Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
" I can't believe it"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Is Zouks a household name?

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

I also don't have that much time in my week so no matter how many new podcasts they throw at me I don't know when I'll be able to listen to them.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Didn't Jon Daly show up as a tree for one episode.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

I'm catching up but Tawny Newsom is really good and I hope she becomes a regular.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Ayo I know I am late again but the Showalter, Brittain, Rowley episode was very good and very weird and I hope it gets love in the best of.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

GobiasIndustries posted:

Are the Showalter/Brittain/Rowley (457) and Pemberton/Sher/Theus Jr. (453) episodes worth listening to?

First one is really good

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Ming is fine but the crime scene cleanup guy rules

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Gelmania is one of my favourite things ever

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Gelmania was really special.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

SpacePig posted:

The one person I remember being a genuine fan of the author they were portraying was Ben Schwartz, who had his heart broken live on stage.

An all time amazing moment of podcasting

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

LesterGroans posted:

This discussion is just reminding me how loving funny Victor and Tiny's podcast sample on CBB was.

Might be a top five CBB moment for me

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

We’ve had a good look back at the Victor and Tiny Podcast but let’s not forget Under the Apple Tree

https://youtu.be/j9JUAu_v4rA

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Baltz getting roasted for not having any premise for his character was so funny.

I am only just back into the show after not listening to the show since early 2019? I was getting burned out on the format and the sequel episodes, but it’s been really refreshing coming back and hearing the new talent really holding the show.

I have listened to most of the 2021 bangers as per the best of, but if there is any other classics over 2020 I would love to hear them.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

His theory that if Super Mario Bros was a foreign film it would be seen as a visually interesting oddity, rather than being maligned, is actually brilliant.

It’s actually become a podcast I like a lot. Something about the paywall makes Scott so frank and brutal, he hasn’t been like this since the early days of CBB.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Unfair how funny Jon Hamm is. Good to hear him back on the show.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Sorry for being so late to this but Hey Randy is loving incredible

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Something about Carl Tart’s Barkley makes me so happy

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Allison Williams is a great guest and was very quick!

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Also I just caught up on the Pretty Woman episode of Scott Hasn’t Seen. A+ ending to the episode Scott remains undefeated.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

CBB FM is the most indulgent show on the network, but I love it. It’s mainly Scott just getting to talk about his own music taste and subjecting his guests to his music library. The guest segment seems like a polite requirement, but Scott’s tastes and perspective is front and centre.

I love it.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Mollymauk posted:

Bruba go do.

Another home run, the man is unstoppable.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Live At Five! posted:

Gil Ozeri has been absolutely on fire since Dr Sweetchat. Bruba go do is one of the funniest bits I've ever heard on CBB, even reading that phrase makes me laugh.

I feel bad because CBB is primarily an improv show, but my favorite bits tend to be pre-recorded skits. Victor’s podcast, Dr Sweetchat, Who Said It…

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Mr. Squishy posted:

Dr sweetchat wasn't pre-recorded, but I understand your point. Ozeri's characters are him plugging in a loud machine and nobody else can say anything. And it's good!

Sorry you’re right, I should say “prepared.” He clearly has a script he is working with and leaving room to riff. It’s so funny and he’s on track for MVP again.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Also the Gil Ozeri SnapChat era was so loving wild. The last arc in this compilation is beyond bonkers.

https://youtu.be/xPWR9K0HBNQ

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

For all of the insanity of the Snapchat video, and there’s a lot of insanity, I keep coming back to the bit where he just takes a knife to his car’s tire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Andy Daly has come in with poems about loving the ground so he’s certainly in the middle of the spectrum.