Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Jack Quaid is the perfect CBB guest. I will never understand how someone with his parentage ended up being a seemingly normal, funny person. But I love him so much.

Also for my birthday this year my partner got us VIP tickets to the CBB tour and I'm very excited to find out who is performing with Scott and PFT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

I'm going to the Brooklyn show while I'm visiting nyc and we got vip tickets so I'm double pumped for it.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Nichael posted:

Also going to the Brooklyn one with my friend. I'm so excited for it I had a dream the other night that our show got an Andy Daly character for its guest, and I was losing my mind.

Was that the Philly one a while back? I was there too, it was a great show.

I am really hoping we'll see Andy Daly as well. Do we know when they announce the lineup?

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Nichael posted:

Brooklyn Comedy Bing Bong show about to start, can't wait.

I'm so mad because I was supposed to be there but a large wrench got thrown in my plans/life last week. Enjoy!!

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

As a huge fan of both Doughboys and Get Made, Monster gently caress is somehow my favorite Wiger bit of all.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Sometimes I worry that Tim and Lily are using CBB for weird psychosexual experimentation. But it's very very funny.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

CBB World is worth it just for Scott Hasn't Seen. It's nice to have a show where he is just completely himself, and his co-host is a very very thinly veiled Shawn Diston.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Dickie Donnelly is a GOAT character. I don't think I've ever laughed out loud that much during a podcast ever. Just everyone bringing their A-game.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

I remember my first attempt to get into the CBB podcast years and years ago because I binged the first couple seasons of the show and loved it. I bounced right off the podcast at first because I didn’t really know how different the formula was. I slowly got into it more and more because I had so much time to listen to podcasts at my last job. Honestly I think it’s better than ever in the years that I’ve been listening. The guests in the Christmas episode all piling on Scott is just great.

Maybe thanks to Threedom and Scott Hasn’t Seen he feels less compelled to play the character of “Scott Aukerman”. So the show feels more relaxed as he lets the guests just go hogwild and he gently nudges them along. But also I could be talking about of my rear end!

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

I love Solo Bolo because Scott often finds a new way to get Schwartz's projects wrong. And I just love Schwartz in general.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Gil was really the MVP of 2022 but my favorite was The Busiest Man in the World, which was all the way down at Number Six. Just a masterclass in pacing and nonsense.

I'd forgotten how good the setup for Gabriel Sardinas' voice memos was. Everyone else fighting against it and talking over each other, refusing to let the bit start. And as soon as he gets the first memo playing, they're all just completely in it. That voice is just too drat good.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Yeah with free CBB it might just be on constant rotation for me. Plus I also have YT Premium so it’s ad-free. Oh glorious day!

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Yeah I got into the show like 7-8 years ago and really loved it but it took me awhile to understand the podcast, mostly because I missed Reggie. They have a great dynamic that was definitely missing with Kudi and even Al.

Of course now I love the podcast and listen to quite a lot of podcasts from forget CBB writers so watching the show now is like seeing all my friends perform. Parasocial relationships are a hell of a thing.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

I love when a famous guest is clearly a fan. Definitely did not expect that from her. She did great with the improv bits.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Bad news: CBB on YouTube is like missing a huge chunk of episodes but it seems be some kind of glitch? A real bummer

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

I am glad Scott watched Pink Flamingos so I could hear about it without me ever watching it. And of course Jake Fogelnest watched it as a child it explains so much.

Also I genuinely don't know if Hey Randy is actually amazing or if I'm being tricked ala laugh tracks because everyone on it is constantly cracking each other up. Dan Lippert's laugh is extremely infectious.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Scott Hasn't Seen is great and i never watch the movies for them. Even if I've already seen it, it doesn't really change my enjoyment of the episode. SHS and Threedom are just nice because you're not getting the character of "Scott Aukerman". It's also funny how incredibly thin the veneer of Sprague is at this point, but I don't ever want the gimmick to end.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Shrink genuinely made my cry. There's a specific kind of show that sets up a funny premise and then explores the situation past the comedy and into the drama. And Shrink pulls that off really well. It's a bummer it only got one season but it tells a very compelling and satisfying narrative in only 8 episodes.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

In all my years listening to the CBB podcast, Reggie has not appeared once! Felt very right to hear him on today's episode.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Gil Ozeri might be the funniest person on the planet

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

I need some kind of Gilroy/Ozeri combo were they reach the highest highs of comedy and everything afterwards is a huge disappointment

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Annabel Pee posted:

Is CBB world just ran on good will basically? My month expired but I still have all the feeds I signed up for on my podcast thing, I’d be happy to throw more money at them at some point especially if there’s any new feeds was just wondering how it worked because it looks like I still have everything.

