Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Every time Jon Hamm is on, it still blows me away just how absolutely hilarious he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Harris Wittels is on today!

So is Jon Heder :smith:

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

I think that the best running joke is Scott always coming up with a fake Michael Jackson quote for Who Said It?

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

I lost it when I saw Huebel's message

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Scott and Jason saying "Chip Gardner" at the same time was great, but I think the biggest laugh for me was Scott saying that Chip's To Catch A Predator show was called Catch and Release. I have no idea why.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

James Adomian is in LA for a week, so hopefully we can get a new CBB with him.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

I think you just insulted Jon Wurster and now I hate you

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

There's a few Superego sketches with Don Dimello. One with him, PFT's John C Reilly, and a Nick Nolte (I think it's Patton I'm not sure). Another with Don, Lord Dame Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber, and someone as HR Giger.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Power of Pecota posted:

I cherry-pick which older episodes to listen to, and Tim Heidecker's first appearance is the only CBB I've just bailed on. He spent like half an hour doing a disinterested Andy Kaufman thing where he just wanted to talk about his career as a musician, Scott was trying really hard to play into it and get him to go somewhere beyond that with it and he just never did.

That episode was one huge reference to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJWS6qyy7bw

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

CaptBushido posted:

David Wain is NOT boring. (but he was in this episode and his family there didn't really serve any point)

That being said, eh, I have room in my heart for a sentimental thing like that every now and then. It's not gonna win much praise, but whatever, it was cute. The ongoing acronym creating bit was kinda funny.

I guess that is Adomian's hook as Busey, because he does that same bit on Sklarbro Coutnry.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Comedy Central picked up Andy Daly's pilot :woop:

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Power of Pecota posted:

I've seen like two episodes of Mr. Show, and then I was mostly watching for David Cross. Yeah, I really do need to remedy that.

You don't even recognize him as Saul Goodman?

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

RandolphCarter posted:

Fix that fast man, it really is one of the best shows on tv. i'm still waiting for the 4th season to come out on blu-ray though so maybe it went downhill.
Nope

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

"Reggae Tony is my weed dealer" got the biggest laugh out of me

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

It's Lil' Gary, you should feel ashamed.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Yeesh that's even a short run by NBC standards

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

I'm sure you're posting iBrain but just in case
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtV80ZdpTY0

A Bob Ducca Classic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHIegpSmIyw

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Poopy Palpy posted:

Scott and/or Reggie are going to be on an earwolf podcast every day this week.

I hope this mean we get Scott on Who Charted again

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Politicalrancor posted:

Mantzoukas might be my very favorite guest on the show, because the way he and Scott riff off each other is so loving perfect and funny.
Scott, let me just say great question.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Neil Campbell is Scott's co-writer for Mike Detective, so you should love him unconditionally.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Brett Gelman was on WTF recently and mentioned his first paying acting gig...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD_bqXMO5aY

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Deadpool posted:

Saying that Paul Scheer is not good at improv is one of the most laughable comments I've heard in a long time. It's just so uniformed to the point that I almost believe you said it just to see what the response would be to such a stupid comment.

You see he is bad at improv because he's not a great host.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

I think this might be my favorite episode of 2012.

Could you hand me that scooper?

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Man I'm kind of bummed because I was hoping for a Rob Delaney episode since he's doing an advertising blitz for his new special.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

They better have Howard Kremer on the rap podcast

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Cast No Engine posted:

CBB today was awesome, i really wish Scott and Jason did a miniseries like Analyze Phish because them together is hilarious, maybe my favorite combo in all of podcasting.

Scott, before we go on, let me just say great question

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Between the TV show and their few podcast appearances, Key and Peele are incredibly funny. They were absolutely wasted on MAD TV.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Brasseye is the best British sketch show

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Politicalrancor posted:

I have no idea what you're talking about. Those episodes where they are punchy as hell are garbage (like the band Garbage, so great)

This post is Saucerman as hell

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Scott just posted on Twitter a huge line-up for his annual benefit show and then casually mentioned he's retiring CBB. He's probably too busy with Earwolf, the show (did it get renewed?), and screenwriting.

He said he's retiring from producing it. I'm pretty sure it's still going on with another guy doing the booking.

e: whoops it's another standup show in the same timeslot. It's not keeping the CBB name.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Haven't listened yet but HOLY poo poo BILLY EICHNER IS ON THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Since this is kind of the unofficial Kroll Show thread, it got picked up for a second season! :)

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

I better see some televised New No-Nos

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

The one with Adam Pally and Casey Wilson was great.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

JethroMcB posted:

If he were to post a picture of himself talking to Kulap, and she was wearing a New Order shirt, would that fix things?

That would be this story's version of "I have black friends"

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

How are u posted:

Oh my goodness, I'm so looking forward to my bus ride tomorrow/today. I should go to sleep so I can wake up and listen to it!!

e: also, regarding that last Marc Maron episode; did anybody else think he came off as an rear end in a top hat? I don't know anything about the guy except from what I've heard over the years on CBB and from what I saw of him on a single episode of Louie but he seemed like kind of a dick.

Yep that's Marc Maron

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Beeez posted:

The DVD of ASSSSSCAT also emphasizes, for me, that Andy Daly really is one of, if not the most, talented improvisers I've ever seen. Nothing he says on that DVD falls flat for me.

He absolutely is. The way he handles those tests that Auckerman give him every time he's on are amazing. I don't think he's ever failed one.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

I'll let you answer in a minute, Jethro. But, Politicalrancor, let me just say great question

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Beeez posted:

I agree, actually. I like the Chip Gardner episode but it really doesn't have a good flow to it because they, especially Scott, want to steer things so badly and don't give what they do throw at him time to breath. That's a bit of a problem with the Dalton Wilcox episode, too.

This is what makes me love that combo. Scott and Jason try as hard as they can to make Andy slip up, but he's literally the best improviser in the world so it never works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

ArtVandelay posted:

What episode did that start? i'll be damned if I can remember.

Juan Jamón and Nick Kroll