:

Lil Gary's christmas song was pure inspired genius and Dame Sir Andrew Loyd Webber Boss agrees.

Honestly it might be the highlight of the episode for me.

Also, am I the only one who likes Lord Dame Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber more than Cake Boss? PFT just seems so natural in the character.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
I am really disappointed that no one has taken Little Gary's Christmas song and put it on youtube yet.

I want to send it to everyone that I know.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

GraPar posted:

Harris was on Parks & Rec last night, if anyone didn't see it. He plays a man called Harris who loves Phish.

Loved that shirt!

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
I really don't get this show. I thought this was a show like Ali G or something where the host would have real guests and sort of do a "mock" interview type deal. When I heard that Spielberg was on I was really excited! I was really shocked to hear he was appearing on a podcast and was going to be telling stories about his time during the making of Raiders.

What I heard instead was someone doing what seemed to be an "impression" of Spielberg while talking complete nonsense and wasting my time. Plus, the recipe he shared didn't even turn out well at all:

Overall I give this podcast an F... plus.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
Ok let's try a new list. I will start us off and we can count them down together:

Number one: Hot Dog
Number Zero: Deceased (eaten) R2-D2 android cake

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Mogambo posted:

Here's my top ten list of worst lists of all time:

1)this one

Think about what you've done you monster.

Come on back me up here! You dove right into the Oscars thing!

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Riptor posted:

holy poo poo the boston show was fantastic

Nooooo don't tell me this I couldn't go despite living half an hour from the venue.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
I hope we get a show with Marissa and Seth on together. He really is a caring step-dad.

I am imagining Seth as either Adam Scott or Seth Morris

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Al! posted:

That's funny because I picture Seth Romatelli.

I have no words to describe how incredible that would be.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Mr. Squishy posted:

Rodney should be John Hamm but he never speaks, just rustles his 3 trenchcoats.

What? Why do you say that? He talks to me all the time.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Power of Pecota posted:

El Chupacabra and his group of sidekicks are one of the consistently funniest things for me on CBB, I was dying at the Old Man Juarez and donkey parts.

Ugh I hate that loving goat, though. I hope we never have to hear from it's stupid mouth ever again.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
I haven't gotten through the entire ep yet, but it seems like Jon Daly has been hanging out with Heidecker a little too much. His Peppermen premise reminds me a lot of Tim's fake promo thing.

Still pretty funny though. I love it with Zach is on because his chemistry with Scott is pretty great.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

NotWearingPants posted:

I don't get the Hollywood Nights thing. Could someone explain?

http://youtu.be/IK6ql7fKG0U

REFERENCE! Bob Seger

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
As someone who interviews high schoolers for summer jobs, I can confidently say that Lapkus nailed that character. I almost fell out of my seat as soon as she said her first sentence.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
I've got two tickets to the later show in Boston that I'm not going to be able to use. Is anyone in this thread interested before I put them on StubHub?

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Fezz posted:

Was this posted yet?

It's the Bazooka Joe comic described in the Hey Really Giger episode.

Does anyone know the timecode for this part of the episode?

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

kdrudy posted:

The best episode of the year was The Calvins Twins anyways so it doesn't matter.

I keep forgetting that was this year. Do we need a get out and vote campaign complete with horses punching each other?

Ya gotta laugh!

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
Was the inception of "Riddle Me This" during this year? I'm having a hard time remembering which episode it was. Also, which episode had PFT and Lapkus doing the "sign-off off"?

Quick let's do 2 pages of our top 10s, GO!

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

a worthy uhh posted:

Closing sentiment-off was JW Stillwater and Traci Reardon. I can't recall which epi though.

Google helps apparently when you have the right name of the game. It was the 5th anniversary show. Episode 283 (although apparently they did it live on episode 265 also.)

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Punch Card posted:

The Calvins Twins are going to place way lower than they should because they were so early in the year. It's like why you don't release Oscar-bait in March.