Podcast feeds like that will eventually expire. I don't know exactly how it works but I've always noticed I keep my paid feed for a month or two after I stop paying.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Gil's poo poo is very prepared but everyone's reactions to it is still part of the improv. Tht funniest was Gabriel Sardinas because everyone was actively working against Gil doing the bit at first but he still pushed it through and won everyone over.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Neil Campbell as himself on CBB is really jarring.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Shoegazing posted:

I just got my book in (signed by Scott, PFT, and Lauren) and it is thicc.

I flipped through it a bit and it’s worth the price alone for Foam Corner.

I’m really looking forward to reading the whole thing. It’s a really really nice production.

Oh dang I'm jealous! Mine isn't estimated to arrive for another couple weeks. I kind of felt bad after hearing Scott complain about how many he had to sign haha. But not that bad because he got my money.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

That was the most I've ever been able to understand Dr. Sweetchat.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Mine was signed by Scott, PFT, and Gabrus, which was a pleasant surprise. Incredible book so far.

Also, Silver Screen Sammy is a loving great character and I hope he keeps coming back.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

I've said it before but Gil having to struggle and fight his way to getting Scott, Ben Schwartz, and Adam Pally to actually listen to the Sardinas recordings — and then they're all totally on board with it once they hear it — is maybe my favorite moment from last year. I'm hoping he doesn't set a precedent where everyone starts preparing material to that extent, but it's great having one person who pulls it off.

And Will Hines is great because there's a genuine friendship there and his characters exist to test the limits of improv as a form. Scott pokes and prods because he knows Will can handle it and the end result is something sillier and funnier than just a goofy character.

The podcast would be boring for Scott and for the listener if there wasn't a variety of improv styles to pull from. Like the Aunty Donna guys are kind of bad at it, but they're still very funny and I laughed a lot at their recent episode. I just love this drat show!

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

I feel like Diston is putting less and less effort into the Sprague voice on SHS and honestly I kind of love it. It's always been the vaguest veneer of a character but for some reason the half-assed commitment to the bit is what makes the bit work for me.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Scott and Tawnie today was great. Guests who play into the negativity always bring out very funny poo poo. (See, every PFT character that is openly hostile towards Scott.)

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

It’s great because anything where Scott and Paul are not in character, they get along better than any people can. Threedom is my favorite show for just chilling out and listening to friends gently caress around.

Scott also shared a really loving post about Paul Reubens today on Instagram.

https://twitter.com/comedybangbang/status/1686069737833316359?s=61&t=l3UaNwaqSfO2fx3jbb747Q

Original post: https://www.instagram.com/p/CvXp4olJsDo/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Speedboat Jones posted:

If I were any good at photoshop I’d take the album cover to Big Black’s “Songs About loving” and change it to “Hugs Between Friends”

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Lisa Gilroy has got to be in the top 10 funniest people on the planet

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Chairman Capone posted:

Speaking of Lauren Lapkus, what's up with Newcomers? I just remembered that the Batman season was supposed to start two months ago.

She's mentioned on Threedom that they are watching Batman. Not sure why it's taking so long to release the episodes. Maybe they don't want to be seen as breaking the SAG strike? But that hasn't stopped other movie podcasts starring actors.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

I liked Sam Jay, but it was definitely a case where Scott wasn’t playing the character of “Scott Aukerman” and was having a real conversation with her about comedy and writing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

One of my favorite things about Threedom is how much they actually seem to enjoy when people tell them that they are Piss Pigs.