Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

wafflesnsegways posted:

Thinking about that show makes me kind of sad for the people involved, from Chris Hardwick on up to the execs. You have on opportunity to put a show on TV, and recycling stuff from the internet seemed like the best choice?

It's cheap to make and gives them the excuse to book fun guests you know and love from podcasts to make silly jokes about dumb things. Have you guys even watched the show? It can be loving hilarious and it's easy money for people like Scott and PFT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The Mayor of Hollywood being a real thing also really amused me.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

So, does anyone do a Putin impression? I really hope Monday is a Sochi based guest.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That's a good point. Generic Russian is fine with me!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Andy Daly's new Comedy Central show has its first episode online to watch. As expected it's incredibly average with no real... ah who am I kidding, this is the year of Andy Daly. It's loving amazing.

http://www.comedycentral.com/episodes/coh418/review-stealing--addiction--prom-season-1-ep-101

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Zsinjeh posted:

Oh my God Jessica S:t Clair plays his wife, this show is beyond amazing. Is there anything we can do to help Comedy Central realize how good it is and give it a thousand seasons? Retweet it a bunch or make reddit posts or whatever kids do these days?

e: goddamn this show :lol:

"Dad?!"
"Auuugh shutupshutupshutup..How do you know CPR?! HOW DO YOU KNOW CPR?! THIS KID IS A COP GET OFF ME!!"

Marissa in the flesh, I love Jess so much so she's perfect in this. The quote from your spoiler, that part was amazing. The end sequence too, you see it coming JUST before it happens and its just the most amazing payoff to the episode.

Anyway, made a thread for it in TV IV, please hype up how absurdly good Daly is and how this is absolutely worth 20 minutes of their time - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3609572

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

JethroMcB posted:

Going to give Review a look tonight. I'm glad to hear it's meeting people's expectations, but I'm still worried by how the network has treated it since it was first announced over two years ago. I've been burned by Comedy Central too often (RIP, Onion SportsDome)

I miss SportsDome too, it was really good. I think it sadly came a year too early, shows that have premiered since then seem to have done a little better on the network. CC has gone from a place that 'has South Park, Daily Show and Colbert plus whatever awful poo poo is aired around it' into a network that's got some really good original programming now. drat... TV is really, really good for comedy right now.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I won't be able to tell the difference because I'm about to listen to it on my phone speaker, but this weeks episode is about twice the file size as usual. Might be a better quality encode going forward (or a mistake).

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I always liked the panning on the Adam and Joe podcast, but that was sourced from a BBC radio show so they have a proper broadcasting rig. I do like some directional separation, especially when I'm not sure who is doing what character.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I usually put podcasts on when I'm going to bed, and often don't get the chance to listen to the whole thing and never catch up on the end. Totally glad I didn't do that today, as soon as I saw the guest list I knew I had to listen to this all the way through in one go.

International waters, satanism and the whole Andy Daly universe is completely imploding. It's amazing.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I think I want to know the background to this episode more than any individual one they've ever done. I'm always intrigued as to how much of a new character is thought of in advance, but I wonder if there was any plan for the good vs evil war, having Dalton on etc before hand or if it naturally just came up. I've always presumed there's a bit of setup done in the breaks too but Scott is just a master of moving a show along well.

I've not listened to Nine Sweaters before and I hear it's great, so that'll be my 'going to bed' listen instead of CBB for a change.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah that site is a godsend when trying to track back character appearances. It's a shame a lot of the episodes are quite light on info, but it's incredibly useful. It should become official.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Sheriff of Nottingham, according to his Twitter feed.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Only the first episode is on Hulu, I find they tend to just have the same episodes of stuff that CC have on their website. Hopefully others will go up in time.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

They'll probably just shoot at the same pace and have breaks mid season and spread them out. Odd way of saying it, but I have no doubt they'll be able to keep up the quality. The podcast gives them so much material to work with at the very least.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It's up now.... buuuuuuut I'm going to wait for feedback from others before listening to this one. First time in Comedy Bing Bong history I've seen the guest list and it's put me off listening completely. And I don't even know who one of the people is.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I find the 5.1 mix for SNL sounds a good chunk better than the stereo mix down usually does.

Also lots of guests on CBB are current/recent SNL writers/performers so it's a weird thing to swipe at in this thread.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Nice, Weird Al and PFT today. That combination of guests just has me hearing 'WEEEEEEEIRD! YOU GOTTA KEEP THE NOIIIISE DOWWWWWWN!' in my head now.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

If you can't get it today, I can do you a cap tomorrow when I get home. It'll be 1280x720.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah just looked up the guests. It's been too long, so loving psyched!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Double Wompler goodness, as USA have put up the Jess StClair/Lennon Parham pilot on their website! Starts next week with 2 episodes

http://www.usanetwork.com/playinghouse/videos/pilot

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I think both parties wanted different things out of the deal and it caused them to go separate ways. If there was any unpleasantness it was gotten over as I believe Ulrich is on the episode of CTT that's on the earwolf store to buy.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Hey! I made a thread, and stupid fan art, for Jess and Lenn's show - Playing House. Let's hope it doesn't fade into obscurity!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

;)

Man I wrote about 10,000 lines of code for that site...

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I built a TV review site for people in TV IV to allocate themselves shows, write up their feelings on shows and then a daily editor would go through and publish all the ready ones and build up a front page for it. It worked pretty good (a few bugs obviously), but we went from about 90 people writing to everyone pretty much being too busy etc at the same time and it just didn't see worthwhile continuing. Had all crazy integration with TVRage or whatever so all the listings were available automatically and stuff, easily the most ambitious thing I'd built from scratch... pity it couldn't last!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Bit suss about that survey thing. The way it was read out on the show made me think it was specifically for Earwolf, but the site you go to has no connection to them and Scott was just reading out the provided text at the top of the survey. So 'we' isn't CBB/EW, but whoever PodSurvey are. Month old domain name and no real T&Cs. Think I'll skip this one.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I don't think I actually ever got around to the pepper sketch (I saw the episode, but missed that bit), but I remember it going down like a lead balloon in the chat thread. Funny how he had an awkward start and now is rock solid reliable.

Beeez posted:

I know SNL is widely hated these days, maybe rightly maybe not, but he does do some good stuff on that.

I wouldn't say SNL is anymore hated now than it has over the last 2 decades, or probably over the next 2 decades either. The cast is great, the writing can be great.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Haven't heard the episode yet, but Daly is battling some kid on Twitter about Green Day? I feel this is related...

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

He's on the AV Club today for their column HateSong. He chose "American Idiot"

Ah, good choice. Green Day are insufferable past Insomniac, I'm with Daly on this one.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Okonner posted:

There's some beautiful music on metalocalypse if you're not one of those squares who'll go "I just don't like the screaming".

Always my favourite cut from the first record, absolute props for writing actual believable tracks for the show rather than just winging it on what fits the stereotype. So much fan service in the show, but how many shows really cater towards metal fans? I still want to go eat at Dimmu Burger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyw0xeOwVd0

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

freeipods posted:

I also want to throw some love out for the Life & Times of Tim, while we're on the subject of crudely drawn cartoons with great improvised dialogue.

Such a great show, and it really feels like they did all the dialogue in a single take sat around the table while laughing their asses off.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I must've missed when Technicality No Boo Down Over happened on an episode as I often put on podcasts when I go to sleep, so I googled it. Well I googled the word 'Technicality' and it autofilled the rest as its first suggestion.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I hope it doesn't deter you from watching Nathan For You. Easily one of the funniest TV shows on right now.

This. I'm a bit disappointed that Nathan isn't a great guest - are the people commenting familiar with his show or not? Wondering if that makes a difference.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The only complaint I had about Nathan For You, is that it premiered next to The Ben Show which was really, really funny - and got completely overlooked due to just how off the wall amazing NFY was. Ben Show totally deserved a second season, but it just disappeared into a black hole because it couldn't match it's timeslot partner.

I run the Comedy Central thread in TVIV, it's a nice, no argument zone for the majority. Drunk History is also back tonight with NFY, it's a great hour block on the channel for a summer with not a lot of comedy airing. There's also some show called Maroon on which I presume is about the colour, and Comedy Bang Bang The TV Show? That just sounds silly.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah the Best Ofs are generally pretty well cut for people who've not heard the episodes before, rather than just reminding people of fun times.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

kidsam posted:

here's the full Geegland/Faison show that was mentioned on their latest episode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkitRyvdtJY

Looking forward to properly watching this, cheers. The host seems really funny and those bios were amazing.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That was so goddamned funny. I couldn't look at the screen when George gave the reason for his dismissal, I was laughing so hard.

Also quite honoured to have eaten at the diner where they came up with the concept for too much tuna. Pretty sure it was a goon suggestion too. I was sadly not prantked that day though.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That was really fun. I've never watched much Reno, is that a pretty good example of quality? I like lots of the people involved from multiple things. Was that an actual episode or some dvd extras?

Particularly fun hearing Daly claim he could never rob a bank. How things change.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Poopy Palpy posted:

If I have to recommend a show starring former members of The State it's going to be Stella, but Reno 9/11 was good too.

Yeah, I've already seen and loved Stella. Seen bits and pieces of Reno, but never given it a watch for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah anything the Michaels put their hand to is at least worth a watch. I enjoyed Issues too.

Over here they used to make a show called Comedy Connections or something similar, and it'd be an hour episode tracing groups of people who worked together through timelines, documenting what they did and with whom. One for The State would be so good, although not sure an hour could cover it enough.