Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

And god, Scott's interns are just terribly unprofessional, I don't even know how that Wompler kid got her own podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

feedmyleg posted:

Which, if anyone hasn't listened to it, is a good time.

Man I've got a backlog building up now, just pile it on :sigh:
The Wompler episodes of CBB are always a good time though, so yeah, I've got high hopes for this.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I always feel underwhelmed by these episodes with a ton of characters but they usually grow on me as I listen to them more. The Time Keeper and Joe Wengert's character are great and HoHo is always a welcome addition but I'll echo the meh @ cake boss. I was really hoping for Jarles...

The Timekeeper running out of breath at the end was #classicjarles though

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

So basically I have another podcast I need to keep track of? Ugh, first world problems big time. This was a great episode though, that script was hilarious, I love the ending.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Six beignets!

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

SpacePig posted:

I think a big key to PFT is that he seems to focus on making sure the people he's performing with are having fun rather than fighting them for laughs.

Going by how much you hear him laughing in the background, it’s definitely just all about having a good time

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

It was basically a means for PFT to keep doing improv with his Workjuice Player pals and I miss it

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Goddamn Lisa Gilroy is a wild card

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Man, either the Crypt Keeper lost his touch with puns, or he’s a master on a level unreachable by anyone else on earth

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

He’s also on 108.9 The Hawk this week, which I’m not even sure anyone’s really heard of (I only learned about it when Gabrus talked classic rock radio with the hosts on High & Mighty)

I haven’t listened yet because it’s been a poo poo week but I’ll get to it this weekend

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Laughed harder than I have at a lot of episodes with "Shapoopie, shapoopie, the girl is not a whore". God drat the timing and enthusiasm were just perfect.

Vera was a fun A-block guest, Tim as Randy is quick as gently caress, and that poo poo right there

C+ grepisode, for sure

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I like to think of JAJ’s Trump—at least in that episode—as one from a Less Dark Timeline in which he didn’t become president, so his brainworms weren’t quite so malicious and he’s instead just a goofy as gently caress chowderhead

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Mr. Squishy posted:

I'm still not sure to what extent Flula Borg is a real person.

Had I never seen him before, I’d have assumed he was a PFT character (both did voice work for CentaurWorld; coincidence?). But I did see him on something and he didn’t have the trademark PFT mustache, so that theory is dead

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Rick Rubin is a pretty major get though, and no worries about SAG/AFTRA!

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Until Lisa Gilroy came around, I always thought of Betsy as the wild card

She still very much is on doughboys

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Chairman Capone posted:

This was a really great episode but the funniest part was Scott forgetting to tell Will Hines, apparently badmouthing him for being a no show during the breaks, realizing his mistake, texting him, Hines racing over to make it… just to immediately get turned into Harvey Weinstein.

The other guests were fuckin’ relentless about it too

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Speedboat Jones posted:

And last year when he played "The CEO of Dominos, Snake Eyes" when he kept doing the "we messed up, Scott..." bit had me dying.

That was my favorite bit in that episode and I feel like it was overlooked. Carl Tart is consistently amazing and he’s an all-timer on Doughboys as well.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

The back and forth with Bruba refusing, in that robotic voice, until finally saying “Bruba go do” was the icing on the cake.

I just got back from grocery shopping, where I heard “The Look of Love” by ABC, having to hold back my laughter because nobody was going to get it

Now I have “Poison Arrow” in my head

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Empty Sandwich posted:

Eban Schletter who did live piano for PFT's Spontaneanation is incredible at it. (looks as though he might've written the Mr Show theme, too. and a bunch of other poo poo.)

I think he mostly scores things afterwards but James Bladon of Superego is also king poo poo at comedy music

e: Superego has a couple different fake bands. Neko Case did a sketch on one season and is incredibly funny

Shunt McGuppin is a living legend
[edit] he might be dead tho who even knows

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I love Lily Sullivan’s dumb little on-the-spot throwaway characters like Tony Sony

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Man, Thomas Lennon hasn’t been on CBB in a long time, and I think the gap before the last time he was on was even longer than that

Guess that means he’s gotten more successful (and PFT is a total washup)

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I’m listening to that announcement right now, wild; wonder who else will be made into figures

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I’m in the middle of it but I already lost it twice, first in Pine Sol Lady’s involvement in the LA riots, and then her friends that she’s bringing to her Super Bowl commercial

Silly! You goose!

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Of course Hot Dog is possessed by Don Dimello, himself possessed by Golly

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Just got a notification that season 6 of Threedom is coming next week. I was actually kinda wondering if they were going to come back. Bonus Threemium episodes for CBB World subscribers.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Tony So New York: Biggest pizza in New York, pizzas the size-a ya fuckin’ head, biggest pizza ya ever seen

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

But how would you pronounce it?

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I got my strung-up popcorn and ice cubes ready for Wednesday :dance:

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Yeah, I do recall him being irritated with the deluge of “hey Cake Boss (cake boss) got busted for drunk driving” in his twitter feed

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Mr. Squishy posted:

Hey is that a schoolbus filled with kids? - Scotty D (the D is for Dick)

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

That’s still one of the best bits from CBB; I get why Brendan Smalls quit doing Victor & Tiny but I miss those poor hapless guys so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I scored 100%, did not expect that