What I'm more worried about not getting votes is the Victor and Tiny episode with Mikey Birbs which was apparently in this voting year.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Cloks posted:

Best twelve days of the year.

Let's count them down:

Day 1: the Oscar pre-preview

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Poopy Palpy posted:

If I have to recommend a show starring former members of The State it's going to be Stella, but Reno 9/11 was good too.

Is Viva Variety ever going to come to DVD?

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
I haven't finished the episode yet, but my favorite part so far has to be Harris' joy on learning that Adam's first girlfriend has since passed away.

"See! That poo poo happens... it happens in threes!"

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
Check out the pictures for the show. In particular Lapkus has an iPhone case that simply reads, "I AM VERY BUSY"

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

GraPar posted:

I love loving, mmm...

I'm not really a fan of theirs, but in defense of Scott, Stars aren't exactly an 'old person' band, and were pretty firmly cool/hipster-approved around like 2005 when Broken Social Scene was a big deal.

Speaking of music, it does seem somehow appropriate that Claudia O'Doherty is on CBB the day Courtney Barnett's album is released - solid day for funny Australian ladies.

Claudia O'Doherty deserves 3 times the success of Nick Kroll and Lauren Lapkus combined.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
Where do I sign to get Middleditch to come back for an entire episode as his China character?

Scott and Kumail's immediate repulsion of the character was the hardest I've laughed since the Calvins twins and I loved Martin Starr jumping right in on it.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

feedmyleg posted:

I can't imagine that's the case. A lot of the CBB characters have been part of the comics acts for years, and I've heard others show up on podcasts on other networks, like Don Dimello on Superego.

That may be true in some cases, but from what I understand, Midroll owns Tom Leykis outright in exchange for him appearing on various programs. I think it's also a weird case since Nerdist does have some equity in Tom (NYSE: BLOWME) from his appearances on Todd Glass' show.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
You guys liked her on the show? I thought her "accent" or whatever was obnoxious. I thought her segment with Gino really dragged.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

FordPRefectLL posted:

She sounds like someone with a southern accent trying not to have one.

Or someone who went to too many dialect coaching workshops and now over-pronounces everything.

edit: Wikipedia says she's from Worcester. I believe my hunch is correct.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
I think the thing for me is more whether or not the musician is a good guest on the show. I really didn't care for the Stars people all that much but I thought they were fun guests. On the other hand if Sturgill Simpson or someone else I really liked was on and they were lovely and in-fun, I would be just as disappointed.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

quote:

One practice is teaching a horse how to "box" by holding them up with rope and forcing them to jab the air as if they were boxing.

You haven't lived until you've seen a horse rear up on its hind legs and punch another horse in the mouth. A lot of broken jaws,

quote:

To teach the horse to be merciless, they are put in a fake arena with a goat which they are expected to clobber to death.

If a goat appear in the first act, it's gonna die by the third.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

feedmyleg posted:

I think we can all agree that Claudia O'Doherty is brilliant.

It may be an easy joke but, "Never the Twain Shall Meet" is hilarious.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Zsinjeh posted:

I add reverb to all my podcasts

Crankit posted:

I play podcasts at regular speed, but I hire a drummer to play along live, it really heightens the experience.

You two should get together and maybe do both. I think you're on to something here...

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
So far Tim Baltz is my favorite fresh face on CBB of 2016. He seems so comfortable with the format and willing to try new stuff and find ways for it to be funny without relying on a catchphrase or easy joke. The first time he said "Sugar Babies" I almost lost it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

ArtVandelay posted:

Guys, you're going to love tonights show, it's an absolutely instant classic.

Sunny and Chazmin come out, and are joined by quite a few other people. There's some seriously startling new details and revelations. Then Rick Faber shows up, gets about 5 minutes in, and is immediately overshadowed by Silantame and Scarsdale.

Lauren was laughing way too hard and almost fell off her stool about 10 times. Great show.

Man and all I got in Boston was an Alan Thicke (my least favorite PFT character) and a world record holder for most wishes granted. It was funny, but not great. Luck of the draw I guess. :smith: