Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DerbyTime!!!
Dec 17, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Best guest!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

One day I hope to have Duncan Trussel and Bert "The Machine" Kreischner on the same podcast... :allears:

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AltronHGX posted:

One day I hope to have Duncan Trussel and Bert "The Machine" Kreischner on the same podcast... :allears:
They'll get stuck in a feedback loop of funny laughs for three hours until Redban interrupts with a story about how walking his dog is just ridiculous.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

People that think Redban is ridiculous should listen to his Deathsquad stuff because I actually like listening to him when he's not an extra wheel trying to interrupt with his redbanneurisms

edit: is it just me or is it impossible to watch the ustream because of lag?

goldblums eyes fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Oct 18, 2011

WHY SEE ESS
Sep 12, 2006

glassy-eyed bambi posted:

People that think Redban is ridiculous should listen to his Deathsquad stuff because I actually like listening to him when he's not an extra wheel trying to interrupt with his redbanneurisms

edit: is it just me or is it impossible to watch the ustream because of lag?

I pretty much agree, he's way better on the podcasts he produces with other comics. Also while he can get pretty bad sometimes, especially with Joe, he provides people with tons of free content and I can honestly say that I wouldn't be able to do my mundane job without his or Joe's podcasts.

Also sometimes I'll watch the ustream for a few minutes if I end up catching it live, but I lose interest and just download the audio for them later.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Joe Rogan loving loves werewolves.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

WHY SEE ESS posted:

I pretty much agree, he's way better on the podcasts he produces with other comics. Also while he can get pretty bad sometimes, especially with Joe, he provides people with tons of free content and I can honestly say that I wouldn't be able to do my mundane job without his or Joe's podcasts.

I do wish he did this more though on JRE

which I wouldve done too during the whole "fear" conversation because

Only registered members can see post attachments!

goldblums eyes fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Oct 19, 2011

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kevin Pereira on the podcast tonight at 7pm PST. The last episode he was in was pretty good, so check it out.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
I don't get G4 and wondered "Why on earth is a guy who ran a comedy website and made prank calls in the late 90s on the Joe Rogan podcast?" and then googled him and found out that he is on G4 now.

Am I the only one who remembers https://www.lickmysweaty.com :ohdear:

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Did the end of the latest Duncan Trussell episode get chopped off for everyone else too?

WHY SEE ESS
Sep 12, 2006
That happened to me as well using Google Chrome at home. I used Firefox to dl it at work and it worked fine.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
I loved the last Pereira episode so I'm pretty pumped for this.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I used to think Kevin Pereira was a personality-less corporate drone exactly like Ryan Seacrest but god drat did the first podcast with him shatter that. Yesterday's also kicked rear end and Kevin Pereira loving owns and I wish they went longer :<

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
It's funny seeing Kevin Pereira as a TV Host now, because I remember him as being a guy with a shoutcast prank call show that he streamed from his mom's house and a guy who posted funny videos that he filmed at a park.

It's cool to find out that things worked out for him :)

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I always assumed he was just another of the vapid( :goonsay: ) pretty faces that G4 brought along when they merged with TechTV and started the process of axing anyone who actually cared/knew anything about the poo poo the channel was about. His first appearance on the podcast completely dispelled any notion of that, and it's good to hear he's always been a bit of a nerd while not being all "NERD CULTURE, MAN! NERDCORE IS A LEGITIMATE GENRE OF MUSIC!"

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

AltronHGX posted:

I used to think Kevin Pereira was a personality-less corporate drone exactly like Ryan Seacrest but god drat did the first podcast with him shatter that. Yesterday's also kicked rear end and Kevin Pereira loving owns and I wish they went longer :<

Im interested in why you thought this, because on g4 he had a decent amount of personality. He was no tommy tallarico but I can't think of what media you saw that would have you form this opinion (this isn't to be confused with "i can't see why someone couldn't like him" because that's completely different).

goldblums eyes fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Oct 21, 2011

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

glassy-eyed bambi posted:

Im interested in why you thought this, because on g4 he had a decent amount of personality. He was no tommy tallarico but I can't think of what media you saw that would have you form this opinion (this isn't to be confused with "i can't see why someone couldn't like him" because that's completely different).
Very very brief bits of him doing really mundane poo poo on Attack of the Show, as well as his interview with one of the admins at SA here. I've never watched TechTV or G4 so he just seemed like another bland, generic host. So glad to be wrong about him.

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
This last episode is the first one I've ever listened to. I loving love it. What other episodes are as good as this that I should go back to? I'm already going to download the previous episode with him on it.

widunder
May 2, 2002

Shampy posted:

This last episode is the first one I've ever listened to. I loving love it. What other episodes are as good as this that I should go back to? I'm already going to download the previous episode with him on it.
Anything with Joey Diaz is good, I really like Bill Burr so both of his are great, Duncan Trussel is great if you're into his sort of life philosophy, and more recently, I quite enjoyed the Anthony Bourdain show. Bas Rutten is a must if you're the very least interested in MMA and general craziness.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

Shampy posted:

With that avatar and gang tag I would have to say you need to get all the Duncan Trussel episodes.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Shampy posted:

Bert Kreischer episodes

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I liked how, twice, on the last podcast joe said, while defending marijuana, that it makes "sex taste better" and no one said anything :kiddo: but there were definitely awkward pauses after each time.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Shampy posted:

Seconding the Bill Burr, Bert Kreischer (first two), Bourdain, Mad Flavor (Joey Diaz) and Bas Rutten episodes.

Also any episode with Bryan Callen (Bryan and Joe sperg about animals, Bryan describes participating in an orgy), Charlie Murphy, the 'Not for tickling player' episode (I think that was Daryl Wright), Adam Carolla, Tim Ferriss and Mayhem Miller are worth listening to.

Since the episode quality varies widely we should have a 'best of' in the op or something.

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Oct 21, 2011

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

AltronHGX posted:

I liked how, twice, on the last podcast joe said, while defending marijuana, that it makes "sex taste better" and no one said anything :kiddo: but there were definitely awkward pauses after each time.

He means food, but it does make sex better fo sho

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

CortezFantastic posted:

He means food, but it does make sex better fo sho

Yeah I know what he meant, I just found it funny. He did say "makes food taste better" immediately before "sex tastes better". Both times it sounded like he was about to correct himself too but he was just like gently caress it.

WHY SEE ESS
Sep 12, 2006
I think my favourite podcast was with Bobby Lee. Very close to being fired after he told the story about farting in the girls mouth on the MadTV set that he didn't even know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USl8c0hyC1k

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Oh Joe... Nootropic isn't pronounced like that.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Is Rogan always the way he was during the Kevin Pereira show? It didn't seem like he was paying attention (you're right but *exactly what he was saying before that is the opposite of what Kevin was saying*) and the framing of things which almost seemed like he was only trying to go against the grain.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Sporadic posted:

Is Rogan always the way he was during the Kevin Pereira show? It didn't seem like he was paying attention (you're right but *exactly what he was saying before that is the opposite of what Kevin was saying*) and the framing of things which almost seemed like he was only trying to go against the grain.

He can be pretty hypocritical. For instance, he'll go on about the benefits of vegetarian/vegan diets, and how much he's against inhumane treatment of animals, and then he'll end it with "...but steak is really good, so,"

Often times I think he's just trying to play devil's advocate, though.

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem
"Well McKenna said ..."

It's starting to sound like a verbal tic.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

codyclarke posted:

He can be pretty hypocritical. For instance, he'll go on about the benefits of vegetarian/vegan diets, and how much he's against inhumane treatment of animals, and then he'll end it with "...but steak is really good, so,"

Often times I think he's just trying to play devil's advocate, though.

But you see he ONLY eats grass fed cattle, it's different!

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

codyclarke posted:

I think this the attitude of a lot of people. Ideally, I think I would be more healthy eating a vegetarian/vegan diet and I don't like how chickens and cows are housed and processed in the food industry, but gently caress... I enjoy the taste of meat too much to give it up.

Dash Nine
Jun 20, 2003

Rawk.
Love Love Love JRE but Joe does have some crazy positions on stuff which is frustrating. He gets spiritual when he talks about weed, DMT, and Ayahuasca , talking about journeys etc. but will not entertain the idea of UFO's, Ghosts, or Paranormal.

Which is fine, but there is so much potential to the podcast. I already get a Art Bell vibe with more humor from it now.. but I couldn't imagine how awesome it would be to get Joe, Duncan/Bert/Joey (or whomever.. any of the regulars) with some Art Bell type guest.

I just love the twilight zone weed talk, crazier the better.. I could care less about the MMA poo poo, but thats me.

Please Joe, dial the crazy poo poo up to 11!

Edit: Yeah I heard the Ancient Aliens guy episode.. yeah it wasnt great.. but maybe someone else.

Dash Nine fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Oct 24, 2011

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
LIVE, now with Bryan Callen!

http://blog.joerogan.net/live-webcam
or
http://ustream.tv/joerogan

e: Ahahaha not even a minute in and already Callen's telling a hilarious story about shrooming while mountain hiking.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Callen is my favorite guest by a long shot

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Shane Smith just twittered that he wants to the Podcast.

gently caress. Yes. I'm so excited for something that hasn't even been confirmed.

Vice guide to travel and a lot of other stuff they put out there is so loving good.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

"gently caress you ghost what are you gonna do, 'booo'? bitch imsendintextmessaggesss, i'm watchin' youtube on my cell phone, ghost can go gently caress itself right" - joe

DerbyTime!!!
Dec 17, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Callen has some really really harmful and gross ideas and is way too sure about em.

AndIRanSoFarAway
Mar 31, 2011
I can't believe these people are middle-aged men.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Hearing Redban obviously upset over not having a wiki page was so awesome.